Trudeaus really pissed off...

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is deeply concerned about Bell Media firing 4800 workers, including hundreds of journalists, in their latest round of layoffs and wishes someone would do something about the rampant unchecked greed of Canadian corporations.

“I’m pretty pissed off about what’s just happened,” Trudeau said during a press conference on Friday. “The hollowing out of local journalism in Canada is profoundly disturbing and I can’t understand why no one is stopping this.”

Trudeau, who has been the head of Canada’s government for almost a decade, made his disgust at the inaction of those in positions of power to save Canadian journalism very clear, going so far as to call the decision made by Bell, which receives $40 million in annual regulatory relief due to a law the Liberals updated last year and will receive $30 million more due to the Online News Act the Liberals passed in December, garbage.

Pascale St-Onge…that name sounds familiar…Without the government taking steps to ensure Canadian broadcasters can buy popular foreign TV content, the Canadian broadcasting system won’t survive, Bell told the Liberal government in March.

“Canada’s broadcasting system will not survive without new legislative and regulatory rules that ensure Canadian broadcasters have access to popular foreign content,” Bell said in the letter.

“We need access to content to generate revenues, which in turn allows us to fund and promote Canadian storytelling and produce original news and information programming in communities across the country from a Canadian perspective.”

The government chose not to include the company’s suggestions in the draft policy direction. A spokesperson for Heritage Minister Pascale St-Onge said “we reviewed carefully the many proposals brought forward throughout this process,” and that the final policy direction would be released “soon.”
Does anyone else taste throw up in their mouth after reading this?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
When you're the big dawg, that happens. About the best thing I can say on the subject of U.S. business laws and ethics is that they're better than most.

Kinda like Burger King is better than McDs.
Not up here. Burger King is gross. Come to think of it, so is McDs. I guess BK could be a tad less gross than McDs.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
A&W and Carl's Jr float my boat.
Can't do A&W. I used to love them, but they murder their meat with seasoning salt. I think I ate at a Carl Jr's, are they ones that put a fried egg on a burger? I loved eating Poutine after getting suitably stoned on a Sativa. But these days I gotta be careful what I eat. So, I just get stoned.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can't do A&W. I used to love them, but they murder their meat with seasoning salt. I think I ate at a Carl Jr's, are they ones that put a fried egg on a burger? I loved eating Poutine after getting suitably stoned on a Sativa. But these days I gotta be careful what I eat. So, I just get stoned.
You have heartburn issues? A&W will definitely set that off. No egg on Carl's.

Baconator...now there’s a burger.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You have heartburn issues? A&W will definitely set that off. No egg on Carl's.

Baconator...now there’s a burger.
Nothing beats a real beef burger over real charcoal.

Yes, I have acid reflux, been on medication for at least 25 years. My problem with A&W is I ate too much of it. On the prairies, A&W is most accessible by truck.