Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: TTC tokens expiring?

FiveParadox said:
Yeah, I have never heard of these before.

Could someone grace us with a quick summary of their pupose?

You buy tokens and use them in lieu of cash at the fare box. Saves $$ if you buy in bulk.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Ah, I see; thank you, MMMike.

They sound somewhat like purchasing books of Faresaver tickets for Translink, here in British Columbia? In that case though, you receive tickets that are similar to the station- or terminal-purchased fare tickets, but they are less expensive if purchased in bulk.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
that's shocking!!!.....I've got loads of those in my pocket and I'm still in southampton lol

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You should put those on ebay....if that's legal.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I wonder how much I'd get.......not much I expect...they really are tiny....half the size of a penny

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Sassylassie said:
Sassy wiping away tears, what you guys in Torona can't afford a gas guzzling truck?

let's see at my work it costs over 200 dollars a month to park. about 200-300 a month for insurance if you are very lucky, case is about 92 cents and traffic is horrible... so yeah. lmao

jonathanleong

Apr 22, 2006
Toronto
Re: RE: TTC tokens expiring?

Finder said:
The real capital of Canada, or at least the only city which matters.

That's a little harsh. Maybe that's why other parts of Canada dislike people from Toronto?

About the tokens, I don't see how they can expire since they cannot be replaced by new tokens with a different chemical composition. If they did decide to replace tokens they would have to change all the automatic booths at every station.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I doubt they will be retiring tokens. They are still the quickest way to get into the system, especially when there are lineups at the farebox which last 10 minutes because someone is trying to count 2,50$ with pennies or buy x amount of tickets.

(Moved thread to Ontario Regional)