Trudeau looks to remake Canada's symbols in his Liberal image

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Bobby Orr changed the game .
Orr played in an era of ankle skaters. Ever watch the old footage? And Don Cherry (a former Boston coach) played a big hand in hyping up his legacy.

Gretzky hands down is up there with Ali, Woods, Nicklaus, Ruth, Secretariat...etc.

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Orr played in an era of ankle skaters. Ever watch the old footage? And Don Cherry (a former Boston coach) played a big hand in hyping up his legacy.

Gretzky hands down is up there with Ali, Woods, Nicklaus, Ruth, Secretariat...etc.
No doubt Gretzky was a great player saw him many times . Bobby Orr changed the defensive game . Prior to Orr defence was a purely positional . Check his stats compared to other defence men of his era .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Skates changed. Gretzky could have never skated in Orr's flat blade and shiity boot skates. The speed and agility is night and day on modern curved blade skates.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't know about all the other currency denominations, though I don't give a damn much whose mug should be on the obverse, as long as they achieved something all political stripes can honour, and of course, they should be dead. But what I'd like to see on a circulating five dollar coin, if they ever get around to it, is a whole killer whale on the obverse, and a zoom-in of its dorsal fin on the reverse so we can call it what it is - a fin! not the laplanding kind - they already have Rudolph on our quarters! (and not the lap dancing kind < "sorry Charlie, we want tuna that tastes good!")

:?P
I consider the one-colour, one-size money the dumbest thing the U.S. does.

Well, one of the dumbest.

One can hardly imagine a way one could set up the system more conveniently for error and fraud.

as far as other coinage goes, besides the 'fin', cuz that's my baby, all other coin denominations should show a monarch butterfly instead of Chuck the Turd on the obverse side.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
as far as other coinage goes, besides the 'fin', cuz that's my baby, all other coin denominations should show a monarch butterfly instead of Chuck the Turd on the obverse side.
I can honestly say it never occurred to us to put an old English person on our money. . .

Another dumb thing about the U.S. The one-dollar note (we also have two-dollar notes, but they're rare and no longer printed). The Treasury stated 20 years ago that replacing the one-dollar note with a coin would save $150 million a year (and that was 20 years ago). We launched a dollar coin, but it didn't take because we didn't stop printing the note.

We should stop minting pennies, start minting one-dollar and two-dollar coins, and phase in a five-dollar coin.

I volunteer to put my smiling mug on the fiver.

• Haha
Reactions: 55Mercury