Round 2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hear you, & though I don’t disagree, there’s got to be a term that all agree upon including the groups themselves you’d think, right?
Sounds kinda stuffy, but "non-state actors" seems pretty accurate. I'd call Hezbollocks and the Who-these "non-state actors affiliated with Iran."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hezbollah are in and operating from Syria & Lebanon. Are the Syrian & Lebanese Governments Affiliated with Hezbollah?

Is Hezbollah a division of the Syrian or Lebanese military under the power and control of the government in power in either Lebanon or Syria?
Heres the thing. You cant call Russo Ukrainian war a proxy war without calling this a proxy war.

At what point have Syria or Lebanon made an effort to separate themselves from IRCG or Hezbollah?

Is this less than or grater than?

1000014514.jpg

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Heres the thing. You cant call Russo Ukrainian war a proxy war without calling this a proxy war.

At what point have Syria or Lebanon made an effort to separate themselves from IRCG or Hezbollah?
Sounds like they (Syrian & Lebanese Gov’ts) affiliated with Hezbollah to fight against ISIS and Al-Quada, so not exactly separating themselves from Hezbollah.

Yet Iran seems to be calling the shots on Hezbollah even though they’re predominantly (Hezbollah, not Iran) based out’a Syria & Lebanon. Iran has allegedly removed senior Hezbollah and Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) from Syria.

IRGC and Hezbollah's mid-ranking officers are relocating from their original positions within the country to various undocumented locations, as reported by the Wall Street Journal citing Syrian security officials.
Perhaps this was the goal of Israel, removing the threat of the heads of Hezbollah during an ongoing conflict on a few other fronts (one less now currently I guess).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sounds like they (Syrian & Lebanese Gov’ts) affiliated with Hezbollah to fight against ISIS and Al-Quada, so not exactly separating themselves from Hezbollah.

Yet Iran seems to be calling the shots on Hezbollah even though they’re predominantly (Hezbollah, not Iran) based out’a Syria & Lebanon. Iran has allegedly removed senior Hezbollah and Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) from Syria.

IRGC and Hezbollah's mid-ranking officers are relocating from their original positions within the country to various undocumented locations, as reported by the Wall Street Journal citing Syrian security officials.
Perhaps this was the goal of Israel, removing the threat of the heads of Hezbollah during an ongoing conflict on a few other fronts (one less now currently I guess).
State sponsored then?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
By the Iranian State for sure, & it reads like not direct sponsorship from the Lebanese & Syrian Gov’t…but only because the actual governments are only similar or less powerful than Hezbollah, so grudgingly tolerated.
By that standard US UK and Saudis are proxies due to PMCs hired from those countries to work for Israel.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
By that standard US UK and Saudis are proxies due to PMCs hired from those countries to work for Israel.
Guess so. Is Israel supporting Saudi Arabia (or vise versa) militarily? Netanyahu was boasting at the UN General Assembly last year about a month before Oct 7th that a new partnership with Saudi Arabia was at hand, and that a new alliance of America, Israel, Saudi and other Arab states would confront Iran’s aggression, and Iran has been a pain in many arses regionally via its extended…family of terrorist buttholes…that are stirring things up in their neighbours backyards.
1713716158866.jpeg
1713716178490.jpegIn that light, did Iran, via Hamas, preemptively intervene to prevent an alliance (call it a “pre-proxy” potential future relationship) between Saudi Arabia & Israel? Something like that? That would be what Oct 7th was really about?

Iran acting out against Israel to prevent the neighbours from accepting its existence and welcoming it into the neighborhood watch and the normalization of its general relations in that chunk of real estate? The threat Iran perceives from the Abraham Accords where some of the neighbours recognize Israel’s existence as a thing that exists?

Stability in the region isn’t to Iran’s advantage regarding its own expansionist power goals for that area, and recognizing Israel by its neighbours isn’t advantageous to Iran. Is that what we’ve been seeing the last six months or so in the Middle East?
Nobody is innocent nationally.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Arab states purchased nearly a quarter of Israel's record $12.5bn in arms exports
Boom in trade with Abraham Accord countries comes as Israel's Elbit Systems says it will set up branches in Morocco...

Keyword Abraham Accord

Add in BRICS+

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Arab states purchased nearly a quarter of Israel's record $12.5bn in arms exports
Boom in trade with Abraham Accord countries comes as Israel's Elbit Systems says it will set up branches in Morocco...

Interestingly the above link is dated from:
Published date: 13 June 2023 22:30 BST

The lead up to October 7th 2023 and all the anti-Israel protests on & since then, with funding for the protests (hearts and minds?) leading back to Iran.
Keyword Abraham Accord
…The threat Iran perceives from the Abraham Accords where some of the neighbours recognize Israel’s existence as a thing that exists?
Yep. I made that connection also.
Add in BRICS+
I didn’t connect that myself. Interesting.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Guess so. Is Israel supporting Saudi Arabia (or vise versa) militarily? Netanyahu was boasting at the UN General Assembly last year about a month before Oct 7th that a new partnership with Saudi Arabia was at hand, and that a new alliance of America, Israel, Saudi and other Arab states would confront Iran’s aggression, and Iran has been a pain in many arses regionally via its extended…family of terrorist buttholes…that are stirring things up in their neighbours backyards.
View attachment 21879
View attachment 21880In that light, did Iran, via Hamas, preemptively intervene to prevent an alliance (call it a “pre-proxy” potential future relationship) between Saudi Arabia & Israel? Something like that? That would be what Oct 7th was really about?

Iran acting out against Israel to prevent the neighbours from accepting its existence and welcoming it into the neighborhood watch and the normalization of its general relations in that chunk of real estate? The threat Iran perceives from the Abraham Accords where some of the neighbours recognize Israel’s existence as a thing that exists?

Stability in the region isn’t to Iran’s advantage regarding its own expansionist power goals for that area, and recognizing Israel by its neighbours isn’t advantageous to Iran. Is that what we’ve been seeing the last six months or so in the Middle East?
Nobody is innocent nationally.
I think you may be on to something - Iran doesn't like the Abraham Accords which would make sense & could be the reason for the attack. It wouldn't surprise me. Hell, nothing surprises me anymore.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think you may be on to something - Iran doesn't like the Abraham Accords which would make sense & could be the reason for the attack. It wouldn't surprise me. Hell, nothing surprises me anymore.
I hear you, & I think I’m onto something here also but I don’t know what:
Houthis & PLO & Hezbollah & Hamas and others like them aren’t countries, they’re militias or whatever separate from the nations they occupy, and not necessarily aligned with the governments in the nations they occupy.
Vs
The US & UK & Saudi Arabia & Jordan are countries. They are nations. Israel is a nation aligning with other nations.
Maybe it’s a coincidence. Maybe it’s not.
Maybe the above isn’t important, and maybe it is, but there is a difference.
Nobody else seems to have acknowledged this, so maybe it is a pattern, but a pattern of irrelevance?

Why would it seem that Israel aligns with nations….whereas Iran aligns with non-state actors that occupy other nations? Maybe it’s not important but it does seem to be consistent.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Narrative switched to G7 Allies supporting Israel which caught my eye. I mentioned G7 Vs BRICS ages ago but I guess it was too soon.
Well, that includes us (Canada/Canadians with those three soldiers and both combat canoes) in the G7…
1713728182660.jpeg…with BRIC expanding to BRICS that would be the original four (Brazil, Russia, India, & China) to now also include:
-South Africa
-Iran
-UAE
-Egypt
-Ethiopia

Egypt being Israel’s southern neighbour and one of the mediators (with Qatar) for Hamas, Iran being a Funder of Hamas and much of the non-state ‘militias’ in the Middle East, & South Africa the most vocal lately at the UN against Israel.
1713728155309.jpeg

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The Abraham accord makes it impossible for the Arab world from being united against Israel, Iran needs to break the bond by using Palestinians as pawns once again to show gynecide against Israel to the UN

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Abraham accord makes it impossible for the Arab world from being united against Israel, Iran needs to break the bond by using Palestinians as pawns once again to show gynecide against Israel to the UN
The Abraham Accords? Kinda makes a body wonder why the Arab world couldn't unite, against Israel or any other way, for 7000 years before the Trump Accords.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Abraham Accords? Kinda makes a body wonder why the Arab world couldn't unite, against Israel or any other way, for 7000 years before the Trump Accords.
Because there was never a Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud willing to create order in the ME and above table relationships with Western and Asian nations.

Any other questions?