Pee power: The future of cellphone charging is in your urine

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pee power: The future of cellphone charging is in your urine
The Canadian Press
First posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 04:38 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 05:17 PM EDT
You might one day be able to charge your smartphone while urinating, using a new fuel cell developed by British researchers.
This microbial fuel cell, which is smaller than similar devices, uses the biological process of "electrical" bacteria to convert organic matter, like urine, into electricity. Urine passes through the microbial cell, which triggers the reaction. The electricity generated by the bacteria can then be stored or used directly to power electrical devices.
One six-square-centimetre cell can generate two watts per cubic metre, enough energy to power a smartphone. Unlike its rivals, this technology is very inexpensive to produce and the waste it uses as fuel will never run out and produces no harmful gas.
Researchers are trying to improve the efficiency and performance of the battery.
Pee power: The future of cellphone charging is in your urine | News | Tech | Tor

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
piss lemons on pennies

my fave is scrap copper and zinc in a mix of water and wood ash (Lye) in a coffee cup
makes a nice light shock

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
piss lemons on pennies

my fave is scrap copper and zinc in a mix of water and wood ash (Lye) in a coffee cup
makes a nice light shock

collect the gas and set it on fire.

You didn't like your eyebrows anyway, did you?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
for a guy in an A$$ mask you sure come across as self superior

ps
you do it in open air on the picnic table....no gas about it

and there i thought the only low potential was in the cup