Your opinion - Do you care about the New King of England?

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I was hanging out with a friend of mine from the USA who was visiting and he was genuinely curious about King Charles and his thought was that Canadians are all excited about the new King.

I told him, honestly, I don't really care and don't think about it.

He was shocked and really though that Canadians cared a whole lot about the monarchy.

But it got me to thinking, am I alone in not really caring about them?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I did care, sort of, when Liz was alive.

Likely if/when William takes over, I'll care.

Charles? Not so much.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
As each year goes by I care less and less about the monarchy. I respected QEII. I don't respect King Chuck and Queen Horseface at all. But he beats TrueDope's face on the money.

• Haha
Reactions: TheShadow

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Concerning news to hear King Charles is being treated for Cancer. Wishing him good luck and a speedy recovery.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I was hanging out with a friend of mine from the USA who was visiting and he was genuinely curious about King Charles and his thought was that Canadians are all excited about the new King.

I told him, honestly, I don't really care and don't think about it.

He was shocked and really though that Canadians cared a whole lot about the monarchy.

But it got me to thinking, am I alone in not really caring about them?
Making Harry Governor General would have helped to remain relevant with Canadians. Sounds like he will need a job soon. Might have kept Andrew out of trouble as well.

As it is now, I can not buy shares on the London Stock Exchange through a Canadian institution and $250 per trade if I can while $9.99 all day long in New York city. And they are arguing about cheese but wrong thread for that.

Reactions: petros