“Wokeness” in Canada and elsewhere…

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Somebody update me. Are we hating True Dope, or hating trans people?

Or both?
If it weren't about trans men, it would only be required in women's washrooms.
I can't believe that this is a point of discussion in Canada.
In all honesty, this isn’t about women but about trans-women, right? If it was about women, it would’ve happened in 2015-ish?

On that note, to provide these “free” products into every washroom for every industry everywhere under federal regulations… wouldn’t it be simpler and cheaper to just give trans-woman some kind of tax credit that could be tagged onto the GST just like all these other giveaways with their fancy names like rebate or affordability rebate or whatever, but it’s really just GST still?

Somebody would just have to check a box on tax form and they get the rebate, depending on how they self identify??
Well, it’s in the “New York Post”, view from the outside looking in now:
1703833423682.jpeg
News of the policy change spread last week after former Canadian Conservative Sen. Linda Frum posted a photo of a basket offering free pads and tampons inside a men’s bathroom for transgender members of Parliament — setting off a firestorm online.

“Back in the day, when only women menstruated, we had to pay for our own products. But now that men menstruate too, these products, as of this week, are mandated to be free in all men’s washrooms in all federal workplaces, including Parliament Hill — where this photo was taken today,” Frum posted on X.
Wrong. There's nothing that indicates this is about trans men or trans women at all but about something that should have happened a long time ago.
1703834136740.jpeg
Considering taxes on hygiene products for women is a 'recent' removal, I'd say it's a jump to blame it on trans people.
An anonymous account called @HOCstaffer (for the House of Commons) later confirmed the report.

“They’re also going to build dispensers for all the tampons which won’t be used since 1) men don’t menstruate and 2) they are just going to bring them home to their wives for free,” the anonymous account argued.
If it were about trans people; well, see above.
“Unrestricted access to menstrual products better protects menstruating employees and makes sure that they feel safe to use the toilet room that best reflects their gender.”
You do realize how much the cries of "it's expensive!" are when it comes to any sort of tax adjustments/reforms to the forms, right?
It is up to each employer to find the funding necessary to purchase these products and disposal containers.
You're making it into something it's not.
Efforts to encourage the Canadian government to add menstrual products to men’s bathrooms (for free?) began in 2020 when Rachel Ettinger, the founder of Here for Her — a campaign focused on health education — petitioned her local representative.

She added that limiting menstrual products to only women’s bathrooms would force all transgender men to use that washroom.
It's about time.

End of.
“You can’t provide a truly inclusive space for your employees without providing menstrual products,” she told CBC. Etc…

Attachments

• 1703834023048.jpeg
    1703834023048.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: petros and Serryah

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
View attachment 20768
So basically the people that make things happen and pay the taxes to support all the ones that can't or won't work.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
View attachment 20768
Racists gotta race?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From the outside looking in, at Canada’s De-Mining (removing landmines I believe) policy attached to funding to the Ukraine. Welcome to the tactically absurd Trudeau hippy spin on the deadly serious and sadly often tragic, business of military demining:
Surely, it’s (pardon the pun) high time to significantly lower the THC content of whatever they are smoking now in the offices of the executive branch of government, at least he’s not pushing his climate policy this time, but a different pet project.

Nonetheless, for the sake of fairness and fact-checking, I tried to locate some mention of “gender inclusive demining” and “gender-transformative mine action” in various Canadian National Defence, NATO, and American military websites to no avail. Should the above terms exist somewhere in the NATO operational planning process, it certainly doesn’t seem to be much of a priority.
A relatively minor item in an announcement from the Prime Minister’s Office regarding funding for “gender-transformative mine action” in the war in Ukraine has raised eyebrows on social media.

One of these, listed as “Gender-inclusive demining for sustainable futures in Ukraine,” has a funding budget of $4 million. Canada’s announcement does seem to be somewhat fixated on gender issues, with the word “gender” appearing seven times in the press release, including a mention of “gender responsiveness” in funding for resilient food systems; fighting gender disparity in Ukrainian media; and “gender-responsive” community priorities in reconstruction efforts.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
From the outside looking in, at Canada’s De-Mining (removing landmines I believe) policy attached to funding to the Ukraine. Welcome to the tactically absurd Trudeau hippy spin on the deadly serious and sadly often tragic, business of military demining:
Surely, it’s (pardon the pun) high time to significantly lower the THC content of whatever they are smoking now in the offices of the executive branch of government, at least he’s not pushing his climate policy this time, but a different pet project.

Nonetheless, for the sake of fairness and fact-checking, I tried to locate some mention of “gender inclusive demining” and “gender-transformative mine action” in various Canadian National Defence, NATO, and American military websites to no avail. Should the above terms exist somewhere in the NATO operational planning process, it certainly doesn’t seem to be much of a priority.
A relatively minor item in an announcement from the Prime Minister’s Office regarding funding for “gender-transformative mine action” in the war in Ukraine has raised eyebrows on social media.

One of these, listed as “Gender-inclusive demining for sustainable futures in Ukraine,” has a funding budget of $4 million. Canada’s announcement does seem to be somewhat fixated on gender issues, with the word “gender” appearing seven times in the press release, including a mention of “gender responsiveness” in funding for resilient food systems; fighting gender disparity in Ukrainian media; and “gender-responsive” community priorities in reconstruction efforts.
That must be where and what we are training them in .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Only biological men can have their balls blown off by a landmine.

Its time for trans men to step up and shine.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
After two years of fighting, the Russians, I’m assuming there’s gonna be a shortage of men, so, of course, women are going to have to step into a non-traditional roles in the Ukraine…but does Trudeau have to flex his whatever (?) to posture on aid to push his gender/whatever at them? Seriously?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Trudeau is a joke!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
After two years of fighting, the Russians, I’m assuming there’s gonna be a shortage of men, so, of course, women are going to have to step into a non-traditional roles in the Ukraine…but does Trudeau have to flex his whatever (?) to posture on aid to push his gender/whatever at them? Seriously?
Sniper teams in the UAF are predominately female.

Reactions: Ron in Regina