Trudeau announces Amira Elghawaby as Canada's first representative to combat Islamophobia

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How many dead children in Gaza will it take to make you feel better?
How many Gaza children died in the Toronto suburbs? Or in Paris? Or London? Or Sidney? Or Washington DC? Does harassing and terrorizing Jews outside of Israel make you feel better?

I know, it’s an asshole question on my part, mirrored back, for perspective. I felt dirty just typing it. Let me apologize in advance.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How many Gaza children died in the Toronto suburbs? Or in Paris? Or London? Or Sidney? Or Washington DC? Does harassing and terrorizing Jews outside of Israel make you feel better?

I know, it’s an asshole question on my part, mirrored back, for perspective. I felt dirty just typing it. Let me apologize in advance.
These people were assholes. It don't much matter to me if they were "supporting" Ham-ass, Gaza, Palestine, or the Maple Leafs. Their conduct is criminal. They should be prosecuted. Their motives should be taken into account upon sentencing.

Some Canadian FN guy got into an argument at the Miami Dolphins/Buffalo Bills game, and the other guy, presumably a Yank, shot him dead. I don't care if their dispute was over the Dolphins and the Bills, over Natives and non-Natives, or over Israel and Palestine. The shooter should hang, or at least do a long stretch. It has no valid implications for Natives, Yanks, Canadians, Palestinians, or Jews, and anybody who picks a side in any of the above based on this incident is a fool.

One of my favorite movie lines ever is from The Fugitive, where Harrison Ford plays a prison escapee who was wrongfully convicted and Tommy Lee Jones plays the US Marshal trying to track him down. At one point they get face-to-face at a distance of maybe 10m inside a dam. Ford yells "I didn't kill my wife!" Jones replies "I don't care." Same attitude should apply here. If these guys are caught and shout "Free the Palestinian people!" the judge should respond "Oh, I hope so. Just not you."

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
About three-dozen protesters appeared at Joly’s home, setting up a tent as well as a loud speaker, shouting slogans accusing her of complicity with the alleged “genocide.”

Numerous people from across the political spectrum denounced the tactic on X (formerly Twitter).

“This is intimidation, not protest. Just like protesting in a predominantly Jewish neighbourhood in Toronto was. Find an office, a consulate, an embassy, a government building, a public square to protest all you want for what you believe in — not a private home,” tweeted Conservative deputy leader Melissa Lantsman in response to the crowd gathering at Joly’s home.

“This is appalling. People do not have to agree with politicians and elected representatives, but to harass them at their private homes is completely and utterly unacceptable,” tweeted NDP MP Heather McPherson.

Amira Elghawaby? Comments? Two different groups protested in the streets of Toronto on Sunday to mark the 100th day since Hamas attacked Israel and took more than 200 hostages. One of the groups called for peace and the return of the hostages, the other called for intifada, revolution and the destruction of Israel.

It’s been this way since Hamas broke the ceasefire. Supporters of Israel call for peace, supporters of Hamas call for violence while carrying signs demanding a return to the ceasefire Hamas broke.

• Sad

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We have the same problem: hoi polloi using their ill-considered freedom to inconvenience their masters. Like Extreme Court Injustice Brett "Beer-Bong" Kavanaugh.

The peasants are truly revolting. They smell bad and make noise.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canada will abide by all rulings arising from South Africa's genocide case against Israel at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), officials at Global Affairs Canada have told CBC News.

The clarification, issued Monday, comes after days of confusion following verbal and written statements issued Friday by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly in response to South Africa's claim that Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza in its war against Hamas.

Trudeau's and Joly's statements were widely misreported in mainstream media and on social media as dismissing the South African case and taking the side of Israel. In fact, their statements carefully avoided either rejecting or endorsing South Africa's case against Israel.

The confusion affected one of the government's own ministers and some of its MPs, as well as the Consulate-General of Israel in Toronto.

Pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian organizations were united in describing the rollout of the government's position as mismanaged.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Canada will abide by all rulings arising from South Africa's genocide case against Israel at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), officials at Global Affairs Canada have told CBC News.

The clarification, issued Monday, comes after days of confusion following verbal and written statements issued Friday by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly in response to South Africa's claim that Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza in its war against Hamas.

Trudeau's and Joly's statements were widely misreported in mainstream media and on social media as dismissing the South African case and taking the side of Israel. In fact, their statements carefully avoided either rejecting or endorsing South Africa's case against Israel.

The confusion affected one of the government's own ministers and some of its MPs, as well as the Consulate-General of Israel in Toronto.

Pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian organizations were united in describing the rollout of the government's position as mismanaged.
Everything from this government is mismanaged.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

There will not be a condemnation as whatever is found, the result if negative to Israel will be vetoed by USA. If it is found in favour of Israel, it will be vetoed by Russia.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Palestinian Youth Movement – a group that staged celebratory rallies across Canada while the Oct. 7 massacres were ongoing – released an official statement praising the Houthi attacks and said that if Western powers want them to stop they should withdraw “support for the Zionist regime.”

Almost three in four Palestinians believe the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel was correct, and the ensuing Gaza war has lifted support for the Islamist group both there and in the West Bank, a survey from a respected Palestinian polling institute found.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The Palestinian Youth Movement – a group that staged celebratory rallies across Canada while the Oct. 7 massacres were ongoing – released an official statement praising the Houthi attacks and said that if Western powers want them to stop they should withdraw “support for the Zionist regime.”

Almost three in four Palestinians believe the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel was correct, and the ensuing Gaza war has lifted support for the Islamist group both there and in the West Bank, a survey from a respected Palestinian polling institute found.
We should import more as they integrate so well .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We should import more as they integrate so well .
Laith Marouf, the Liberal government-funded anti-racism consultant whose record of hateful tweets became an embarrassing controversy for the Liberals, is now the director of an anti-Israel online broadcaster.
Free Palestine Television (FPTV) was launched after the Hamas massacre of Israeli civilians on Oct. 7 and has featured footage of Hamas’s attacks on Israeli soldiers as well as manoeuvres from Hamas-affiliated militias such as the Mujahideen Brigades and Al-Qassam Brigades, which operate out of Gaza and the West Bank. It also published speeches with live translation to English from Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah and it publishes press releases attributed to various terror groups, such as Islamic Resistance in Iraq, an umbrella group of Iran-backed militias.

Marouf, who’s identified on its site as FPTV’s founder, is a senior consultant with the Community Media Advocacy Centre, which had a $122,000 contract with the Liberal government in 2022 to develop an anti-racism strategy for the broadcasting sector.

Justin? Amira? Comments? In a series of posts to X on Saturday, FPTV alleged that “the largest Jewish White Supremacist accounts in Apartheid Canada are mounting a disinformation campaign against our Community Television station,” and that it “is unaffiliated with any political party or groups, including Al-Tajammu which hosted our studios for a brief time & we have since moved as we expanded.” Etc…The Middle East Forum report, and subsequent social media posts, suggested that Free Palestine TV was “established” in Canada.
1705763681321.jpeg

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
“This province has no place for bigotry and racism. We stand with the Muslim community throughout Canada on this sorrowful day of remembrance.”

So wrote David Eby, premier of the Canadian province of British Columbia and leader of the British Columbia New Democratic Party, on Saturday in a social media post, which linked to his statement for International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
Some five hours after correcting the post, the premier apologized.

“Today a member of my team posted the wrong text with my statement on Holocaust Remembrance Day….so he apologized for someone else, almost Liberal like…or is that now NDP/Liberal like? Oh well. It was International Holocaust Remembrance Day, so it’s understandable on all fronts & counts, etc…
He subsequently deleted the post and penned a new one. “Today, people all over the world will be remembering the six million Jewish lives lost during the Holocaust, along with millions of others who were targeted because of their ethnicity, sexual identity, disability or political opposition to the Nazis,” he wrote.

“We stand together in opposing the deeply troubling rise of Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred in British Columbia,” he added.