What are you doing on this Labour Day long weekend?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Did you clear the whole lot?
The neighbours across the street bought the house that came complete with the brush pile…..which came from their next door neighbour from before they bought the house 2yrs ago.

It would have been cheaper (& less work) for the neighbours landlord to just throw it over the fence or haul it next door to the home for sale at the time than to haul it away himself.

Someone complained, the city gave them two weeks, they don’t drive or own a truck, have a 16 month old baby, & he’s got Parkinson’s disease. Here we are today.

I’ll have a full load on the back of my truck again that I will drive to work, & after work tomorrow evening before the dump closes, hopefully not in the rain, I will get rid of it, so the truck is empty for the last load.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The neighbours across the street bought the house that came complete with the brush pile…..which came from their next door neighbour from before they bought the house 2yrs ago.

It would have been cheaper (& less work) for the neighbours landlord to just throw it over the fence or haul it next door to the home for sale at the time than to haul it away himself.

Someone complained, the city gave them two weeks, they don’t drive or own a truck, have a 16 month old baby, & he’s got Parkinson’s disease. Here we are today.

I’ll have a full load on the back of my truck again that I will drive to work, & after work tomorrow evening before the dump closes, hopefully not in the rain, I will get rid of it, so the truck is empty for the last load.
Decent of you.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Decent of you.
Just what needed to be done. Times are tight for everybody, and Lord only knows what it would’ve cost if the city came out and did it, & then tacked it onto their property taxes. They are good people just trying to get by. Tough enough that they’re still struggling to try and learn English. I’ve only managed to learn about for Chinese words not related to food.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

To keep weeds from my yard I keep the rental next-door cut. In return I pick the apple tree clean and he brings me fish.

Reactions: Ron in Regina