2SLGBTQQIA+

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think it's cute how people do the "I identify as a helicopter" or "I identify as a Pirate" or whatever bullshit, as if it negates the point of things.

If you want to ID as any of that, fill your boots, who the hell are others to give a damn?

Not that gender is equal to a spontaneous feeling of suddenly wanting to be a helicopter or pirate or anything. But the ignorant keep claiming that they're somehow equal.

Funny how you comment about not being militant about people not calling you Doctor or Captain; but talk to a REAL doctor, for example, and don't call them that, and watch them get pissed.

If pronouns don't matter, then why should we bother with them at all? Well, language and grammar sort of demands it. So guess we're stuck with it.

But if someone doesn't want to be respectful and use someone's proper pronouns, don't expect others to either.
If somebody can self identify as aboriginal in order to take advantage of the Gladeau factor….Then it would only be fair that Pgs can self identify as a cowboy you’d think?

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If somebody can self identify as aboriginal in order to take advantage of the Gladeau factor….Then it would only be fair that Pgs can self identify as a cowboy you’d think?

They can "self identify" until it's proven wrong, then they get the backlash and, well, look at those who've tried but been caught.

Buffy St. Marie is a great 'example' of it. Even though she's of the tribe and native by the tribe she's from, everyone else is deeming she's not native.

Sometimes, just because you self identify, doesn't mean you are.

Sometimes it does.

In the case of Trans people there's two issues at play that goes against your argument.

1. They have to prove that how they 'self identify' is right.
2. They have to fight even when it's proven to still 'prove' it.

In your example - someone calling themselves a 'cowboy' to self-identify is one thing. But if you're walking around Calgary during the Stampede, you're in the events, have the titles that come with it and so on, how do you think that person would react to someone calling them NOT a cowboy?

You wanna be a combat helicopter, go ahead? But until you start flying in the air, carrying gunners and guns into a war zone, a combat chopper you are not.

And when a trans kid says they're trans, and in the course of medical treatment it's verified, who is anyone to say "no"?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In your example - someone calling themselves a 'cowboy' to self-identify is one thing. But if you're walking around Calgary during the Stampede, you're in the events, have the titles that come with it and so on, how do you think that person would react to someone calling them NOT a cowboy?

You wanna be a combat helicopter, go ahead? But until you start flying in the air, carrying gunners and guns into a war zone, a combat chopper you are not.

And when a trans kid says they're trans, and in the course of medical treatment it's verified, who is anyone to say "no"?
Are you confusing Rodeo athletes with cattle ranchers? If you called a barrel racer a cowboy she'd punch you out.

If a man can can grow his own tits, produce his own estrogen, and grow a hoo fucking haw that spits out babies then Ill agree "thats a woman".

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They can "self identify" until it's proven wrong, then they get the backlash and, well, look at those who've tried but been caught.
Like those that self identify as a cat, or child, when they are neither as an adult?
Buffy St. Marie is a great 'example' of it. Even though she's of the tribe and native by the tribe she's from, everyone else is deeming she's not native.

Sometimes, just because you self identify, doesn't mean you are.

Sometimes it does.

In the case of Trans people there's two issues at play that goes against your argument.

1. They have to prove that how they 'self identify' is right.
2. They have to fight even when it's proven to still 'prove' it.
I was referring to this:
1707428752645.jpeg
You mean, “All Hat, no Cowboy” sort of thing. The guy wanted to be a cowboy since he was three years old. Not sure if he’s grown out of it or not or changed his mind…. But it’s a formative stage in his development at three, so we have to wait for him to verify where he’s at mentally on that one at this point in time.

Who’s anyone to say, since he knew it at three years of age, that Pgs isn’t a cowboy? He might actually have shit on his boots and chew in his back pocket, and just hasn’t connected the dots?

Not all Cowboys wear cowboy hats either, as many wear ball caps, etc…so there’s kind of a spectrum happening…& I know if I was working around 1000lb+ critters, I’d probably be wearing steel toes, whether they rubber boots or work boots as opposed to zero-traction cowboy boots, but that’s just me, & I’m not a cowboy.

(maybe a doctor, and/or a captain, but not a cowboy)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Like those that self identify as a cat, or child, when they are neither as an adult?

I was referring to this:
View attachment 21047

You mean, “All Hat, no Cowboy” sort of thing. The guy wanted to be a cowboy since he was three years old. Not sure if he’s grown out of it or not or changed his mind…. But it’s a formative stage in his development at three, so we have to wait for him to verify where he’s at mentally on that one at this point in time.

Who’s anyone to say, since he knew it at three years of age, that Pgs isn’t a cowboy? He might actually have shit on his boots and chew in his back pocket, and just hasn’t connected the dots?

Not all Cowboys wear cowboy hats either, as many wear ball caps, etc…so there’s kind of a spectrum happening…& I know if I was working around 1000lb+ critters, I’d probably be wearing steel toes, whether they rubber boots or work boots as opposed to zero-traction cowboy boots, but that’s just me, & I’m not a cowboy.

Cowtrans.

If we surgically add a turbine 2 rotors and landing skids pgs could be a cowtranscopter.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Do cats recognize them?
So why didn't he become one? Being a pig-ignorant drover ain't exactly hard.

Most of 'em I've ever known wore baseball caps. Usually gimme caps.
Water captain or dirt captain?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Do cats recognize them?
Do cats recognize anybody?
So why didn't he become one? Being a pig-ignorant drover ain't exactly hard.
The question for Pgs.
Most of 'em I've ever known wore baseball caps. Usually gimme caps.
I’ve seen both, depending on if they’re working or playing. Ball Caps for work..
Water captain or dirt captain?
I haven’t that one through far enough yet. I might have to sleep on it. Way and measure the pros and cons, see how I feel about being plugged into a subcategory.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Serrya, I can't answer these multi-paragraphed posts. It's not you, it's me. My eyes and memory fade when I try. I don't see my original comments when I try to reply to your comments, and I just don't have it in me to make a line-by-line reply.

So I am going to leave it there.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Are you confusing Rodeo athletes with cattle ranchers? If you called a barrel racer a cowboy she'd punch you out.

If a man can can grow his own tits, produce his own estrogen, and grow a hoo fucking haw that spits out babies then Ill agree "thats a woman".
Hey lots of men have man boobs .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I was referring to this:
View attachment 21047

I did shit on my desert boots walking home from bowling round about 1962 .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Serrya, I can't answer these multi-paragraphed posts. It's not you, it's me. My eyes and memory fade when I try. I don't see my original comments when I try to reply to your comments, and I just don't have it in me to make a line-by-line reply.

So I am going to leave it there.

It's fine. I know it's a pain when I do that but when I do just smaller replies, I feel I don't address things, and ironically I lose my train of thought too easily.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It's fine. I know it's a pain when I do that but when I do just smaller replies, I feel I don't address things, and ironically I lose my train of thought too easily.
It's cool. I'm just only given so much time, and although I love espousing my opinion, I got other shit to do, which includes tying up two novels. Ye old day job steals a lot of time, so I am always parceling time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's cool. I'm just only given so much time, and although I love espousing my opinion, I got other shit to do, which includes tying up two novels. Ye old day job steals a lot of time, so I am always parceling time.
Translation: "Im fucking done beating my head against the wall trying to rationalize with a crazy bitch."