Wild Isles: Orcas hunting seals and seagulls bullying puffins

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
4253.jpg

There are many things wrong with the BBC today, but its natural history programmes are not amongst them.

The BBC's natural history programmes must be the best in the world, and I often wonder how they film such wildlife events the way they do.

Sir David Attenborough may be 96, but the veteran BBC broadcaster, biologist and natural historian is back with his latest wildlife show: "Wild Isles". In his new show, the knight of the realm dispenses with foreign wildlife to show us the splendour of British wildlife.

The new show, which has been broadcast on Sunday evenings over the last few weeks, depicts the British wildlife from Orkney in the far north to Cornwall in the far south, whether it's killer whales chasing a seal in Orkney, seagulls trying to steal fish from puffins off Pembrokeshire or the world's largest slugs mating...

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Watching that puffin just over a week ago on TV weave its way through the seagulls to get the fish to the nest I was on my feet yelling "Go on, my son!" the way I do when I see an England player weave his way through the opposition to get the ball to the opposition goal. Exactly the same, only different species.