United States Independence Day Quiz

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Independence Day Quiz

Independence Day Quiz

The 4th of July is the time when we celebrate our nation-- a time to reflect on the freedoms which we believe are not granted by our government, but are self-evident rights for all humankind. Time for the Independence Day Quiz which asks, "How much do you really know?" Every day thousands leave their homelands to settle here in the land of the free. Before they become citizens they are required to take a citizenship test and score 80%. Could you pass this test if you took it today? Our quiz is made up of 20 questions which were once used on the actual citizenship test. We've added a few curveballs-- The last ten questions may be a bit harder, but a score of around 24 out of 30 is considered a passing grade.
Before you start, we'd like to ask a few questions. The information you provide is anonymous and only used for the purposes of providing you with comparisons. Click here to see the comparisons.
Age:---Select Age Group---13 and Under14 - 18 (High School)19 - 2425 - 3435 - 4445 - 5455 - 6465+State/Province:---Select State/Province---AlaskaAlabamaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDistrict of ColumbiaDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming----- CANADA ----AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNova ScotiaNorthwest TerritoriesNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuébecSaskatchewanYukon
When you are ready to begin the quiz click Start

Rules
This is not a contest and no prizes will be granted for correct answers.
Send comments to games@toast.net59 71.
http://games.toast.net/independence/57.180

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
22 out of 30, not bad for someone who isn't very interested in US history. It was the constitutional amendments questions that mostly got me, that and I misread a couple.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I always thought American independence was a hoax. They are still controlled by the British aristocracy. They took over the opium trade and being the world police from the Brits. So I never bothered to learn any of that other stuff.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
22 out of 30, not bad for someone who isn't very interested in US history. It was the constitutional amendments questions that mostly got me, that and I misread a couple.
Very good.

I always thought American independence was a hoax. They are still controlled by the British aristocracy. They took over the opium trade and being the world police from the Brits. So I never bothered to learn any of that other stuff.
We took over nothing from the British as far as the opium trade is concerned, we just joined in with Great Briton like two buddies ought to, a fortune was made.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Does the site say how many permits they needed before they could post the quiz?

You aren't really anonymous when you state your location, nice quiz though. Was it out before the new blanket arrest law came into effect?

Any plans to come out with the financial history quiz that show how you where from having assets rather than debts and there was certainly no independence as far as that aspect of the relationship goes?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Thats the way it was for me too but I managed to sneak a couple extras in. 24 of 30.

Gonna have to brush up on my US Constitution, since my wife and son are American citizens :p

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Does the site say how many permits they needed before they could post the quiz?

You aren't really anonymous when you state your location, nice quiz though. Was it out before the new blanket arrest law came into effect?

Any plans to come out with the financial history quiz that show how you where from having assets rather than debts and there was certainly no independence as far as that aspect of the relationship goes?
Failed the test huh? :)

I failed. 20 out of 30

I would do no better if it was Canadian history. :)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
21/30, learned something too. I didn't know the US has no official language. How do you get around that awkwardness if someone speaks only Swahili?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What's the 'passing mark' for foreigners?
Regular foreigners? Or foreigners like yourself that babble on about the US incessantly?

You'd think the latter would have a fairly decent grasp of American history. Yet there you are.

England lost. The States lost. Canada, Brock, and Laura Secord won.
Thank gawd, cuz Laura makes good chocolate!

21/30, learned something too. I didn't know the US has no official language. How do you get around that awkwardness if someone speaks only Swahili?
Umbushi !, ! beelai.

Depends on one's calibre.
50?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My score was 29.

[/FONT]

Mine was 19, know a bit of history and geography, but nothing about amendments or very much about gov't. I did learn the U.S. has no official language! :smile:
Oh, and I got the stars and stripes bass ackwards.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
It can be hard depending where you go, unless the person speaking a foreign languager is in a court where a translator must be supplied.

Quoting Answers.com: "Almost 77% of Florida's residents speak English as their first language. Spanish is spoken by less than 17%. Other languages are French and Haitian Creole, German, Italian, Portuguese, Tagalog, Arabic, and Vietnamese."
Other States have their own mix of languages.

Mine was 19, know a bit of history and geography, but nothing about amendments or very much about gov't. I did learn the U.S. has no official language! :smile:
Oh, and I got the stars and stripes bass ackwards.
I got #23 wrong "which of these amendments is a ratified and current amendment? (one about importing liquor into States where it is illegal.)