Sitting in the dark…wishing I had a cup of hot coffee…

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Woke up early….eventually rolled out of bed about 5:30am today. Poured myself a cup of leftover coffee & set the microwave for 60 seconds while I was setting up the pot to make a fresh 12 cups…

Before that 60 seconds elapsed…the power shut down. Oh well…& that was over an hour ago. Peaceful & quiet…
1689166006639.png
1689166038920.png
That’ll teach me to run the microwave oven & the coffee pot at the same time!

Thank God (or a Deity of your choice) that we’re not all trying to charge our electric cars at the same time overnight this point. 😁 Something about a Pole being damaged.

My place of employment appears to be just outside of this outage area….but then, so is my home. According to the map I have power.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Woke up early….eventually rolled out of bed about 5:30am today. Poured myself a cup of leftover coffee & set the microwave for 60 seconds while I was setting up the pot to make a fresh 12 cups…

Before that 60 seconds elapsed…the power shut down. Oh well…& that was over an hour ago. Peaceful & quiet…
View attachment 18717
View attachment 18718
That’ll teach me to run the microwave oven & the coffee pot at the same time!

Thank God (or a Deity of your choice) that we’re not all trying to charge our electric cars at the same time overnight this point. 😁 Something about a Pole being damaged.

My place of employment appears to be just outside of this outage area….but then, so is my home. According to the map I have power.
All good here.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Cold coffee is all the rage these days.

I take it you don't have a can of sterno and a coffeepot? Or did you just want to whimper about EVs?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Green Energy
Another 30 seconds before the power went out and I would’ve had a hot cup of coffee. Oh well.

Map says I’m good though.
1689167963724.png
Seriously hoping we have power at work though because a transport office without power isn’t very productive.
Cold coffee is all the rage these days.

I take it you don't have a can of sterno and a coffeepot? Or did you just want to whimper about EVs?
I have a propane BBQ if push came to shove, but I’m sipping my cold black coffee and just enjoying the silence…& I enjoy whimpering about EV’s.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Seriously hoping we have power at work though because a transport office without power isn’t very productive.

I have a propane BBQ if push came to shove, but I’m sipping my cold black coffee and just enjoying the silence…& I enjoy whimpering about EV’s.
Ruining my perception of the Men of Westernesse here.

I kinda thought you'd just step out the back, clearcut a couple of hundred acres, and brew up in an iron coffeepot over a wood fire.

What would Fraser think?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I kinda thought you'd just step out the back, clearcut a couple of hundred acres, and brew up in an iron coffeepot over a wood fire.

What would Fraser think?
Fraser would be like Pete and go for breakfast pizza at the Serb. Free coffee.

20230712_082459.jpg

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

What would Fraser think?
Clear cut the prairie? 100 years ago I could’ve collected enough buffalo chips, but in today’s day and age, I just am not going to make coffee over fresh dog droppings. 😳. Yes i’ve got that coffee pot you’re picturing in the garage. 😉
1689182101914.jpeg
…. but haven’t needed it since last year about this time…
1689182143096.jpeg
…& yes, those were some damn find sausages.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But the North and the South get all the press. Why does nobody go on an epic voyage to the East Pole? Which mythical immortal gift-giving being lives at the West Pole?
Clear cut the prairie? 100 years ago I could’ve collected enough buffalo chips, but in today’s day and age, I just am not going to make coffee over fresh dog droppings. 😳. Yes i’ve got that coffee pot you’re picturing in the garage. 😉
View attachment 18723
…. but haven’t needed it since last year about this time…
View attachment 18724
…& yes, those were some damn find sausages.
Smokies from Big Boobs on Hwy 6N?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Raw pork sausages…. Barbecued over an open flame inside of a semi trailer rim (cuz it’s 2015-ish)…. Then Lisa was still fishing, so I mixed some barbeque sauce and water together to create a Light Broth…so they could sit and stay warm and have marble cheese Melt on top of them until she was ready to eat.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Clear cut the prairie? 100 years ago I could’ve collected enough buffalo chips, but in today’s day and age, I just am not going to make coffee over fresh dog droppings. 😳.
Waaah waaah waaah. Ain't but a couple of hundred miles and a mountain range or two to prime hardwood.
Yes i’ve got that coffee pot you’re picturing in the garage. 😉
Yeah, that's the problem Real Canadians don't have garages. They have sheds.

Reactions: Ron in Regina