The prime minister is a...

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Sorry about taking you from 0 to 60 (100 km) so fast, this early in the morning. But hey, I'm sure it's good for you. Builds strong bones n' teeth or something.

Seriously, could you PM me your nom de plume? I'd like to buy one of your books.
I'm not sure how to DM. Is that the envelope?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yellow dye #5 make so many on whiskey wanna fight? I’ve had high test whiskey with no colouring whatsoever…with similar results in my youth. 😁 Bush boat gas about 190 proof I was told. Back in the day it was cheap at five 40’s for 100 bucks…
It's from the barrel. Tannins. Canadian whiskey is just vodka that was in a barrel.

I have zero issues with vodka but tartrazine (barrel booze, red wine or artificially coloured coolers) fucks me right up.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's from the barrel. Tannins. Canadian whiskey is just vodka that was in a barrel.

I have zero issues with vodka but tartrazine (barrel booze, red wine or artificially coloured coolers) fucks me right up.
Red wine the last few years kicks Lisa’s arse (in the hangover department) but white wine doesn’t seem to? Is her complaint from the same department?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Red wine the last few years kicks Lisa’s arse (in the hangover department) but white wine doesn’t seem to? Is her complaint from the same department?
What does she like? Sweet? Dry? Light? Heavy?

Look into the variations of the German (or Canadian) Rieslings. . . Kabinett, Auslese, and Spatlese. Should find something pleasant that don't pack quite the ass-kicking.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
What does she like? Sweet? Dry? Light? Heavy?

Look into the variations of the German (or Canadian) Rieslings. . . Kabinett, Auslese, and Spatlese. Should find something pleasant that don't pack quite the ass-kicking.
While red wine is supposed to be "better" for you, I can't drink the stuff . I have no issue with white wine either. I prefer "medium" - not too sweet but not too dry either.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
To each their own. I’m not a big fan of beer, & I probably have about six per year just to be sociably polite, and the same volume of wine approximately… for the same reason.

I’d rather drink tequila. Most people can’t or won’t or don’t like it or have had bad experiences, etc…but to each their own.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
To each their own. I’m not a big fan of beer, & I probably have about six per year just to be sociably polite, and the same volume of wine approximately… for the same reason.

I’d rather drink tequila. Most people can’t or won’t or don’t like it or have had bad experiences, etc…but to each their own.
For me it's Gin! UGH!!

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The nastiest shit that doesn’t wanna go down my throat even….I tried on an airplane (bought my way into discount first class with free alcohol upgrade for $40 when already in the air) and that was this Hennessy XO and it was foul. Beyond nasty….but I was damn well going to get my 40 bucks out of this!! 😳

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The nastiest shit that doesn’t wanna go down my throat even….I tried on an airplane (bought my way into discount first class with free alcohol upgrade for $40 when already in the air) and that was this Hennessy XO and it was foul. Beyond nasty….but I was damn well going to get my 40 bucks out of this!! 😳
Cognac is boat gas.