Kelly Ellard

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm within a hair's width of agreeing with you. I've only one reservation. As I've said all along, back in the day there was likely a little girl who laughed and smiled and cried and hurt and who knows for sure there wasn't some trauma that derailed that?

That child is now a full grown unrepentant woman who has never admitted her guilt and has been involved in several serious and violent incidents over the years. I seriously doubt that she will ever be rehabilitated, JLM. I believe she will always be a threat to those around her and should spend the rest of her life safely locked behind bars.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Actually, I have always thought that girls were way worse than the guys. Like Christ, if you didn't wear tons of blue eye shadow and skin tight jeans, they'd beat on you. Should have been the other way around, but what do I know?

The one picture I saw of this Kelly person, she just looked freakin mean. To the bone mean.

Ahhhh... 2005. So long ago.

Although this forum member is long gone saying such things would not be PC at all today. Reeducation would be needed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That child is now a full grown unrepentant woman who has never admitted her guilt and has been involved in several serious and violent incidents over the years. I seriously doubt that she will ever be rehabilitated, JLM. I believe she will always be a threat to those around her and should spend the rest of her life safely locked behind bars.

I don't disagree! I just think we have to keep trying.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Being a fairly broad minded guy, my opinions can be fluid, especially when new information comes to light. Nothing worse than some dogmatic old geezer who keeps repeating the same opinion he held in 1952. :)

That would be interesting to have opinions from when one is not even a twinkle in his parent's eyes yet.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
That child is now a full grown unrepentant woman who has never admitted her guilt and has been involved in several serious and violent incidents over the years.
This is important and part of the story that's little known.
I seriously doubt that she will ever be rehabilitated....I believe she will always be a threat to those around her and should spend the rest of her life safely locked behind bars.
Agreed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm within a hair's width of agreeing with you. I've only one reservation. As I've said all along, back in the day there was likely a little girl who laughed and smiled and cried and hurt and who knows for sure there wasn't some trauma that derailed that?
And ya know what? If that were the case, I could almost squeeze out some sympathy for her if she had just killed Reena. But she didn't. She took great pleasure in torturing her before killing her and from what I've been able to tell, she's never shown any remorse for it.. That's beyond psychopathic or sociopathic, it's just plain evil.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ellard denied day parole. She did admit, for the first time, that Reena would still be alive had she not participated in swarming and drowning her. Then she followed that up by telling the parole board that "enough is enough". She said she has nothing more to get out of the prison system and needs to be released so she can get help for a 'substance- abuse' issues she developed in prison after getting her hands on some crystal meth. I thank the parole board for their wisdom in this decision.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ellard denied day parole. She did admit, for the first time, that Reena would still be alive had she not participated in swarming and drowning her. Then she followed that up by telling the parole board that "enough is enough". She said she has nothing more to get out of the prison system and needs to be released so she can get help for a 'substance- abuse' issues she developed in prison after getting her hands on some crystal meth. I thank the parole board for their wisdom in this decision.

Amen!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"The parole board said it had a number of concerns about the potential release of Ms. Ellard. It said the level of responsibility Ms. Ellard was accepting was still below what she was convicted of. Her trial heard she held Reena's head underwater.

The board also concluded she could not be managed safely in the community yet.

In her final comments to the board, Ellard expressed a desire to move on with her life using the phrase “enough is enough.”

“The parole board interpreted that as her showing a sense of entitlement, and I guess they felt perhaps that a humbler attitude was more appropriate given the circumstances,” said parole board spokesman Patrick Storey.

He said that while Ellard has made some “positive changes in her life and in her behaviour,” it wasn’t enough.

“It was their impression that she still seems to be minimizing certain aspects of the offence, and many of the changes she has made so far are recent,” Storey said.

The board said while she’s accepting more responsibility in Virk’s death, Ellard is still not admitting to what she was convicted of.

She’ll now return to her life sentence in prison and can apply for day parole again in a year."

Kelly Ellard denied day parole nearly two decades after Reena Virk murder | CTV Vancouver Island News

I highly doubt that in a year's time this murderess will have had an attitude change so we just may be re-visiting this topic next year as she appears to believe she is entitled to release.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe a year in the hole might change her attitude! Real bitch if there ever was one. Imagine blaming the prison for her drug addiction! F**king manipulator!

Yes, it's a real shame. It's really too bad she didn't consider this when she dunked the other girls head under water and held it there until she was dead. Piss poor planning.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, it's a real shame. It's really too bad she didn't consider this when she dunked the other girls head under water and held it there until she was dead. Piss poor planning.

I'd even go one step further! NO planning! :)

I suppose even if she did get out of the joint very few people would be willing to hire her. If there was a situation where she was allowed out of the joint for 40 hours a week to perform a job, she could at least pay for her keep and possibly repay some past expenses so the taxpayer could get a break for a change. I wonder if it would cost almost as much to monitor her as she would earn!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wonder what made her like she was? Was she abused early on? She was not an unattractive girl. I've always wondered what happened to turn her into the monster that she is.

Yep, that thought still haunts me to this day. Are there some people who are just born innately evil? Willy Pickton and Karla Homolka certainly give credence to that theory. Maybe that is reason enough for the death penalty!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'd even go one step further! NO planning! :)

I suppose even if she did get out of the joint very few people would be willing to hire her. If there was a situation where she was allowed out of the joint for 40 hours a week to perform a job, she could at least pay for her keep and possibly repay some past expenses so the taxpayer could get a break for a change. I wonder if it would cost almost as much to monitor her as she would earn!

It would be against her "rights and freedoms" to have to pay back anything she earned. You should know that.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Maybe a year in the hole might change her attitude! Real bitch if there ever was one. Imagine blaming the prison for her drug addiction! F**king manipulator!

She's had something like 14 years to admit her guilt and get help while in prison, I highly doubt another year will make a difference. As the parole board pointed out, any changes in her attitude have been quite recent which tells me that she was doing it solely for the reason of applying for day parole which, if such is the case, means she hasn't changed one iota.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She's had something like 14 years to admit her guilt and get help while in prison, I highly doubt another year will make a difference. As the parole board pointed out, any changes in her attitude have been quite recent which tells me that she was doing it solely for the reason of applying for day parole which, if such is the case, means she hasn't changed one iota.

Yep, she's a chronic manipulator!

It would be against her "rights and freedoms" to have to pay back anything she earned. You should know that.

Is she so bloody brain dead as not to realize she has accrued a huge debt both monetary and morally?