Trudeau looks to remake Canada's symbols in his Liberal image

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trudeau looks to remake Canada's symbols in his Liberal image
The Trudeau Liberals want to paint your passport Liberal red and remake our national symbols in their image

Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Published May 04, 2023 • Last updated 2 days ago • 3 minute read

Is Justin Trudeau about to paint your Canadian passport Liberal red?

It’s one of the changes the Trudeau government is considering including dropping images such as Canada’s National Vimy Memorial in France or the portrait of the Fathers of Confederation from the pages of your passport.

Over the past few days, my Postmedia colleague John Ivison has been detailing the push to drop some symbols in favour of others. In addition to looking at changing the passport, the Trudeau Liberals are also using the coronation of King Charles III to unilaterally change Canada’s coat of arms.

The new design of the national coat of arms, which adorns the front of your passport, hasn’t been revealed yet. Ivison, though, has spoken to people who have seen the design and they tell him that it “replaces all Christian and religious symbols (crosses and fleur-de-lis) with maple leafs, snowflakes and stars.”

Have you heard that the government was looking to change so many national symbols at once? Have you been contacted by the government as part of a public consultation?

The current coat of arms has been in use since 1957 and was updated in the 1990s by the Chretien government to include the motto of the Order of Canada — Desiderantes Meliorem Patriam, ‘desiring a better country.’ The current coat of arms also includes the national motto, A Mari Usque Ad Mare, which is a biblical passage from Psalm 72:8 meaning ‘from sea to sea.’

If all religious symbols are being dropped, will that now be done away with? Will it be changed to the clumsier from sea, to sea, to sea, as some have called for?

What about the two crowns currently on the coat of arms? Both crowns have crosses on the top of them, does that mean they are removed as well?

Part of the impetus for changing the coat of arms was the decision by King Charles to use the Tudor cross atop his crown instead of the St. Edward cross that his late mother favoured. Will the Trudeau government simply eliminate the crowns all together to ensure there are no religious symbols?

It would seem these are questions Canadians should have answers to and should have some input on. It shouldn’t be up to the government of the day to change our national symbols to suit their needs or desires.

There are still a great many Canadians who feel that way about the national flag. Love it as I might, it shouldn’t be lost on anyone that Lester Pearson’s Liberal government adopted a flag that matched his party’s colours. After generations of Canada being represented with red, white and blue, the Liberals ensured their new flag in 1965 only featured red and white, just their party logo.

And now, the Liberals are at it again with changes to the coat of arms and passport. By the way, one of the proposed changes is switching the passport from the dark blue, almost black colour that it has been for decades to, you guessed it, Liberal red.

It’s utterly shameless that they would even consider this.

Critics will say the Conservatives did the same when they were in power, I’d argue they didn’t. While the passport changes they brought in did feature images of the military and Canada’s history, they also included images of Terry Fox, Nellie McClung, Pier 21, Niagara Falls, Quebec City, a Prairies wheat field, and the Bluenose.

The symbols of Canada belong to all Canadians, not to the Liberal Party who view themselves as Canada’s natural governing party.

If major symbols are going to be changed, the people should be consulted, not just the people who vote for, support and donate to Justin Trudeau and his Liberal Party.

blilley@postmedia.com

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Why. . . why. . . this is as bad as when he made half of the flag Liberal red!
He's no different than his daddy. Neither of them ran Canada for Canadians, they ran it for themselves, their cronies and Quebec. And in the younger's case it's fucking blatantly obvious. Everything Trudeau does is a vanity project or an attempt at a "legacy" and often times both. And I know you think I say this because I hate Trudeau because he's a leftist. Well, you're wrong because I had almost the same level of hate for Brian Mulroney. IN fact back then they used to have little Brian Mulroney dolls with a button that said "I ❤️ the GST" hanging from a noose that you could stick on your car window, and I had one.

So, before you decide to take another dig at me for being anti-Trudeau, my problem with Trudeau has little to do with his party association. Seriously, the goof is everything American Democrats accused Trump of being, and worse.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
He's no different than his daddy. Neither of them ran Canada for Canadians, they ran it for themselves, their cronies and Quebec. And in the younger's case it's fucking blatantly obvious. Everything Trudeau does is a vanity project or an attempt at a "legacy" and often times both. And I know you think I say this because I hate Trudeau because he's a leftist. Well, you're wrong because I had almost the same level of hate for Brian Mulroney. IN fact back then they used to have little Brian Mulroney dolls with a button that said "I ❤️ the GST" hanging from a noose that you could stick on your car window, and I had one.

So, before you decide to take another dig at me for being anti-Trudeau, my problem with Trudeau has little to do with his party association. Seriously, the goof is everything American Democrats accused Trump of being, and worse.
Yeah, but I was commenting on the article spam posted with the contard spazzing out over the color red being an offense to Truth, Justice, and the Canadian Way. That's pretty funny.

I don't give a fuck less who you vote for.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
turdOWE's version of Canada looks too much like communist China for me.
Taking religious symbols off any official document sis a good idea, since we have quite a few different cults in this country. Also removing anything that looks like a connection to the unelected foreign inbreds.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
turdOWE's version of Canada looks too much like communist China for me.
Taking religious symbols off any official document sis a good idea, since we have quite a few different cults in this country. Also removing anything that looks like a connection to the unelected foreign inbreds.
Then what remains? Batman? Elizabeth May? Solar panels?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't know about all the other currency denominations, though I don't give a damn much whose mug should be on the obverse, as long as they achieved something all political stripes can honour, and of course, they should be dead. But what I'd like to see on a circulating five dollar coin, if they ever get around to it, is a whole killer whale on the obverse, and a zoom-in of its dorsal fin on the reverse so we can call it what it is - a fin! not the laplanding kind - they already have Rudolph on our quarters! (and not the lap dancing kind < "sorry Charlie, we want tuna that tastes good!")

:?P

Last edited:

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
problem with living people is sometimes a truth comes out about some indiscretion or other, and then ya gotta burn all that money! lol
what a waste!

at least if they're dead a few decades everything about them would have been revealed by then.

I don't even like streets being named after the living.
One developer built a subdivision way back when and named the streets after his kids. Well didn't a few of those kids grow into perfect assholes. great now we got streets named after them!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
problem with living people is sometimes a truth comes out about some indiscretion or other, and then ya gotta burn all that money! lol
what a waste!

at least if they're dead a few decades everything about them would have been revealed by then.

I don't even like streets being named after the living.
One developer built a subdivision way back when and named the streets after his kids. Well didn't a few of those kids grow into perfect assholes. great now we got streets named after them!
That is why universities are being renamed . We wouldn’t want staunch defenders of native rights to have a school named after them . Just ask Ryerson’s ghost .

Reactions: Taxslave2

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
He wasn’t even the best hockey player of all time .

could be the world's best hockey player isn't even interested in skating

so... we may never know who that is!

The Mint should issue a one-time 99 dollar bill in Gretzky's honor. What a fitting tribute to arguably the greatest athlete of all time.

that's a good idea... until you realize the tax would bump it up to $112

:?D

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I really hope the Canadian Mint issues a 99 dollar coin when The Great One passes away. I might actually write a letter to our government suggesting this very thing.

Reactions: Taxslave2