Islam is the only religion dragging humanity backwards

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If that didn't get your attention, maybe this will. Since the Islamic revolution in Iran back in 1979, the zealots took a nation moving toward secularism to a nation that oppresses women, hangs gays publicly, and leaves their bodies as an example. Does anyone remember the uprising of youth in Iran? Don't hear much about that anymore.

Does anybody remember Lebanon before the zealots brought in Sharia law? There were women on the beaches in swimsuits, even bikinis. A civil war between 1975 to 1990 made the place a religious prison. Women relinquished their rights and have been downgraded to stock.

From 2015 until the last quarter of 2023, Hamas became the ruling government in Gaza, and despite billions in foreign aid, these people are left in squalor because Hamas is stealing the money, the food, the medicine and using the aid trucks to bring in rockets and weapons. Hamas, like many predecessors, including Arafat, wanted to keep the people in a perpetual state of peasantry and martyrdom. There are people in Gaza who want Hamas to stop stealing the essentials they need. But Hamas doesn't give a shit about that. The top Hamassholes are billionaires. Murder is the business they're in.

Hamas is fucking over the Palestinians. For eight years, Palestinians have lived under the boot of the government they elected. They have been used, starved, assaulted, and murdered, not by the Israelis but by fellow Muslims. The biggest fuck over was the Oct 7 attack. The Hamas leadership and the Iranian sponsors knew the response to such a heinous attack would be swift and merciless, but they didn't care; they were martyrs to the cause. Moderate Muslims, Western Muslims, were decidedly quiet, ignoring when Muslims murdered, oppressed, or occupied their own. Barely a peep.
Palestinians living in countries around the world, from Canada to the UK to Germany, not a complaint about Hamas, the abusive new slum lords occupying them. Maybe some, but not many. Muslim business is Muslim business.

These countries where this zealotry has a stronghold are anchors on humanity.
They want to go backward.

It is up to Muslims to join us in the 21st century.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If that didn't get your attention, maybe this will. Since the Islamic revolution in Iran back in 1979, the zealots took a nation moving toward secularism to a nation that oppresses women, hangs gays publicly, and leaves their bodies as an example. Does anyone remember the uprising of youth in Iran? Don't hear much about that anymore.

Does anybody remember Lebanon before the zealots brought in Sharia law? There were women on the beaches in swimsuits, even bikinis. A civil war between 1975 to 1990 made the place a religious prison. Women relinquished their rights and have been downgraded to stock.

From 2015 until the last quarter of 2023, Hamas became the ruling government in Gaza, and despite billions in foreign aid, these people are left in squalor because Hamas is stealing the money, the food, the medicine and using the aid trucks to bring in rockets and weapons. Hamas, like many predecessors, including Arafat, wanted to keep the people in a perpetual state of peasantry and martyrdom. There are people in Gaza who want Hamas to stop stealing the essentials they need. But Hamas doesn't give a shit about that. The top Hamassholes are billionaires. Murder is the business they're in.

Hamas is fucking over the Palestinians. For eight years, Palestinians have lived under the boot of the government they elected. They have been used, starved, assaulted, and murdered, not by the Israelis but by fellow Muslims. The biggest fuck over was the Oct 7 attack. The Hamas leadership and the Iranian sponsors knew the response to such a heinous attack would be swift and merciless, but they didn't care; they were martyrs to the cause. Moderate Muslims, Western Muslims, were decidedly quiet, ignoring when Muslims murdered, oppressed, or occupied their own. Barely a peep.
Palestinians living in countries around the world, from Canada to the UK to Germany, not a complaint about Hamas, the abusive new slum lords occupying them. Maybe some, but not many. Muslim business is Muslim business.

These countries where this zealotry has a stronghold are anchors on humanity.
They want to go backward.

It is up to Muslims to join us in the 21st century.

So question: what of Extremists Christianity, or extremist Judaism?

That's if we're sticking to the Abrahamic three.

Reactions: Retired_Can_Soldier

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Do you see any of them terrorizing and murdering their own people? Or lobbing bombs into the neighbouring country? Do you even know what your favourite brand of terrorist does to your kind?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Do you see any of them terrorizing and murdering their own people?

Terrorizing, yes. Murders - well, depends on the country. A lot of the African Christian nations murder their own so...

I'm not arguing with the facts or even opinions RCS posted. I'm just asking about the other two Abrahamic extremists and their beliefs.

Or lobbing bombs into the neighbouring country?

None of them have countries thus far, though it's close in some.

Do you even know what your favourite brand of terrorist does to your kind?

LOL - I have a favourite terrorist? And a kind?

Think you're reaching again, Tax.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

There are troglodytes in every religion, but Islam has been baked into so many tyrannical governments. I don't believe in God, but what of? The Middle East is a cesspool of stoning, beheading, hanging, misogyny, and homophobia. Give me examples of countries where Christian or Jewish governments are taking the rights of their people away to this extreme, and I'll address it. Hell, even the Catholic Church is beginning to bend on same-sex marriage.

These countries are Islamic prisons.

By the way, I don't think you are a bad person. I think you are probably a very good person trying to be fair to the point that you're flawed in your thinking. The world has progressed. Jews have progressed. Christians have progressed, and an Islamic state is a shining example of why there should be a separation of religion and state. That is why we must be vigilant, there the zealots are the lawmakers.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There are troglodytes in every religion, but Islam has been baked into so many tyrannical governments.
So has Christianity. Especially if you're not White, male, and straight.

Christian governments mostly seem to have gotten over most of it.

But not wanting Muslim immigrants is a whole 'nother smoke from not wanting an Islamic government.

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There are troglodytes in every religion,

That's true, there are.

With Islam, it's the reverse - the majority are religious zelots whose belief is so insane it's a cult, and there are a few branches of it or individual people who reject the mainstream and are not like them at all.

but Islam has been baked into so many tyrannical governments.

So has Christianity. It's changing, yes, but Uganda is an example where it hasn't.

I don't believe in God, but what of?

I don't believe in their versions of God either.

The Middle East is a cesspool of stoning, beheading, hanging, misogyny, and homophobia.

It is.

Give me examples of countries where Christian or Jewish governments are taking the rights of their people away to this extreme, and I'll address it.
In general: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_capital_punishment

Yes, I recognize that a good majority of these countries are Middle East. But it happens beyond there too.

Hell, even the Catholic Church is beginning to bend on same-sex marriage.

And still fighting all the way.

These countries are Islamic prisons.

They are.

By the way, I don't think you are a bad person. I think you are probably a very good person trying to be fair to the point that you're flawed in your thinking. The world has progressed. Jews have progressed. Christians have progressed, and an Islamic state is a shining example of why there should be a separation of religion and state. That is why we must be vigilant, there the zealots are the lawmakers.

I'm not denying Islam is full of horrible people. I also don't deny that if it wasn't for early Islam, the world wouldn't be as progressed as we are. But the Islam of then is not the Islam of today, and today Islam - most of it, the extreme versions of it - DO hold their people back. Hell, here's my opinion of the Islam you're talking about.

It needs to end. It needs to end 500 or so years ago. Regardless of why they're stuck in that age of thought, and worse, it needs to end. It keeps its people out of step with the world. It is disenfranchising, it is dehumanizing, it is seriously disgusting and horrible and insane that people are treated like they are in those countries.

But I also recognize that there are progressive people in that religion trying to do right, to do what they think the Quran says and be more the peaceful religion. The problem is the extremists - and those who think like you - do NOT help their cause what so ever.

I also recognize that as someone born in the West what I see there vs. what they see are two different things and I have no right to impose what I think is "Right" on them, anymore than they have to try and impose what is "right" to them, on me. It's why I'll never GO to any of those nations.

Overall, religion ITSELF makes people's brain turn to mush with rare instances that people use to to progress, not regress.

The only "flaw" in my thinking is that I get your side, but I also get "Their" side too. My "flaw" in my thinking is I can agree with your points easily enough, but I see where "They" come from too. My "flaw" is trying to be fair to those who do NOT fulfill the broad brush bullshit that people love to slosh out in the world, because in my experience, all that does is make things worse for those who also are against Them but might be part of Them. And I would rather see those people step away and be allies than lump them in with the enemies.

If people - like you - would instead of saying "Islam", say "Extremist Islam", then I'd be unequivocally for your points. Absolute agreement.

But by just saying "Islam" you are condemning anyone who is of the faith but is NOT like the extremists.

Kind'a the same point about Judasium - I'm not a Jew hater like Tax loves to keep saying. But I'm against the ones who DO hate others - the extremists, the Orthodox and the right wing fascists who have crept into Israel's leadership roles and have turned Israel into a nation that certain people would be laughing about. I absolutely supported Yitzhak Rabin and his loss was DEVASTATING for Israel. No one since actually gave a shit about it like he did. Even for his flaws, he was STILL the best PM Israel ever had, and he was assassinated. By a Jew, an Orthodox Jew.

And it's why when speaking of Christians, I say Extremist Christians - the hard line cult types, Southern Baptists, etc - and not all Christians. Or if someone doesn't get it, I explain who I mean. I try - especially nowadays - to not broadbrush it.

So to circle back - while I agree with your point - I also can't agree that Islam is the only place to do this.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The only "flaw" in my thinking is that I get your side, but I also get "Their" side too. My "flaw" in my thinking is I can agree with your points easily enough, but I see where "They" come from too. My "flaw" is trying to be fair to those who do NOT fulfill the broad brush bullshit that people love to slosh out in the world, because in my experience, all that does is make things worse for those who also are against Them but might be part of Them. And I would rather see those people step away and be allies than lump them in with the enemies.
My post was about Islam dragging the world backward.
Your immediate post was: What about these other two religions.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So has Christianity. Especially if you're not White, male, and straight.

Christian governments mostly seem to have gotten over most of it.

But not wanting Muslim immigrants is a whole 'nother smoke from not wanting an Islamic government.
Where did I say I didn't want Muslim immigrants? One of my best friends is a Muslim. I'm saying that change must come from within and most Muslims look the other way when it comes to M on M terrorism. The only way Islam will modernize its thinking and abandon the nutbar shit is if Muslims will it to happen. I ain't seen much of that. Maybe they're afraid?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Shades of Islam that are from light to very dark.

It's the ones who don't smoke hash that get all weird unlike the khat junkies currently causing shit.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shades of Islam that are from light to very dark.

It's the ones who don't smoke hash that get all weird unlike the khat junkies currently causing shit.
I’m just warming up between outdoor weekend projects, but the thread title is:

Islam is the only religion dragging humanity backwards​

…& admittedly I haven’t ready through this, but…shit…quoted wrong post:
So if also questioning other religions, sort of fits the thread title… which is asking if other religions are dragging world backwards…

That’s my two bits from the uninformed who hasn’t read through the thread yet. If off track, then whoops.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Where did I say I didn't want Muslim immigrants? One of my best friends is a Muslim. I'm saying that change must come from within and most Muslims look the other way when it comes to M on M terrorism. The only way Islam will modernize its thinking and abandon the nutbar shit is if Muslims will it to happen. I ain't seen much of that. Maybe they're afraid?
Where did I claim you said you didn't want Muslim immigrants?

It's a pretty common theme among conservatives. If it don't apply to you, let it pass.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I’m just warming up between outdoor weekend projects, but the thread title is:

Islam is the only religion dragging humanity backwards​

…& admittedly I haven’t ready through this, but…shit…quoted wrong post:

So if also questioning other religions, sort of fits the thread title… which is asking if other religions are dragging world backwards…

That’s my two bits from the uninformed who hasn’t read through the thread yet. If off track, then whoops.

Pretty much my point, yes.

We can talk about Islam sure.

But what about other religions?

Hell, not even necessarily Christianity or Judaism. But those are part of the "Big Three" and all Abrahamic.

And you brought up my "flaw", so I responded.

Exactly. See above for why.

Absolutely can agree about Islam's extremist practitioners.

But again, what about the extremists in Judaism and Christianity? Those don't get talked about with the same hate that extremist Islam does; lots of times it's brushed off, or when it's called out the person is "Anti-Christian" or "Anti-Semitic" or a Christian Hater or a Jew Hater.