2024 CFL Season

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Throwing it out there assuming Jeremy O'Day is reading.

Landon Rice is an established RT that would be a nice addition to his O line. Phillip Blake can play LT and have an all National O line which allows 3 import LBs.

Push Bane out to boundary WR and incorporate Mario Alford more into the lineup. Fill the holes in the secondary but stick with Ford as the safety.

It will still be a hope and a prayer but if the team can stay healthy they could win some games.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Another nightmare off season for the CFL players. Re-neg or be released.

Prime example of the state of human rights you don't have to go to a museum to see. Year after year it is the same thing. It's like being witness to a horrific relationship. Say something and you are done just as quickly. Makes me think there is some wording in the players contract about suing the league.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Another nightmare off season for the CFL players. Re-neg or be released.

Prime example of the state of human rights you don't have to go to a museum to see. Year after year it is the same thing. It's like being witness to a horrific relationship. Say something and you are done just as quickly. Makes me think there is some wording in the players contract about suing the league.
Contextualize your thoughts.

You lost me.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Contextualize your thoughts.

You lost me.

Mostly complaining about teams not recognizing the second year of the two year deals they signed and forcing players to re-negotiate or be released. Fairly long list this year.

Bottom line it contributes to poor management getting free passes to try again when they should be held accountable for past performance. Most concerned for the community owned franchises that seem to have strayed from original objectives. Executive suite seems to be the main priority which will be the eventual downfall.

Big overpay on Jermarcus Hardrick today. $110,000 salary + $120,000 bonus paying $45,000 in tax with a net pay of $185,000. A Canadian would pay $77,000 and take home $153,000. An equivalent income without the tax loophole is $300,000 for a Canadian to whom the loophole does not apply.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Mostly complaining about teams not recognizing the second year of the two year deals they signed and forcing players to re-negotiate or be released. Fairly long list this year.

Bottom line it contributes to poor management getting free passes to try again when they should be held accountable for past performance. Most concerned for the community owned franchises that seem to have strayed from original objectives. Executive suite seems to be the main priority which will be the eventual downfall.

Big overpay on Jermarcus Hardrick today. $110,000 salary + $120,000 bonus paying $45,000 in tax with a net pay of $185,000. A Canadian would pay $77,000 and take home $153,000. An equivalent income without the tax loophole is $300,000 for a Canadian to whom the loophole does not apply.
Paid in CAD or USD?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Paid in CAD or USD?
Don't hear much about CFL players being paid in U.S. funds but would not be surprised. Outside of the salary management system who knows.

Perfect example is Hardrick coming off a $140,000 deal in Winnipeg. Given the market price the Riders paid it seems a little low. I don't buy that he was playing for that much less.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Now he is up to 131. I'm going to need your help Petros.

Ridermania back on for now. Pretty sure they bring back Micah Johnson. Still have not re-signed Pete Robertson so maybe in on a free agent there. Missing A.C. Leonard IMO.

Calgary made a nice addition with Matthew Shiltz. Don't count the Stamps out.

Bombers are imploding. Rats abandoning ship fast.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Ridermania back on for now. Pretty sure they bring back Micah Johnson. Still have not re-signed Pete Robertson so maybe in on a free agent there. Missing A.C. Leonard IMO.

Bombers cant afford to try to buy and lose a Grey Cup a second time.

Hardrick was a former Rider.

We also signed Oulette who is star material after his season with the Dirty Birds. Could be an interesting year.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Bombers cant afford to try to buy and lose a Grey Cup a second time.

Hardrick was a former Rider.

We also signed Oulette who is star material after his season with the Dirty Birds. Could be an interesting year.
You'll need to be the first on your block with an Ouellette wig. He wrestles as well.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I wouldn’t be first. There is no doubt that a street hooker will beat me by months.

Welcome to downtown Riderville.
In 1995 myself and two buddies signed up with the home stay program for the GC and ended up with a retired lady living on Queen St. The Jolly Roger was headquarters for the weekend. We had a blast. She was expecting us when we showed back up in 2003 and had another great time. Walking distance to everywhere back then.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In 1995 myself and two buddies signed up with the home stay program for the GC and ended up with a retired lady living on Queen St. The Jolly Roger was headquarters for the weekend. We had a blast. She was expecting us when we showed back up in 2003 and had another great time. Walking distance to everywhere back then.
The same people are still sitting in the Jolly selling pills, crack and meth. It never changes

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

It'll be interesting if Pete is even a concern for the Riders unless at a good price

Riders Sign DE Malik Carney

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
East will be a tough division this year. The balanced schedule will be less impactful on overall standings when every game is not a 4 point game.

FWIW Argos are doing well in Free Agency letting some of their higher priced guys go and infilling with less expensive alternatives. Case in point signing Kadeem Carey for $125,000 while A.J. Ouellette gets $160,000 to play in Sask. Big addition today re-signing Shawn Oakman.

Liking what Calgary has done in the west so far. Dave Dickenson has to know the heat is on with a new President coming in. Will be interesting to see if they give Matt Shiltz a chance to start. Solid addition to their run game with Jamal Morrow who will push Dedrick Mills for playing time imo.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Winnipeg could do worse than to sign Almondo Sewell if rumours are true he has no takers. Also should have signed Chris Edwards but instead re-signed Shane Gauthier. The only thing they have left is the officiating and schedule.

Predicting now that the 2025 Grey Cup in Winnipeg will be far from sold out, similar to Regina in 2022.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Nice addition to the O line by the Riders signing Ryan Sceviour. Only 28. No doubt he did not come cheap.

Will be interesting to see how Calgary fills the hole.

Reactions: petros