What do you think came first?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well you certainly have covered everything twila. I will hard boil the egg first so if there is a crack it won't matter. The father 8O well its leghorn foghorn of course! The big question organic or free range? Both are two expensive and since I am just sending it to you, it will be one of those suspect chickens from the grocery store. Antibiotics 8O well its good enough for the farm salmon, makes the mutations go down easier.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It could always be tied in with the Asian Bird Flu..just a hint to get someone started. The Egg Marketing Board should be interested in this!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
good points! we could also squeeze in the square egg question. Why not square eggs, soon tomatoes will be square for easier packing, so naturally why not the egg.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
frankienstein food 8O Hey you got something going at your end with salmon. I read about it, gene munipulation for a hardy fish. When you grow the third eye than you can start worrying. :wink:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I'd never eat any fish that came from Saint John Harbour or the nearby river-about 60% of our toilets empty into the harbour!The farm salmon just hasn't got the taste that the wild variety has,but, can't afford salmon anyway!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
ewwww! farmed salmon. Yick! The things I could tell you about farmed salmon. Like....the pesticide they use for sea lice was approved for only a short period of time because testing its safety is not finished. The pesticide works on as a nuero toxin and destroys all sorts of other creatures in the water. Farmed salmon on average contain 2ppm or more PCB. 2ppm is the limit for safety set by the CFIA. Wild salmon has less then .01ppm Hard decision to make eh? They feed them fish meal full of antibiotics. and the flesh of farmed salmon is naturally grey. a colourant is in the feed. They decide what colour to make the salmon. I have a salmon fan (Salmofan) at work. Designer fish. Who would have thunk it?

Spring (Chinook) salmon are testing positive for PBDE (Fire retardant) The positive spin is that at least you won't accidentally burn your fish. The scarey part is that no tests have been done on what happens to living organisms that ingest PBDE's.
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/feebet/dioxe.shtml

GM fish are interesting. They grow twice as fast as their biologically natural siblings. Should be really interesting when they escape (and they will) we'll be able to watch first hand the devestation they'll reek on the environment as they cobble up everything in their path. They are more aggressive then non gm salmon.

pssst. I work in the seafood industry. Just say no to farmed salmon.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Right on Sister!!!!!!! Yikes and double yikes 8O You actually work in this industry. A salmonfan? What the ?????? I cannot believe that one 8O 8O 8O.
Oh boy I am grinding my teeth now, this topic makes me so mad :twisted: I visit the broughton archipelago whenever I can. What is going on there makes me sick!! You cannot believe the amount of fish farms in this beautiful place. They already have had a crash there because so many of the young salmon smolts have lice on them.
On prince edward island there is a company called Aqua Bounty, such nice people working on engineering the first generation of modified salmon raised in fish farms.
Real fish don't eat pellets!!!! Hey twila have you heard about the guy in Nanaimo, he has a closed loop system and is doing salmon. People who have tried it say its pretty good, I cannot bring myself to try it tho. At least with a closed loop system the wild stock is protected. I gotta quit now, I am grinding my teeth to much. :p :wink:
Hey twila I am sending you something in a pm on this matter. Remember make your day better by bugging a fish farmer :wink:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: What do you think came first?

Twila said:
is that the chicken had to have come first; or rather the organism that would one day evolve into the chicken...anyone care to disagree...

I'd like to disagree. And will do so. However. No big sticks allowed into this......discussion. (small reminder. I've no comma key and can't type correctly punctuated sentences)

Evolution took place in the egg. Not in the fully formed chicken. There fore it is the egg that came first.

Evolutionists agree that all life began as single cell, asexual protein cells...there was no egg involved in those days, and it was by the process of mitosis that the cells were replicated and produced two identical cells...it was through a few hundred million years of evolution that the chicken gained the ability to lay eggs...but that which evolved into a chicken was around long before that...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I can't believe so many people are silyl enough to ask the question: "What came first - the chicken or the egg?"

The answer is that NONE came first. Chickens evolved from creatures that lived millions of years ago (they evolved from reptiles and dinosaurs, as did all of today's birds), and birds' eggs evolved from the eggs of the lizards who over time evolved into chickens and birds and which were the world's first creatures to lay eggs with an eggshell, rather than having eggs that have a "jelly-like" surface.

It's like saying: "What came: the human or the womb?"

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com
peapod said:
Right on Sister!!!!!!! Yikes and double yikes 8O You actually work in this industry. A salmonfan? What the ?????? I cannot believe that one 8O 8O 8O.
Oh boy I am grinding my teeth now, this topic makes me so mad :twisted: I visit the broughton archipelago whenever I can. What is going on there makes me sick!! You cannot believe the amount of fish farms in this beautiful place. They already have had a crash there because so many of the young salmon smolts have lice on them.
On prince edward island there is a company called Aqua Bounty, such nice people working on engineering the first generation of modified salmon raised in fish farms.
Real fish don't eat pellets!!!! Hey twila have you heard about the guy in Nanaimo, he has a closed loop system and is doing salmon. People who have tried it say its pretty good, I cannot bring myself to try it tho. At least with a closed loop system the wild stock is protected. I gotta quit now, I am grinding my teeth to much. :p :wink:
Hey twila I am sending you something in a pm on this matter. Remember make your day better by bugging a fish farmer :wink:

I see in the natural food store here canned Salmon under the brand of "Rain Coast" from BC. It claims to be "wild" and "natural". Any info on it?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What do you think cam

www.raincoasttrading.com

There's all the info you need Elpolaco. It is in fact wild and from BC. It is illegal to sell farmed salmon as wild. Plus you can tell the difference.