Round 2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Funny how defending your country from an invader can be seen as aggressive.
Funny how Iran has been attacking Israel through its proxies for 45yrs, but Iran retaliated against Israel April 12th or 13th? The perspective is skewed.

For six months, Iran’s Hamas puppets out of Gaza & Irans Hezbollah puppets out of Lebanon and Syria have been lobbing rockets and missiles into Israel, and on April Fools Day Israel lobbed some back taking out Iran’s masterminds behind the Oct 7th attack by Hamas…and Iran retaliated (?) and many feel that’s justifiably justifiable. Damn filthy Jews and their Jewiness Jewwing away on real estate in the Middle East. How dare they?!?
1713626011777.jpeg
1713626070144.jpeg

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Funny how Iran has been attacking Israel through its proxies for 45yrs, but Iran retaliated against Israel April 12th or 13th? The perspective is skewed.

For six months, Iran’s Hamas puppets out of Gaza & Irans Hezbollah puppets out of Lebanon and Syria have been lobbing rockets and missiles into Israel, and on April Fools Day Israel lobbed some back taking out Iran’s masterminds behind the Oct 7th attack by Hamas…and Iran retaliated (?) and many feel that’s justifiably justifiable. Damn filthy Jews and their Jewiness Jewwing away on real estate in the Middle East. How dare they?!?
View attachment 21869
View attachment 21870
Does Israel do shit through proxies?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I understand Iran's thinking about not retaliating.

For the same reasons, I have decided that, no matter how offensive he is to me, I won't retaliate against Mike Tyson.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’m sure they’d have to.
The US, UK, Saudis etc...without them the last barrage of drones and missiles would have been devistating. It would have been far more than 60 drones and missiles hitting their targets (yes, the real number was around 80% not 99%).

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The US, UK, Saudis etc…
These are countries. Neighbouring or otherwise, allied through common interests or outcomes or security concerns.
…without them the last barrage of drones and missiles would have been devistating.
I’m sure the propaganda goes both ways.
It would have been far more than 60 drones and missiles hitting their targets (yes, the real number was around 80% not 99%).
The numbers cited vary greatly depending on the source. I’ll agree with you there.
Does Israel do shit through proxies?
I do know that Iran acts out against Israel using Hamas & Islamic Jihad & Houthis & PLO & others…and this is off the top of my head. I’m sure I could google & come up with a much longer list I suppose.
I’m sure they’d have to.
Whom are Israel’s proxy’s?? I mean, I’m sure they would have to in order to compete with Iran in this shadow war that’s gone on for almost almost half a century, but off the top of my head, I can’t name any. Can you?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Let me word this differently.

Houthis & PLO & Hezbollah & Hamas and others like them aren’t countries, they’re militias or whatever separate from the nations they occupy, and not necessarily aligned with the governments in the nations they occupy.

The US & UK & Saudi Arabia & Jordan are countries. They are nations. Israel is a nation aligning with other nations.

Iran is a nation aligning with what many consider terrorist groups not aligned with any nation except Iran, but operating in nations other than Iran.

Maybe the above isn’t important, and maybe it is, but there is a difference. I’m grasping at the proper term, as the label escapes me, so I tried to Google it:
1713640892272.jpeg
…& I’m still not coming up with that proper label for these non-state militias that Iran funds and outfits, independent of Iran…for a correct label to use for them.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Let me word this differently.

Houthis & PLO & Hezbollah & Hamas and others like them aren’t countries, they’re militias or whatever separate from the nations they occupy, and not necessarily aligned with the governments in the nations they occupy.

The US & UK & Saudi Arabia & Jordan are countries. They are nations. Israel is a nation aligning with other nations.

Iran is a nation aligning with what many consider terrorist groups not aligned with any nation except Iran, but operating in nations other than Iran.

Maybe the above isn’t important, and maybe it is, but there is a difference. I’m grasping at the proper term, as the label escapes me, so I tried to Google it:
View attachment 21871
…& I’m still not coming up with that proper label for these non-state militias that Iran funds and outfits, independent of Iran…for a correct label to use for them.
Terrorist groups come to mind. Mercenaries maybe?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Terrorist groups come to mind. Mercenaries maybe?
Most of these groups are considered terrorists by many, but not all.

Mercenaries fight for $$$ independent of national…allegiance. I’m assuming some of the members of these groups are mercenaries but not all, or the groups themselves.

There’s got to be a term, like nation or country but not nation or country, for these groups that all would agree to. I just don’t know what that term is.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Most of these groups are considered terrorists by many, but not all.

Mercenaries fight for $$$ independent of national…allegiance. I’m assuming some of the members of these groups are mercenaries but not all, or the groups themselves.

There’s got to be a term, like nation or country but not nation or country, for these groups that all would agree to. I just don’t know what that term is.
The Iranian electrician I used to work with just called them all "The Crazies".

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Whom are Israel’s proxy’s?? I mean, I’m sure they would have to in order to compete with Iran in this shadow war that’s gone on for almost almost half a century, but off the top of my head, I can’t name any. Can you?
I already named 3.

noun
noun: proxy
the authority to represent someone else, especially in voting.
"they may register to vote by proxy"
a person authorized to act on behalf of another.
a document authorizing a person to vote on another's behalf.
a figure that can be used to represent the value of something in a calculation.
"the use of a US wealth measure as a proxy for the true worldwide measure"

Similar:

deputy

representative

substitute

delegate

agent

surrogate

stand-in

attorney

ambassador

emissary

go-between

envoy

frontman

factor

procurator

In political science, a proxy war is as an armed conflict fought between two belligerents, wherein one belligerent is a non-state actor supported by an external third-party power. In the term proxy war, the non-state actor is the proxy, yet both belligerents in a proxy war can be considered proxies if both are receiving foreign military aid from a third party country.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OK, in your definition, is Israel a proxy of the US or is the US a Proxy of Israel? Same with the UK and Saudi Arabia? Is Israel the proxy of Saudi Arabia or is Saudi Arabia the proxy of Israel?

Why are Israel’s “proxy’s” nations, where as Irans “proxy’s” non-nations? There’s a pattern here.

Who are Iran’s “proxy’s” that are nations?
Who are Israel’s “proxy’s” that aren’t nations?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Both both both and hired PMCs.

Lebanon and Syria were bombed. Both States.
Hezbollah are in and operating from Syria & Lebanon. Are the Syrian & Lebanese Governments Affiliated with Hezbollah?

Is Hezbollah a division of the Syrian or Lebanese military under the power and control of the government in power in either Lebanon or Syria?

Intentionally or not, I think we’re on two different sets of tracks here. Houthis & PLO & Hezbollah & Hamas and others like them aren’t countries, they’re militias or whatever separate from the nations they occupy, and not necessarily aligned with the governments in the nations they occupy…& potentially diametrically opposed to the government’s in the nations that they operate from.

If Hezbollah (funded & supplied by Iran) lob rockets and missiles from inside the national borders of Syria and Lebanon, not under the sanction or governance or control of the nations of Lebanon & Syria, does that mean that the states of Syria and Lebanon have declared war on Israel???
Is Ukraine a proxy war? Yes? No?
You tell me? Is it?

Anyway, without the tangent , if Hezbollah (not in the care & control of the governments of Syria & Lebanon) are lobbing rockets & missiles into Israel from Syria and Lebanon….how do you fight back against Hezbollah without fighting back at the territory that they operate from?

OK, hypothetically here, let’s say the Van Doos broke away from the Canadian Military & are sponsored by…Argentina or something…and Canada is too weak to fight back because we have both of our canoes and three of our military people over fighting against the Houthi’s…so the Van Doos can pretty much do whatever they want following their own agenda separate from the nation of Canada, & they decide that they don’t like those rat bastards in Michigan with their Michiganian ways doing Michiganian things that are an affront to the the Von Doosian philosophy and belief system…so they start committing border raids, terrorism, bombings, lobbing rockets & missiles into Michigan from technically Canadian territory.

Does that mean that American can’t fight back against the Van Doos ‘cuz that would be an act of war against Canada? Even if the Van Doos aren’t a part of the Canadian Military any longer and are operating outside the care and control of the actual Canadian government’s military? Na-na Na-boo-boo! Home free & you can’t touch me?

Or is it a matter of American saying if you can’t or won’t police your own backyard and govern yourself accordingly, then we’ll defend ourselves including Michigan and their bizarre Michiganian ways and the chips fall where they may…& we’ll try not to step on your general Canadian toes…but…?