Wishing you all a Happy Diwali

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Wishing you all a Happy Diwali!!

Why are you wishing us all a happy Diwali? I didn't know we were all Hindus. In fact, I must be the only non-Hindu here, because I didn't even know, and don't even care, that it's Diwali.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This is the first year my poor dog didn't vibrate for most of the night. Fireworks scare him as does thunder. He use to shake so bad. This year he was just nervous and refused to go outside. This is progress.

Fireworks were great. Loud and stopped by 11:00 last night. How polite of everyone. Lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This is the first year my poor dog didn't vibrate for most of the night. Fireworks scare him as does thunder. He use to shake so bad. This year he was just nervous and refused to go outside. This is progress.

Fireworks were great. Loud and stopped by 11:00 last night. How polite of everyone. Lol

25 years ago I would have been part of the noise. I used to smuggle fireworks and 1/4 stick bangers (among other things) from the Lummi Is. Rez in Washington.

Canadian fireworks are too bloody lame.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
25 years ago I would have been part of the noise. I used to smuggle fireworks and 1/4 stick bangers (among other things) from the Lummi Is. Rez in Washington.

Canadian fireworks are too bloody lame.

Boston Bar has a great selection of fire works. Don't know how they compare to Washington. We'd go up to Nahatlatch provincial park, camp and have fireworks at night. In that kind of darkness they look so much better. And it scared the bears away from our area. Nahatlatch has grizzly bears so, win win for all involved...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Video showing Mississauga Diwali fight goes viral
Author of the article:Kevin Connor
Published Nov 13, 2023 • Last updated 18 hours ago • < 1 minute read
Video posted to TikTok and tweeted on X of Sikhs and Hindus fighting on Diwali in Brampton have gone viral.
Video posted to TikTok and tweeted on X of Sikhs and Hindus fighting on Diwali in Mississauga have gone viral. A post on the X account, @therealhebrahim, showed the TikTok video posted by @laviisndhu
A video showing a brawl between scores of Sikhs and Hindus on Diwali in Mississauga has gone viral.

“Peel Regional Police is currently investigating the incident that occurred at Westwood Square Mall” in the Malton neighbourhood, police said in an email.

Many who watched the video posted comments on social media.

Dreamgirl said, “Shouldn’t they be home celebrating and eating food with their family?”

Debbie said, “Disgusting. Is that how you celebrate?”

1700033327608.png