Netflix's Cleopatra is Absolute Trash.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Former NHL Hockey players are Senators here in Ottawa.

The resumes for the job of many in the Upper Chamber are pretty thin.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Interesting. You're delighted that Cleopatra is not being portrayed by a Black actress, and totally OK with the fact that she's being portrayed by a Jewish actress.

So, can we conclude that it's OK for Ashkenazi Jews to play Macedonian Greeks, but not Africans?

*was thinking the same thing....*

Interesting; the idea of Cleo being "Black" goes back to the 19th century, so none of this is actually "new".

I wonder if people shouldn't be also freaking out over the fact that not only was Cleo not "Black", but she also wasn't Egyptian either. But skin color matters more I guess than the full authenticity.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I've stated this before...

How come when someone identifies has a different gender, everything is tickety-boo.

But as soon as someone identifies as an indigenous person, everyone strips off their clothing and run screaming into the streets drinking their own pee!

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Any former hockey players?
Frank Mahovlich. Jacques Demers.
*was thinking the same thing....*

Interesting; the idea of Cleo being "Black" goes back to the 19th century, so none of this is actually "new".

I wonder if people shouldn't be also freaking out over the fact that not only was Cleo not "Black", but she also wasn't Egyptian either. But skin color matters more I guess than the full authenticity.
Cleopatra could’ve been anything from Greek to Nubian. Pic a shade between Caucasian and not-Caucasian & away we go. Not sure why many are getting bent out of shape over this, but to each their own.

Pretty sure the Wild Wild West TV show lead character ‘James West’ was white, but in the movie about 20 years ago, he was black.

Pretty sure the Bear from the John West Salmon commercials was a guy in a suit, but they were still pretty funny, and the Bears aren’t protesting that.

Charlton Heston played Moses, Morgan Freeman played Red in the Shawshank Redemption movie (it’s a bit different than the book character of Red), & weren’t all Shakespearean actors males at one point portraying both men and women?

I’m probably not gonna watch this Cleo movie on Netflix….But not because Cleopatra’s black, but because I like my movies raunchy with more gun, fights and car chases that are generally found in ancient Egypt.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I’m probably not gonna watch this Cleo movie on Netflix….But not because Cleopatra’s black, but because I like my movies raunchy with more gun, fights and car chases that are generally found in ancient Egypt.

How do we know they didn't have gun fights and car chases? If we can look back and change history let's make it interesting.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Cleopatra could’ve been anything from Greek to Nubian. Pic a shade between Caucasian and not-Caucasian & away we go. Not sure why many are getting bent out of shape over this, but to each their own.

Pretty sure the Wild Wild West TV show lead character ‘James West’ was white, but in the movie about 20 years ago, he was black.

Pretty sure the Bear from the John West Salmon commercials was a guy in a suit, but they were still pretty funny, and the Bears aren’t protesting that.

Charlton Heston played Moses, Morgan Freeman played Red in the Shawshank Redemption movie (it’s a bit different than the book character of Red), & weren’t all Shakespearean actors males at one point portraying both men and women?

Obviously Cleopatra was Latina.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I've stated this before...

How come when someone identifies has a different gender, everything is tickety-boo.

But as soon as someone identifies as an indigenous person, everyone strips off their clothing and run screaming into the streets drinking their own pee!

Cause you're an idiot that doesn't understand the two aren't the same?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

The hang up is that this is being touted as a 'Docu'whatever. So people hear that and think "Truth".

Honestly considering the backing, I saw this and thought "agenda".

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The hang up is that this is being touted as a 'Docu'whatever. So people hear that and think "Truth".

Honestly considering the backing, I saw this and thought "agenda".
There’s documentaries about Sasquatch and UFOs and Atlantis and Elvis. I’m not sure how accurate any of them are, especially the ones about Sasquatch being the bastard love child between Aliens from Atlantis & Elvis. I think I’ve got that straight?

Maybe Elvis is the bastard love child between Sasquatch from Atlantis and aliens? Maybe aliens are the bastard love child between Sasquatch and Elvis and the honeymoon was in Atlantis? Anyway, not all documentaries are completely accurate.

What if they advertised this “Cleo” as a mockumentary? Would that chill everybody out?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Serryah, I know you are completely smitten with me and you are falling in love with my every post. It's not your fault...I have this effect on most women.🤩

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Hmm...

Perhaps I can reverse this unrequited love with a poem to Serryah.

Oh, Serryah
I love you more than pizza
Isn't that kinda neat-za?
I'd like to take you to a diner
Cause you're a brighter constellation
Than Ursa Minor.
So take my hand, cure this loss
We'll go to the Dollar Store
And buy some Hugo Boss.

Be my Queen and I'll be your King
We'll go out with Ellanjay for
Some almond guy ding!