Netflix's Cleopatra is Absolute Trash.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yo, Jin!

Would you be upset if Jennifer Lopez played Cleopatra?

How about Irene Bedard?

Ingrid Bergman?

Lucy Liu?

Brad Pitt? (Hey, it was good enough for Shakespeare. . .)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But let's go with the notion that Pharaonic Egypt was 100% Black for it's entire history. Pharaonic Egypt engaged in colonialism, imperialism and slavery. So in that regard I have to ask, when are Black people going to pay reparations for that?
Has anyone asked you to pay reparations?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
About the same as the purpose of whitewashing.

Fact is, we don't know what race or racial mix Cleopatra was.

As far as Jin's claim of the artifacts that portray her, yeah, they were photographically accurate.
Same purpose whitewashing in film? Which is what? What message were they sending casting John Wayne as Chenghis Khan? Was John Wayne cast in that role by Hollywood Slavic Ashkenazi Jews to deliberately give Monigols a break and shift the blame of savage raids on their homeland and ancestors to Western European Jews?

The Ptolemaic dynasty, sometimes referred to as the Lagid dynasty, was a Macedonian Greek royal dynasty which ruled the Ptolemaic Kingdom in Ancient Egypt during the Hellenistic period. Their rule lasted for 275 years, from 305 to 30 BC. The Ptolemaic was the last dynasty of ancient Egypt.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Same purpose whitewashing in film? Which is what? What message were they sending casting John Wayne as Chenghis Khan? Was John Wayne cast in that role by Hollywood Slavic Ashkenazi Jews to deliberately give Monigols a break and shift the blame of savage raids on their homeland and ancestors to Western European Jews?
To keep America White.

Nice argument by anecdote. Any other fallacies you want to use today?

How about this one? LeBron James has an estimated net worth of $US 600,000,000. This proves Black Americans are much richer than White Americans!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'd say you two should get a room, but in T-Bone's case maybe get a tee-pee. Or in Petros's case...perhaps a rubber room.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Q: What happened to the indigenous lady who drank too much tea?

A: She drowned in her own Tea-Pee.

I told this joke on my mental heath forum. The joke was deleted...I was scolded for being racist and suspended from posting for 3 days. I mean, is anything funny anymore??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To keep America White.

Nice argument by anecdote. Any other fallacies you want to use today?

How about this one? LeBron James has an estimated net worth of $US 600,000,000. This proves Black Americans are much richer than White Americans!
Oh good. You've caught on to how ridiculous your shit gets.

Now try for a reality based reason the race of Cleo needs to be changed for American black people. I'm going to go out on limb and say sub-Saharan Africans people think a black Cleo is ridiculous too.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
There's no 'old money' in the black community.

Many American power politicians come from old money. Blacks are over-represented in the penal system out of desperation in many cases creating the illusion that they are simply more bad-ass than whites.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh good. You've caught on to how ridiculous your shit gets.

Now try for a reality based reason the race of Cleo needs to be changed for American black people. I'm going to go out on limb and say sub-Saharan Africans people think a black Cleo is ridiculous too.
I wasn't the one arguing by anecdote. You were.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So true. Simply a slack, plum patronage position for long-time party bagmen for the most part.
Took me a while to get my head around that. Basically it's the House of Lords, only they don't have to be descended from somebody who kicked serious ass or loaned the king money 500 years back.

The Word of the Day is "sinecure."

Reactions: Hoof Hearted