Trickle of Illegal Immigrants into Canada Could Become Deluge in the Spring

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
From what I understand, they have to go back.

That's not what we're hearing. Get them across the border into Canada and BOOM... they are Canadian responsibility.

He is easy to ignore.

Without saying it again, the problem, as I see it, has to do with control. I believe it would be cheaper to keep them at a camp, with prefab or temporary bldgs like ATCO trailers, than to let them run loose. It will be easier to process any possible claimants, keep an eye on them so they don't get into trouble, and it keeps the Canadians away so there is no negative interaction.

I am not hopeful that the feds will do the right thing in a timely manner.

Like a detainment center? A refugee camp?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
He is easy to ignore.

Without saying it again, the problem, as I see it, has to do with control. I believe it would be cheaper to keep them at a camp, with prefab or temporary bldgs like ATCO trailers, than to let them run loose. It will be easier to process any possible claimants, keep an eye on them so they don't get into trouble, and it keeps the Canadians away so there is no negative interaction.

Oh my,,,,you got such great ideas, eh. Where were you the last 50 years we have been doing this?? Maybe you were still reading comic books like you are now.

Anymore great ideas bub?

Tell you what bub, how about we send you to Somalia and you can tell them how they should fix their sh^thole country eh.

I mean you got such great ideas eh

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That's not what we're hearing. Get them across the border into Canada and BOOM... they are Canadian responsibility.

Like a detainment center? A refugee camp?
That in itself is a problem. Jurisdictions. Lawyers will read the laws and argue their respective points. That will take time. In the meantime, We are stuck with illegals running loose. The wheels of bureaucracy are bogged down yet again.

I am not an immigration lawyer, but the crux could likely be who has to toss them back to the ME. They broke the law in the US first. If they leave that jurisdiction, are they sent back to the US or dealt with here? I haven't a clue.

This is a classic example of the law causing more problems than it solves.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
That in itself is a problem. Jurisdictions. Lawyers will read the laws and argue their respective points. That will take time. In the meantime, We are stuck with illegals running loose. The wheels of bureaucracy are bogged down yet again.

I am not an immigration lawyer, but the crux could likely be who has to toss them back to the ME. They broke the law in the US first. If they leave that jurisdiction, are they sent back to the US or dealt with here? I haven't a clue.

This is a classic example of the law causing more problems than it solves.
Oh, your smarter than an immigration lawyer, better ideas as well.

But yeah, I agree with you,,,you don't have a clue

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Don't forget, they will also fill our jails and courts

No they won't. Statistics prove immigrants arer less likely to commit crime. I get that being a trumpite, you don't understand this. Maybe it's just because you are racist

I'm quite fine with Canada taking in all the refugees and illegal immigrants the US doesn't want.

We need more people to pay for the system sucking seniors.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
No they won't. Statistics prove immigrants arer less likely to commit crime. I get that being a trumpite, you don't understand this. Maybe it's just because you are racist

Oh I see, another idiot.

Stats show that our jails are housing 7% Muslims. Canada is made up of about 5% muslims, so if our jails were proportionally represented, our jails would only be made up of 5% Muslims.

Better get your stats straight idiot eh

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
who built the country you now suck on the teat of

Built the country? What a silly thing to say.

Stats show that our jails are housing 7% Muslims. Canada is made up of about 5% muslims, so if our jails were proportionally represented, our jails would only be made up of 5% Muslims.

For starters, only an idiot would confuse "immigrant" and "Muslim".

Secondly, Maybe Christian churches should be do a better job converting inmates.

Thirdly, you're an idiot

http://https://qz.com/895624/how-much-crime-is-committed-by-immigrants/
...and racist

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The earth belongs to God and He gives it to whomever He pleases.

So the owner of a house is not given his property for his golden testes. God may drive him out of his property if he does not act well; so beware of God Almighty, you who do not fear of Him .. all of you are God's servants.

Speak for yourself retard.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
This clears up a few things. It would appear, paraphrased, that they are here and we will deal with them.

I hope Border Services is doing their job correctly. I hope they are recording that these illegal aliens are fleeing the US because they are fearful that the US is somehow dangerous to their well being. If that is their official reason for crossing into Canada, I suspect they will be tossed back to wherever they came from. As I said in an earlier post, the US is not on any lists of countries known to be a threat. For that reason, those claims will be denied.

There is still the lingering problem of how slowly the bureaucracy will move, and if immigration lawyers slow things down with questionable motions. It would be easier and cheaper to temporarily transfer an immigration court and staff to Manitoba and action these people toute suite.

It would also get the word out not to bother with entering the US and dashing to the CDN border. We may have a problem with illegal Mexicans doing this in the near future.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

There will be those that will complain that the refugees have places to live, while the homeless don't. No matter what solution, no matter how good, there are always people who find something to complain about. Complaining is easier then working towards a solution

Oh I see, another idiot.

Given that the a majority of prisoners are god botherers of one kind or another, maybe we should simply outlaw religion and keep all of canada safe?

course, as I learned not to long ago, being "religious" or find god while in prison helps parole. who'd have thunk it...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh I see, another idiot.

Link to prove your stats, idiot.

Aboriginal women represent 34.5 per cent of all women in prison, while aboriginal men represent 22.6 per cent of male prisoners. Aboriginal adults represent about three per cent of the total Canadian population.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Great article.

And the comments from Canadians... priceless.

From the original source of your photo:
A man runs for the border after taking his family's passports from a U.S. border patrol officer as he was detained after his family crossed the U.S.-Canada border into Hemmingford, Canada, from Champlain, N.Y. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi

The vigor in which the US Border Patrol Agent tried to stop him from crossing into Canada is so telling.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
The word 'illegal' says it all. 'Illegal' means against the law. Why are we welcoming people who break the law even as they enter the country? Our laws don't mean jack sxxt!.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The word 'illegal' says it all. 'Illegal' means against the law. Why are we welcoming people who break the law even as they enter the country? Our laws don't mean jack sxxt!.

Justin invited them... now they are coming.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
#FakeNews: CBC claims 2-year-old “refugee” said, “I want to die”

They’re coming to Canada to avoid deportation from the United States or just because Trudeau told them they could (despite laws that say they can’t.)

The state broadcaster ran an article with the headline, “I want to die,” 2-year-old refugee said during hours-long walk to Manitoba from U.S.

CBC wants us to believe that a 2-year-old baby not only has a concept of death, but a concept of nation states as sovereign entities that you would exit from and then enter into, and is so benevolent that he would lay down his little life so that his family could flee the terrible oppression of Minneapolis.

Oh, and the baby articulated his selfless thoughts in a full sentences.

How dumb does the CBC think Canadians are?

I have such empathy for these little children who are dragged out of a safe country to cross the border, illegally, in the freezing cold by their parents. It’s terrible.

But let’s not overlook what CBC is doing here:

Using their taxpayer funded platform to lie to you and publish fake news.

#FakeNews: CBC claims 2-year-old

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
ES, make up some lifetimes passes s to 'The Last Ride Water Park and Crematorium' Greenview Country, AB,CND. and find some buyers. 3 sq mi of south facing river valley that is 300ft deep. Broadband is part of the fire-tower network so it is a free service. (smoke jumpers are the primary users. Drone development is also high on the 'hobby list' as are 'zip lines' for valley and river crossings.
Also free is the chance to travel down a one-way road that is officially know as Secondary Highway 666 on g00gle maps. 120 miles later it just disappears or at least nobody really knows what happens past that point unless you can talk to the moose. Thunder Ridge is where the snioer rifle range is and the distances to targets are measured in km's.
Need I say more?
Did I mention the RailRoad is the only road for about 100km?

The swamp next door has lots of business potential if leaving something for the grandkids is part of the plan. The latest addition would be a medical grow op that is cargo containers made waterproof and sunk in the swamp in the right spot and the water would be the year round heating and cooling requirements. CO2 from the gen sets would help the plants and cross-breeding would be very easy. Growing hemp could be done by the floating moss act as the root holder and harvest in the winter when the ground is frozen. Freezing and thawing wold be a benefit when fiber is the desired harvest. There must be about 100 strains of medical grade pot already. A 'sunken lab' would also be impossible to break into without being noticed.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
OTTAWA — As desperate asylum seekers continue to flee the Trump administration’s immigration crackdown by crossing into Canada, concern is growing here over whether the country will be able to cope if the number of migrants keeps growing.

You better be able to cope... Spring is Coming.

*snicker*

That's ok Canada will take them all and when Canada has enough, they invade the US using them as the front line. It's all a part of Operation Freedom Fries.