The Economy, Stupid

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The European economy, hobbled by unfamiliar weakness in Germany, is barely growing. China is struggling to recapture its sizzle. And Japan continues to disappoint.

But in the United States, it’s a different story. Here, despite lingering consumer angst over inflation, the surprisingly strong economy is outperforming all of its major trading partners.

Article

Don't worry. Trump'll fix that.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The European economy, hobbled by unfamiliar weakness in Germany, is barely growing. China is struggling to recapture its sizzle. And Japan continues to disappoint.

But in the United States, it’s a different story. Here, despite lingering consumer angst over inflation, the surprisingly strong economy is outperforming all of its major trading partners.

Article

Strangely enough that might be a good idea.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Article

Ya, he'll make it better just like he did before Biden screwed it all up! It'll be interesting though cuz I don't know that Trump will win. I'm sure there'll be Shenanigans just like in 2020.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ya, he'll make it better just like he did before Biden screwed it all up! It'll be interesting though cuz I don't know that Trump will win. I'm sure there'll be Shenanigans just like in 2020.
Yeah, a growing economy is "screwing up."

The numbers are clear. And irrelevant to slobbering MAGAhats.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
The big % in growth relates to a small % of companies. Too much centralized power is no good

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
From the information I'm getting & reading, the economy sucks but whatever.
Youre right, it sucks. If you want pizza or bullshit about being a lawyer then hes your guy

6 tech giants doing very very well are skewing the overall numbers. It was 7 but Tesla took a kick in the nuts in Q3.

The other 494 in the S&P 500 are losing money.

Screenshot_20240130_052848_Finance.jpg Chart is fresh from today.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Youre right, it sucks. If you want pizza or bullshit about being a lawyer then hes your guy

6 tech giants doing very very well are skewing the overall numbers. It was 7 but Tesla took a kick in the nuts in Q3.

The other 494 in the S&P 500 are losing money.

View attachment 20944 Chart is fresh from today.
Just 7 companies are carrying the S&P 500 in 2023

AuthorBrian Scheid
ThemeReal EstateBankingFintechInsurance
Big Tech is largely fueling the S&P 500's positive performance in 2023, with investors buying just seven stocks and selling pretty much everything else.

Those seven stocks — Apple Inc., Alphabet Inc., Meta Platforms Inc. Microsoft Corp., NVIDIA Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Tesla Inc. — have seen significant gains after a bleak 2022, and the collective gains have kept the S&P 500 in positive territory in 2023, with the overall index rising about 7% since the start of the year. Without these seven stocks, which make up nearly 26% of the large-cap index's total weight, the S&P 500 would be down 0.8% on the year, through May 16.

Reactions: Twin_Moose