Trans Lives Matter protesters occupy Oklahoma Capitol building (but when trump supporters do it then it's an insurrection)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

So the state wants to prevent youths from having permanent gender surgeries and treatments till they're older and the transactivists feel a child of any age should be able to make that kind of permanent life altering decisions.

At least the republicans make reasonable concessions. "Hey, we're not saying never, just wait till you're an adult and can make decisions."

whereas the dems are like "If you're old enough to walk, you're old enough to cut your culture-based gender.

Why do we recognize that children aren't old enough to choose their bedtime but insist they're old enough to choose to medically alter their sex?

Reactions: Taxslave2

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Whoa, whoa, whoa.............I thought only BLM people had the right to say who's lives matter......Wassup?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So the state wants to prevent youths from having permanent gender surgeries and treatments till they're older and the transactivists feel a child of any age should be able to make that kind of permanent life altering decisions.
Well, to be fair, we made some life-altering decisions (and potentially life-ending decisions) when we were just sprouts. . .

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
And, ironically, half the illegal stuff you did is probably legal now.

80% in BC.
Not really. In bc it was barely illegal to smoke dope - but you could pretty much do it anywhere. Now - it's legal to smoke dope but it's pretty much illegal to smoke anything in 90 percent of the province. Can't smoke in most apartment buildings now and they're thinking of making that manditory, can't smoke in most plublic places, etc etc.

We sure as hell ain't gaining freedoms.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not really. In bc it was barely illegal to smoke dope - but you could pretty much do it anywhere. Now - it's legal to smoke dope but it's pretty much illegal to smoke anything in 90 percent of the province. Can't smoke in most apartment buildings now and they're thinking of making that manditory, can't smoke in most plublic places, etc etc.

We sure as hell ain't gaining freedoms.
Oh, you poor, stupid child.

You never get freedoms. If it's a "freedom," it's a permission from the government, rescindable at any time (without notice).

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Oh, you poor, stupid child.

You never get freedoms. If it's a "freedom," it's a permission from the government, rescindable at any time (without notice).
Well we never get permission from the gov't to do anything so it would seem you're correct then, we never do get freedoms :)

Also, was the first sentance and the second two connected or was that just a random insult? Sometimes it's hard to tell with you... And final note i might LOOK poor but i've got 15 years worth of refundable pop bottles in the big shed so i'm actually deposit-rich! (i call it my plastic pension!)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well we never get permission from the gov't to do anything so it would seem you're correct then, we never do get freedoms :)

Also, was the first sentance and the second two connected or was that just a random insult? Sometimes it's hard to tell with you... And final note i might LOOK poor but i've got 15 years worth of refundable pop bottles in the big shed so i'm actually deposit-rich! (i call it my plastic pension!)
Cool beans. Yeah, the first sentence was insulting, but the intent was ironic, not a personal shot.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
By the way, what would you call storming a building with the stated intention of interrupting legitimate government business, murdering the Vice-President of the United States, and continuing in office a president who had lost the election according to the laws and Constitution?

If you don't like "insurrection," will "attempted coup" suffice?

Or are you still stuck on "normal tourist visit" with "legitimate political discourse?"

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
In the US, isn’t that called Tuesday? By the way, how did all those freaks on January 6 show up unarmed in a nation with the highest per capita Pew-Pew 6-Shooters anywhere anyway?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
By the way, what would you call storming a building with the stated intention of interrupting legitimate government business, murdering the Vice-President of the United States, and continuing in office a president who had lost the election according to the laws and Constitution?
At this point, fiction :) It never happened. And it was never going to happen. Seriously did you honestly think that somehow they could just demand trump was president and that was it? Even if they HAD murdered Pence, which they absolutely did not, democracy would not have been threatened in the slightest. There is no scenario where they get to take over the gov't just by storming a building.

But they did occupy a building. Like these guys.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I didn't say they were competent, just traitors.
Well they're not traitors. Traitors is when you help an enemy nation, not when you try to take over the gov't. Insurrection? well, that's closer but they didn't really want to take over the gov't as i understand it, they felt that trump legitimately won. An insurrection is where you attempt to overthrow a lawful gov't, if they don't think it's a lawful gov't then it's not quite the right word. Rebels would be closer still, refusing to accept the legitmacy of an established gov't to rule for various reasons. But honestly if you want something most accurate i'd just go with morons.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well, to be fair, we made some life-altering decisions (and potentially life-ending decisions) when we were just sprouts. . .

To be fair, I don't think the actual article was read before posting. Cause sure it's talking about 'youth', but apparently youth now extends to mean anyone up to age 26.

Cause "mental maturity" is now an excuse to prevent choice.

And other stuff that isn't practised, but I'm sure people will say it is.

Or are you still stuck on "normal tourist visit" with "legitimate political discourse?"

Course there were huge differences between this - an actual, peaceful protest - and Jan 6, but don't let those facts get in the way of anything. :D

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Course there were huge differences between this - an actual, peaceful protest - and Jan 6, but don't let those facts get in the way of anything
But we were assured by the left that the difference between jan 6 and other similar protests, such as the violent black lives matter protests, was the capture of a gov't building. That it was the seizing of the building itself that made them 'traitors' and 'insurgents' rather than protesters.

So is the REAL difference that you sympathize with these people and their rights but just don't like the other ones? Is that the difference in the minds of the left between 'insurrection' and 'protest'? Because that would be pretty sad.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Who was planning to murder the Vice President of those there not so United States ?