“Wokeness” in Canada and elsewhere…

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It did come across like you were blaming trans people though.

Also, blaming JT for doing something that should'a been done years ago... really? You're stepping back into "Blame Trudeau for anything even if it's good/no matter what Trudeau does, it's negative even if it's not
" territory again.

Well, then just take out all washrooms for anyone to use.

Problem solved.

So tampons and pads won't be allowed... why? What's this landlord got against pads or tampons?
Cuz men don't use them. Simple!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Basically, we're diverse AF, and we also import from Quebec (of course).

Not go nuclear, for one. Focus more on other areas. But of course to some idiots that means Fracking - which is fucking horrible for any region.

Truthfully I wouldn't mind nat gas as much - though I don't use it myself - and considering in the area I'm in, wind power is reliable as fuck but the Enviroidiots freak out any time turbines are mentioned, despite just across the border there's a small "farm" of them to help supply Amherst, NS with power, as well as some solar panels done in the last couple of years.
Which Myth's about fracking has you concerned?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I don't do pronouns. Stephen King said, "Stay away from adverbs." But adverbs make you feel good, especially with an oiled-up exclamation mark to drive that baby home. I don't care how you feel or identify or what you demand you be called, I usually just start a conversation with, "Hey, my name is..." I've never had a hang-up with people in that community, but whether you are straight, gay, trans, I don't do self-entitled. So, I don't do pronouns.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I don't do pronouns. Stephen King said, "Stay away from adverbs." But adverbs make you feel good, especially with an oiled-up exclamation mark to drive that baby home. I don't care how you feel or identify or what you demand you be called, I usually just start a conversation with, "Hey, my name is..." I've never had a hang-up with people in that community, but whether you are straight, gay, trans, I don't do self-entitled. So, I don't do pronouns.

Yeah, except I'm sure you use pronouns all the time. You just don't feel you need to respect trans people and their pronouns.

At least have the balls to admit that much.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't do gendered pronouns. "One" and "it" do me just fine.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, except I'm sure you use pronouns all the time. You just don't feel you need to respect trans people and their pronouns.

At least have the balls to admit that much.

I have never disrespected a trans person in my life and I've met a few. I have always been empathetic. I don't care how you feel or what you perceive yourself to be. That's your body. I just don't like it when someone starts legislating how I am supposed to think. Very Orwellian. Anyway, how am I disrespecting somebody by not using or asking for pronouns? Is it my duty as a good Canadian? I respect people of all walks; I don't respect self-entitlement, and that's what this is. Pushing the envelope brings in hate legislation labeling people phobic if anyone dares to disagree. People can identify any way they want and be with whoever they want. Parents should never be circumvented by schools, unless there is abuse involved.

Remember the last time in Canada when the government got between parents and kids?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I have never disrespected a trans person in my life and I've met a few. I have always been empathetic. I don't care how you feel or what you perceive yourself to be. That's your body.

That's good to hear.

I just don't like it when someone starts legislating how I am supposed to think.

A valid point, even I don't like it, and I don't like the idea of being "forced" to either.

Very Orwellian. Anyway, how am I disrespecting somebody by not using or asking for pronouns?

To be honest, I don't know. But then again, I don't give a flying fig if someone uses the right pronoun for me so...

Is it my duty as a good Canadian? I respect people of all walks;

So if you use the wrong pronoun for someone, when they ask "please don't" you respect that. That's fine.

I don't respect self-entitlement, and that's what this is.

No, it's people who are tired of others incorrectly using the wrong pronoun when asked not to.

I can agree that the issue is being super pushed, and trans people - and allies who are sometimes worse - need to give people a break if it's an honest accident.

Just like others need to get that trans people are sick and tired of being disrespected so often that when they lash out over the wrong pronoun, it's out of frustration. And considering the backlash from non-trans people who are determined to deny them...

Pushing the envelope brings in hate legislation labeling people phobic if anyone dares to disagree.

There's pushing the envelope, then there's those who actually DO hate trans people and who ARE phobic.

People can identify any way they want and be with whoever they want.

And yet, it's continually proven that they can't, and if they do, it's a frigging fight to do so.

Parents should never be circumvented by schools, unless there is abuse involved.

Good, glad you agree with that.

So you support trans kids being able to be who they are then without fear of their parents finding out from schools.

Remember the last time in Canada when the government got between parents and kids?

Are you trying to equate what goes on now with what native kids went through?

Really?

Look, you say you respect trans people and all that. Fine, great, then YOU don't have to worry about a damned thing. Make an honest mistake in misgendering or wrong pronoun use, that's fine.

It's for the other assholes who don't care, who don't give a shit.

And while some trans people might be okay with all that, a lot of them AREN'T. Maybe ask THEM why this needs to be pushed, try to get it from their point of view.

Because for them, misgendering and lack of proper pronoun use only builds up and compounds the problems they have to the point of dangerous ends. And that's what this is meant to prevent, cause people are assholes and will do this stuff on purpose to PUSH trans people to that end.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Miss France winner with short hair sparks 'ridiculous' anti-woke fury
Author of the article:Kevin Connor
Published Dec 18, 2023 • 1 minute read
Newly crowned Miss France 2024, Eve Gilles.
Newly crowned Miss France 2024, Eve Gilles (Miss Nord-Pas-de-Calais), reacts after winning the Miss France 2024 beauty pageant in Dijon, France, on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023. PHOTO BY ARNAUD FINISTRE /AFP via Getty Images
A woke row has exploded after a Miss France contestant with a pixie haircut was crowned the pageant’s winner.

Eve Gilles, 20, from Nord-Pas-de-Calais in northern France, was crowned by previous winner Indira Ampiot in front of 7.5 million TV viewers on Saturday night, the Daily Mail reported.

The beauty pageant is facing a backlash, accused that it has gone “woke” after the judges chose “androgynous” Gilles.

All past winners have had long hair.

“We’re used to seeing beautiful Misses with long hair, but I chose an androgynous look with short hair,” a defiant Gilles said.

“No one should dictate who you are,” she added after her victory, saying that every “woman is different, we’re all unique.”

Many took to X over the pageant’s decision

One fan wrote: “Maybe the new #MissFrance isn’t gorgeous in your eyes, but seeing wokeism in her because she has short hair … It’s just ridiculous.”

Another added: “Eve Gilles is the new Miss France 2024, your malicious and useless criticisms won’t change that, she’s sublime.”
1218-miss-france-e1702950352625[1].jpg