Pride Flag

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This was spurred by new legislation out of New Brunswick that would require schools to obtain the consent of parents when children under the age of 16 wish to change their names or pronouns.

Even those who disagree with this new law must admit labelling its opponents as far right is unnecessarily inflammatory and very likely counterproductive. Especially when a new SecondStreet national poll reports 57 per cent of Canadians agree educators should inform parents about students who wish to change their gender or pronouns.

Dismissing more than half of Canadians as far-right and cruel, with the clear implication that they’re also transphobic, isn’t just ludicrous, it’s dangerous.

Trudeau’s careless insults will only inflame tensions further and risk poorer outcomes for trans people in the process. They also muddy the waters about true threats posed by the real far right, and threaten to push people towards more extreme stances than they otherwise would’ve taken.

It is not unreasonable, let alone a sign of cruelty, for parents to have concerns about the sudden wave of secrecy endorsed by schools across the country about a core part of their children’s identity.

It’s not unreasonable, never mind far right, that parents are upset that schools now treat them as inherent risks to their kids, when the reality is most support and love them unconditionally.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I’m getting ready for work so my time is limited, but this looks interesting & debatable.
Colby highlights one of the biggest problems with the pride thing. If you don't go all out for pride parades, you are obviously homophobic. Now, I tend to avoid any parades, so does this make me CISphobic? Or just someone that has better things to do with my time.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Hmm. . . should it worry me that I agree with Dix?

And no, I don't believe in parents' rights above all. The state has a legitimate interest in the health and safety of children that can override clearly dangerous beliefs or conduct by parents.
Like the State that took native kids from their parents and put them in residential schools far away from their community? Is that your version of legitimate state interest? Who overrides clearly dangerous state beliefs?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Agreed. Which does NOT mean I'll agree with you on whether a given event or practice "endangers" a child.

But when the event or practice is a major change to the kid's biochem and/or anatomy absent a clear danger to the kid, the state has an interest that overrides that of the parents or the kid.
Unfortunately, a change in government could change what the state deems in the best interest of the child.
Now I don't much care what consenting adults do with each other, but when adults with an abnormal agenda start forcing their agenda on kids, or even demanding other adults go along with their lifestyle choices, there is a problem.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Unfortunately, a change in government could change what the state deems in the best interest of the child.
I feel ya, bro. Look what our Supreme Court did with the case of Jesus v. Women.
Now I don't much care what consenting adults do with each other, but when adults with an abnormal agenda start forcing their agenda on kids, or even demanding other adults go along with their lifestyle choices, there is a problem.
Yep. That's when the state (should) step in.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Big time problem!!!!!

Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
This was spurred by new legislation out of New Brunswick that would require schools to obtain the consent of parents when children under the age of 16 wish to change their names or pronouns.

Even those who disagree with this new law must admit labelling its opponents as far right is unnecessarily inflammatory and very likely counterproductive. Especially when a new SecondStreet national poll reports 57 per cent of Canadians agree educators should inform parents about students who wish to change their gender or pronouns.

Dismissing more than half of Canadians as far-right and cruel, with the clear implication that they’re also transphobic, isn’t just ludicrous, it’s dangerous.

Trudeau’s careless insults will only inflame tensions further and risk poorer outcomes for trans people in the process. They also muddy the waters about true threats posed by the real far right, and threaten to push people towards more extreme stances than they otherwise would’ve taken.

It is not unreasonable, let alone a sign of cruelty, for parents to have concerns about the sudden wave of secrecy endorsed by schools across the country about a core part of their children’s identity.

It’s not unreasonable, never mind far right, that parents are upset that schools now treat them as inherent risks to their kids, when the reality is most support and love them unconditionally.

Trudeau's calling parents who disagree with what the idiot Higgs has done "Far Right" is just as stupid.

It's IGNORANT, and IDIOTIC, but not far right. (though it could be in tandem with other far right ideas, depending on the person)

Thankfully there are enough parents in NB who actually think Higgs was WRONG on this that it might change in the future.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Colby highlights one of the biggest problems with the pride thing. If you don't go all out for pride parades, you are obviously homophobic. Now, I tend to avoid any parades, so does this make me CISphobic? Or just someone that has better things to do with my time.

Nah, that's not what happens if you don't go all out for Pride parades. It's just what idiots want you to think.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well that's not what is going on with 713 but sure, keep parroting your ignorance.

Also, what's "Abnormal"?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nah, that's not what happens if you don't go all out for Pride parades. It's just what idiots want you to think.
I’m admittedly on the outside, looking in so ignorant on the topic.

Justin sure alluded to PP being against the whole thing ‘cuz he worked late the night before the parade on budgetary matters, & missed going to it. Trudeau sure made a point of pointing that out a few times now.

(I didn’t go to our local Pride Parade, or any other parade for that matter for years now)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I’m admittedly on the outside, looking in so ignorant on the topic.

Justin sure alluded to PP being against the whole thing ‘cuz he worked late the night before the parade on budgetary matters, & missed going to it. Trudeau sure made a point of pointing that out a few times now.

(I didn’t go to our local Pride Parade, or any other parade for that matter for years now)

I don't attend Pride parades either. Or anything GLBTQIA+ during June. I just can't be arsed to, honestly.

Ugh; Justin needs to STFU; seriously.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I went to a Pride parade a few years ago to support a female friend who is a police officer.

They didn't have enough officers available so I volunteered to drive the the police truck while officers walked behind and handed out toys to kids.

At one point 2 white women and a white guy at the side of the parade holding up a black-lives-matter banner ran up to the car and spat on me in the car.

Then a bunch of guys in drag pulled them off the parade route.

Pride parades be happenin'!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I went to a Pride parade a few years ago to support a female friend who is a police officer.

They didn't have enough officers available so I volunteered to drive the the police truck while officers walked behind and handed out toys to kids.

At one point 2 white women and a white guy at the side of the parade holding up a black-lives-matter banner ran up to the car and spat on me in the car.

Then a bunch of guys in drag pulled them off the parade route.

Pride parades be happenin'!

One of the stupidest things they did for Pride parades was kick the cops and cop support out.

Another reason I don't go to Pride parades; the politics.