2SLGBTQQIA+

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I've always wondered why the date of the resurrection was a moving goalpost. I always chalked it up to too much wine during the festivities. I didn't know March 31st was trans-visibility day, but no surprise there. We have been beaten over the head by this tyrannical minority, so who can really keep all the dates and celebrations and outrage straight?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I've always wondered why the date of the resurrection was a moving goalpost. I always chalked it up to too much wine during the festivities. I didn't know March 31st was trans-visibility day, but no surprise there. We have been beaten over the head by this tyrannical minority, so who can really keep all the dates and celebrations and outrage straight?
It has to do with it being tied to Passover which is tied to the Lunar calendar. Except unlike the Moslems, the Jews modified it to partially lock with the Solar calendar so Passover is always in the spring. However for reasons unknown to me, Easter calculations and Passover calculations are different and they usually fall on different dates. The original Easter week did co-inside with Passover.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It has to do with it being tied to Passover which is tied to the Lunar calendar. Except unlike the Moslems, the Jews modified it to partially lock with the Solar calendar so Passover is always in the spring. However for reasons unknown to me, Easter calculations and Passover calculations are different and they usually fall on different dates. The original Easter week did co-inside with Passover.
Christmas is not accurate; maybe they should have just picked a day rather than trampling the more important trans visibility day, which quite honestly is what I thought every day was in Canada. LOL

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Then there's this: Happy Trans Day!! LOL

1712018017537.png
Those were fun! I had the 15th anniversary edition from ‘84 back when I was young and dumb-er…in the single tone dark blue & the 5spd manual mated to the 5L HO. 190hp doesn’t sound like much, but put it in something that weighs a bit over 3000lbs & holy cow!!
1712018542936.jpeg
1984 was the best-selling year for the Pontiac Firebird, with over 128,000 units sold. Just 1,500 of those were the 15th Anniversary edition, and just 500 of those came with the Borg-Warner 5-speed manual, making them highly collectable. Oh well…

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Given the changes in calendars over the centuries (lunar to Julian to Gregorian) and the mismatch between the Jewish calendar (lunar) and the Catholic church's calendar (Julian and then Gregorian), you get that kind of drift. All Jewish holidays fluctuate according to the modern (Gregorian) calendar because they're still reckoned by the old Jewish lunar calendar. And Easter is tied to Passover.

Or maybe they just like to piss you off.

Reactions: Serryah

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Given the changes in calendars over the centuries (lunar to Julian to Gregorian) and the mismatch between the Jewish calendar (lunar) and the Catholic church's calendar (Julian and then Gregorian), you get that kind of drift. All Jewish holidays fluctuate according to the modern (Gregorian) calendar because they're still reckoned by the old Jewish lunar calendar. And Easter is tied to Passover.

It doesn't piss me off, it's just another stat holiday.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
No, no you don't "Got it". In fact, you widely missed the mark.

Easter has NO set date, it's instead a time of year - you want to blame Easter and TDOV, blame the freakin MOON. It's a COINCIDENCE. Nothing more.

There's no reason why you can't recognize both things - or all of them, I mean, CRAYONS! - and also recognize that Jesus likely would have welcomed Trans people, not demanded their extermination and genocide. The day wasn't hijacked, nor is anyone saying you can't "Celebrate" the idea of Jesus (or the man, whatever).

Come on... you REALLY need to hate that badly?
Nope. Rather, whatever day Easter falls on (it's different each year), whatever else that day honors or commemorates should be CANCELLED!
For 1994 years of celebrating Christ's resurrection on a specific lunar phase 100's of Millions if not Billions of people around the world that worship this day they should just accept a very small minority of the populace with gender confusion to hijack it because it intersects the date every dozen of years or so first time it has done so since a him/her proclaimed it as a thing 15 years ago. Ok it makes sense carry on

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
For 1994 years of celebrating Christ's resurrection on a specific lunar phase 100's of Millions if not Billions of people around the world that worship this day they should just accept a very small minority of the populace with gender confusion to hijack it because it intersects the date every dozen of years or so first time it has done so since a him/her proclaimed it as a thing 15 years ago. Ok it makes sense carry on

I wasn't aware that Trans Visibility Day prevented those umpty-leven gazillion folks from celebrating Easter. Maybe in Canada it did.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I wasn't aware that Trans Visibility Day prevented those umpty-leven gazillion folks from celebrating Easter. Maybe in Canada it did.
They celebrated in spite of the proclamation and the declaration that no religious symbols to appear on Easter eggs, I wonder how soon the FBI will be sent to investigate the insurrection against the alphabet community

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I'll agree that some things are overdone, especially anything GLBTQIA+.

But if TODV doesn't impact you, then ignore it.

I mean, you ignore that it's Crayon day, right?

Indigenous Language Day doesn't matter to you, does it?

So neither should that.

The only people making THIS big an issue about it are... the people whose Death of Jesus/I'm Back, Bitches day changes year after year.

Shh... stop it with your facts and logic!

They celebrated in spite of the proclamation and the declaration that no religious symbols to appear on Easter eggs, I wonder how soon the FBI will be sent to investigate the insurrection against the alphabet community

Oh FFS.

That's been a rule for the event for years.

Why is it only NOW that it's making all the Chrissy fans spaztic? Give you a hint - it's got nothing to do with actually giving a shit about the event.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There was no "proclamation." It's been Trans Visibility day since 2009.

Besides, Easter is on 5 May this year. Just ask any good Christian. Guess we need to cancel Cinco de Mayo to protect the poor little snowflakes' feels.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

So neither should that.

The only people making THIS big an issue about it are... the people whose Death of Jesus/I'm Back, Bitches day changes year after year.

Oh FFS.

Why is it only NOW that it's making all the Chrissy fans spaztic? Give you a hint - it's got nothing to do with actually giving a shit about the event.

So neither should that.

Oh FFS.

The last time Easter was on the same day was in 2013 and no kerfuffle happened only because the alphabet group wasn't so obvious & it wasn't "in your face." I do agree, it's just another alphabet day (they have weeks & months as well) like any other and if Easter is important, you'll concentrate on that.

I get that there are people (me included) that don't like the idea of a special day, week & month celebrating a cultist idea that one can change their gender but it is what it is. It's simply a terrible pox on people with mental health issues but there it is. A minority group that supersedes the majority.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The correct answer is that the jesus people took over a pagan holiday which is connected to the lunar calendar. Much like Christmas, which was supposed to be a celebration for reaching the shortest day. The date was picked because with their low technology, getting the exact date was difficult. Also, the jesus people added a couple of days to the calendar.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Funny, I always heard Canada had free speech and freedom of religion.

What's the penalty for celebrating Easter?

Depends on who you are - anyone with a brain cell and use of logic there is no penalty.

For the snowflakes all freaking out about a nothingburger - eternal damnation... and having to live with the idea that Trans people exist. So horrible.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Depends on who you are - anyone with a brain cell and use of logic there is no penalty.

For the snowflakes all freaking out about a nothingburger - eternal damnation... and having to live with the idea that Trans people exist. So horrible.
Maybe if you reprobates stopped pushing your depravity into peoples face they would be more open . And just maybe if you let kids be kids and stopped grooming children for sexual pleasure and genital mutilation .