Tipping - Is it out of control?

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I went to pick up my pizza tonight and when I went to pay the first option that came up was a tip?

What am I tipping for?

I'm picking it up.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I went to pick up my pizza tonight and when I went to pay the first option that came up was a tip?

What am I tipping for?

I'm picking it up.
Your choice , but if you used cash like historically was the norm you wouldn’t have this problem .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If you're in a Really Bad Mood you can 'accidentally' drop the machine on the floor, make the staff pick it up and make them find the No Tip option.
Or you could use a pocket full of nickel and dimes .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Or you could use a pocket full of nickel and dimes .
As long as the transaction is less than $100 or so up here in the land of the free & the home of the brave.

(7) It is illegal to make purchases using too many coins.​

Got a pocketful of change and a craving for some poutine? Well, before you start counting out those pennies, dimes, and nickels, you should know that Canada’s Currency Act has some limits in place. You can use up to 25 pennies, 100 nickels, 100 dimes, 40 quarters, 25 loonies, and 20 toonies in a single transaction. Any more than that, and you might just see a vendor’s eyebrows raise as they kindly decline your mountain of coins. So, leave the piggy bank at home and stick to the legal limits, or risk being the “change” no one wants to see.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Dont pet strange dogs.

Swim with a buddy.

Stick to a 3 month 3000km 30 point maintenance plan.

Always buy flight insurance.

Eat healthy.

Wear white when jogging at night.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

What am I tipping for?

I'm picking it up.
When you're picking up, you're tipping the staff of the restaurant. Or possibly the management/owners.

Tip or don't, in the amount you wish.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh Christ, I'm hearing budtenders whining that they don't make tips. Ya know, because it's so much work and effort to go into the back to grab your stash.