Islam is the only religion dragging humanity backwards

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Have you considered the possibility, asshopper, that it is not Islam, but rather Arab culture, that is the problem?

There's evidence that they were assholes long before Muhammad started trippin'.
Why the name-calling? You're profiling me, man, and maybe doing cultural appropriation, but I'm not 100% sure, I need to check the Trudeau Manual. LOL

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
How bout them Catholics?

What 'bout them?

The extremist types - say, a la Benny Pope - were trash people, kind'a like extremists of any other religion.

A lot of their beliefs are equal to Islamic ones, and Orthodox Jewish ones.

And some people who practice don't feel the same way.

And now Pope Frankie is changing things, well supposedly.

Good on him.

Not quick enough.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's a generalization.
No, it isn't. It's an observation that many people who criticize Islam, or Muslims, skip straight to "and that's why we should categorically ban Muslims from Canada (or the U.S.)."

Acknowledging and objecting to that is neither a criticism of you, nor placing you in that group.

Have no fear, if you do or say something I object to, you'll hear about it, and there will be no doubt that I'm speaking to/of you personally.

Just ain't happened yet.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
No, it isn't. It's an observation that many people who criticize Islam, or Muslims, skip straight to "and that's why we should categorically ban Muslims from Canada (or the U.S.)."

Acknowledging and objecting to that is neither a criticism of you, nor placing you in that group.

Have no fear, if you do or say something I object to, you'll hear about it, and there will be no doubt that I'm speaking to/of you personally.

Just ain't happened yet.
Fuck it. Let's be friends. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 55Mercury

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Have you considered the possibility, asshopper, that it is not Islam, but rather Arab culture, that is the problem?

There's evidence that they were assholes long before Muhammad started trippin'.
I see them as one and the same. Or perhaps more correctly, Arab culture is the problem and Islam is the vehicle with which the carnage is spread.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You see racism in anyone in this thread because you don't agree and would rather deflect.

Well, that's not actually true. I said it *SEEMS* racist. And it does, because you are blaming ALL of one religion for "dragging humanity backwards".

Maybe bigoted was the better word.

At least in this case.
But you're wrong.

So bit of both.

And they describe this thread, so...

Maybe you should change your topic if you don't want it to come across as racist or bigoted.

Or, question - are you limiting the Islam just to Arabs in the ME, or ALL those who practice Islam? Might help if you clarified who you meant by Islam. Or would clarifying ruin your suggestion that all of Islam is dragging humanity backwards?

But what about those guys?

"Those guys" being... who?

Catholics?

Islam?

Already answered that. Be more specific. You want more in depth discussion? Sure.

Look, all you had to do was add one little word and it would have altered the very point of this thread and had you added it (hint, it starts with E) I would have ABSOLUTELY agreed with you. Instead, as it is, it's a statement, that ALL of Islam is regressing (my word) humanity, and when I suggest others are doing so as well you got pissed because I dared "question" your statement? Again, if you didn't want to discuss or debate it, why post it? Unless it was just a circle jerk for people to get off being bigots, racists or whatever you want to call yourselves. In which case, just admit it and I'll bow out and leave you to your fun.