The only thing decent at Tim Hortons anymore is...

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The apple fritter.

There.

I've said it and I don't care who knows.
Barely. We have a bakery in town makes far better ones,
The apple fritters used to be much better at Tim Hortons… but I wouldn’t turn one down at this point. The coffee has always been nasty there, though.
Quite a number of years ago, they had good coffee. Then some marketing genius decided to change suppliers to save a penny. Rotten ronnies then bought the rights to the coffee Tim's used to have. Now rotten ronnies has decent coffee, but nothing eatable to go with it.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The problem is that many towns don't have bakeries.
Can't swear to this, but last time I was up in Stratford, the lady running the hotel told me the difference is Timmie's don't make the pastries in the back anymore. Gets shipped in by truck.

That'd make sense to me. I call the the McDonaldization of Timmie's.

Reactions: Taxslave2

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Can't swear to this, but last time I was up in Stratford, the lady running the hotel told me the difference is Timmie's don't make the pastries in the back anymore. Gets shipped in by truck.
It's true.

Apparently they get made, frozen, shipped to the store, and re-heated by some sort of infra red heater, and then icing put on it.

They're still decent but not AS good as they were.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

That'd make sense to me. I call the the McDonaldization of Timmie's.
That happened close to 20 years ago. My DiL went from making dounuts in Kelowna to putting pre cooked ones into the air friar to finish them. At least now they are consistently not that good.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Used to work there and worked night shift which was when the stuff was baked/decorated. I did enjoy the job, but am not sad that I got fired :LOL:
I don't think they made them in the store anymore do they? I thought I heard from one of my friends that everything arrives frozen now..??? That's likely why quality has fallen.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Today a co-worker came into work with an apple fritter for me.

She bought a Boston cream as well but when she pulled the donuts out of the bag the chocolate of the BC stuck to the side of the bag and peeled off so she had no chocolate left.

D@MN YOU TIMMY HO!

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2