Canada needs to boost home building by 50 per cent to keep up with immigration, report says

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I can solve this crisis in an instant and cut building costs by 1/3 with buyers and co-op renters able to have the opportunity for 1/3 sweat equity. Im talking a 3 week completion with just two people assemble in to a turn key house or multiplex. I also like to ad that with this building system they are as green as green can be in energy efficiency 100% sustainable. We just need to do it. There are no excuses.

$26 a square foot....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I can solve this crisis in an instant and cut building costs by 1/3 with buyers and co-op renters able to have the opportunity for 1/3 sweat equity. Im talking a 3 week completion with just two people assemble in to a turn key house or multiplex. I also like to ad that with this building system they are as green as green can be in energy efficiency 100% sustainable. We just need to do it. There are no excuses.

$26 a square foot....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

736 sqft. All appliances, plumbing, electric windows doors cabinets and fixtures included

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Urban density infill? How many of these can you put? Sideways on a 25’x125’ lot? With no windows facing into their already existing neighbours windows, etc…?

I’m not knocking these log cabin looking things because they’re pretty cool, & I really like the metal roof with the idea of longevity.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Urban density infill? How many of these can you put? Sideways on a 25’x125’ lot? With no windows facing into their already existing neighbours windows, etc…?

I’m not knocking these log cabin looking things because they’re pretty cool, & I really like the metal roof with the idea of longevity.
2 easy on a 60x100 heritage area lot..maybe 3 if no driveway.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
We looked into kits for a recreational property we owned a few years ago. Kits made on Vancouver Island start at about $30 000. That is basically to lockup. No insulation, electrical, plumbing etc. That is on screw piles, not foundation. Experience with pine log home kits shows they are not suitable for coastal applications, but appear to be fine in dryer climates.
In any event, cutting immigration is the real and most cost effective solution to a politically invented problem.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We looked into kits for a recreational property we owned a few years ago. Kits made on Vancouver Island start at about $30 000. That is basically to lockup. No insulation, electrical, plumbing etc. That is on screw piles, not foundation. Experience with pine log home kits shows they are not suitable for coastal applications, but appear to be fine in dryer climates.
In any event, cutting immigration is the real and most cost effective solution to a politically invented problem.
You dont think the stupidity of 2100 sq ft with attached heated garage on a 200X100 lot for two people and 3 dogs isnt an issue?

Kit interlocking log homes can be made from better than spruce or pine if you feel rot or wood density is an issue. Dougie hemlock or cedar is just peachy. Besides, there are wood treatments that work great.

Last edited: