B.C. First Nation signs multimillion-dollar deal with gas pipeline company

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
And every single damn White talking to a Native claims to have a great-great-grandmother who was a "Cherokee princess."

My standard's simple. White card (tribal ID) or y'all ain't an Indun (for the U.S., obviously).
Weirdly, depending on one’s perspective, it doesn’t have to be a “Cherokee princess” but I believe, outside of cultural restraints, that humans are attracted to gene diversification (exotic features), so mixed blood being common isn’t that far fetched.

It helps explain the prevalence of Neanderthal (& Denisovian) genes in much of today’s population. Native to Caucasians & Caucasian to Natives certainly fit that bill of exotic when Europeans supposedly first came to the Americas.

Most of our communities are in favour of responsible resource development, as shown in elections, referendums, community meetings and polls. Indigenous people also care immensely about protecting our environment. We have been taking conservation seriously for the last 10,000 years. But we also need a vibrant economy that can support us.

We were not invited to the table in the past. We fought for over 160 years to take back that seat and now we are pushing for equity ownership in the projects that extract resources from, or run through, our territories. Yet the protesters threaten to take all of that away. They are hindering our ability to move our communities out of poverty.

It’s time we start moving toward reconciliation. We can no longer tolerate outside groups weaponizing our culture and history and using it against our people. The protests over the Coastal GasLink pipeline are tearing apart our families, friends and communities. The division is immense.

The rest at the above LINK.

Reactions: taxslave

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Weirdly,........

Most of our communities are in favour of responsible resource development, as shown in elections, referendums, community meetings and polls. Indigenous people also care immensely about protecting our environment. We have been taking conservation seriously for the last 10,000 years. But we also need a vibrant economy that can support us.

We were not invited to the table in the past. We fought for over 160 years to take back that seat and now we are pushing for equity ownership in the projects that extract resources from, or run through, our territories. Yet the protesters threaten to take all of that away. They are hindering our ability to move our communities out of poverty.

It’s time we start moving toward reconciliation. We can no longer tolerate outside groups weaponizing our culture and history and using it against our people. The protests over the Coastal GasLink pipeline are tearing apart our families, friends and communities. The division is immense.

10,000 years? As a society, you were hunter/gatherers. You took what you needed as opposed to taking conservation seriously.
The protesters are you, your groups and your society. The division is amongst yourselves and the people jumping on the bandwagon. The problem with the protesters is they are not as much protesting the pipeline but against the other faction within your group.
So, you are very right, you, yourselves are tearing apart our families, friends and communities. The division is immense.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
10,000 years? As a society, you were hunter/gatherers. You took what you needed as opposed to taking conservation seriously.
The protesters are you, your groups and your society. The division is amongst yourselves and the people jumping on the bandwagon. The problem with the protesters is they are not as much protesting the pipeline but against the other faction within your group.
So, you are very right, you, yourselves are tearing apart our families, friends and communities. The division is immense.
Nothing like being told about Induns by a European. . .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Weirdly, depending on one’s perspective, it doesn’t have to be a “Cherokee princess” but I believe, outside of cultural restraints, that humans are attracted to gene diversification (exotic features), so mixed blood being common isn’t that far fetched.

It helps explain the prevalence of Neanderthal (& Denisovian) genes in much of today’s population. Native to Caucasians & Caucasian to Natives certainly fit that bill of exotic when Europeans supposedly first came to the Americas.

Mixed blood is common because it makes sense . The Haida sent raiding parties up and down the west coast bring back women and children to strengthen their blood . When British sailors landed on S.Pacific islands and were greeted by willing young women it was the matriarchs sending their daughters for infusion of fresh blood for the communities long term health .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
10,000 years ago, I’m assuming most of my ancestors where hunter/gathers running around what’s now Europe or walking from Europe to what’s now the British Isles doing whatever they had to do to help themselves & their tribes thrive & survive, but I understand your assumptions and the idea that you’re trying to get across….

We would have taken what we needed (voluntarily or not) from the environment and from those around us as opposed to taking conservation seriously. Your ancestors too or you wouldn’t be here today to be sharing your opinions on this forum.

My protest happens here on this forum ‘cuz I work 7 days/week due to the nature of the occupation that I’m currently in as many rely upon me to keep them rolling so that their incomes keep flowing to feed their families, etc…

As far as the ‘protesters’ go, who are they (?) and who’s funding them (?) and who is funding those that are funding the protesters (?) and why? This is an onion and you’d have to peal back the layers to find the above answers…or not…depending on your own level of interest and personal bias. This isn’t as simple as Team A vs Team B.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, that and the fact that the immigrants from Europe were heavily weighted to males.

And they generally regarded Native women as property.

And White Americans lie a lot.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, that and the fact that the immigrants from Europe were heavily weighted to males.

And they generally regarded Native women as property.

And White Americans lie a lot.
Personally, I believe there’s a whole lot more mixing of genes than anyone admits to. There’s a reason why our testicles are much larger than a Gorillas (but smaller than a Chimpanzees).

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Blame whitey for all your shortcomings
And if you ever watched the OKA crisis in Montreal you would know that a lot of native societies in Canada are Matriarchal societies where women run the show

Reactions: MyOpinion

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And every single damn White talking to a Native claims to have a great-great-grandmother who was a "Cherokee princess."

My standard's simple. White card (tribal ID) or y'all ain't an Indun (for the U.S., obviously).
I've posted proof of my Native ancestry before on this forum,
WHERE"s yours.......................