Should the CBC stop being funded by the gov't?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I used to be a supporter, but now I think it's time to cut em free.
Agreed. There was a time when government funding was needed to provide the broadest possible coverage of a very thinly-scattered population.

Those days are behind us. I wouldn't advise shutting it down, but I'd say "Run free, little CBC! Oh, and by the way, pay your own way too."

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
You prefer Taylor Swift every ten minutes? You really should sit this one out.
Never listen to her. You ever been stuck for three weeks in a place where CBC is the only thing you can get? Totally irrelevant to life on the BC coast. And know that this is your tax dollars being pissed away like this?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Never listen to her. You ever been stuck for three weeks in a place where CBC is the only thing you can get? Totally irrelevant to life on the BC coast. And know that this is your tax dollars being pissed away like this?
Of course. What do you think is airing right now on the Island? Something from Toronto or something being broadcast a few KM from your home?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
It's how I started with Coronation Street.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No local news, weather or programming.

Most places? Do you have any idea how limited and expensive bandwidth in the North is?
Nope , I know between population Centers there is little coverage . Having music etc to listen to helps .