Saskmas

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
Well its officially christmas, my house is now surrounded by gawdy blue lights. Its odd but the older I get the more I hate christmas, and i'm not even old. I even catch myself saying things like 'those damn kids'.

Man do I ever hate those chrismas carols.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Do you have to do a tour, Papachongo. I used to start in Regina, go to Saskatoon, then hit each of the farms, then go back to Regina.

The most memorable was when I borrowed an ancient Meteor with a roll-down back window to make the trip in. The damned window kept rolling itself down for the whole trip. The last 90 miles was pure white-out blizzard conditions, and I was creeping along at 10 mph, so the car filled up with snow.

Fortunately, I had beer. :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey Rev,

I once had an American tell me there was no such thing as a Ford Meteor, or a Monarch for that matter. Either one, in good shape, would be worth money today.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: Saskmas

Reverend Blair said:
Do you have to do a tour, Papachongo. I used to start in Regina, go to Saskatoon, then hit each of the farms, then go back to Regina.

The most memorable was when I borrowed an ancient Meteor with a roll-down back window to make the trip in. The damned window kept rolling itself down for the whole trip. The last 90 miles was pure white-out blizzard conditions, and I was creeping along at 10 mph, so the car filled up with snow.

Fortunately, I had beer. :)

:beer:
ahhhhh, Rev. the days gone by , when drinking and driving was socially acceptable!!! I drove thru a couple of those storms with my not so sober parents at the wheel. Somehow we made it!!!
You better watch out Papachongo, or you may have the spirit of Christmas, showing up on the 24th. He'll get all Jacob Marley on you which could get heavy, you know with all those chains and stuff. Then he'd have keep you up all night to show you a bunch of stuff, you already know. ( dEEP dOWN).
Chin up, and from me to you cheers and have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
:reindeer:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I loved that car and wanted to buy it. It wasn't in good shape...just a beater...but it wasn't too rusty and all the parts were there. The reason I didn't buy it is because it got driven over by a front-end loader. :-(

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
You better watch out Papachongo, or you may have the spirit of Christmas, showing up on the 24th. He'll get all Jacob Marley on you which could get heavy, you know with all those chains and stuff.

Thats all I need now, a couple of stalkers with a chain fetish. My thought is you really have to have a fetish to understand them. reminds me of this guy I knew, he had this thing for tiny feet. I'd catch him looking at womens feet all day long. go figure. But I guess having christmas instead of having thanksgiving as the big holiday is a little better. at least I don't feel guilty about taking the native's land on christmas.

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
i once drove all the way to texas in a 89 ford tempo i bought from a friends dad for 1000 bucks.... the plans was to get as far as we could and then if the car broke down we had enough cash for the fly back. we got a little chicken at the mexico border though...bunch of white guys and a broked down car in mexico....scarrry

we actualy made it all the way back to calgary too, driving through the 100degree heat down in the US...now that was a fricken trip... and to drive to an isolated spot in the desert and lay there drinkin beer all afternoon under a cloudless blue sky is priceless...

wish we had some deserts in Canada though...i hear around kamloops in BC there is a desert?

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
haha that cool, who woulda though a desert in the middle of Manitoba. And the Yukon would be cool except you probably would not be able to get a scorching tan. Even the Alberta badlands around Drumheller kinda look like one.......but I like the ones in the south where the temps are regularly exceeding 100 and there is no clouds in sight. One of the coolest towns I have been to in the desert was Reno cause it is not too big, its the perfect beer pitstop.

I prefer dry heat over the humid heat anyday. :wink: