Pickering: Sespool of Humanity

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
You think that is a cesspool?

Some places I've lived, one in particular, I've seen a cop steal things unattended.

Summ3rDaze

Jun 13, 2007
Scarberia
Criminals abound. My dh works for a large multinational company in Toronto where the employees all make in the 6 figures. Even though they can certainly afford to buy the stuff themselves, employees steal from each other all the time. Laptops, briefcases, you name it, if it's not tied down - it's gone.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I guess I probably have myself to blame. But it happened so fast.

I was at a Pickering McDonalds with my son and his best friend. While they were playing I was doing Sudukos on my Palm. Then my son's best friend had to go pee. He took about 1 minute. I stupidly left the Palm on the table. Of course when I came back, it was gone. Any number of suspects. No evidence. I have left stuff on McDonalds tables before. I guess I mistakenly assumed that people are generally honest.

Given that the piece of hardware will be useless once the battery wears out I am not sure what value the thief got. And for that model, if its still available, is probably under $100. But it just kind of makes me pissed at humanity in general. I blame myself for being stupid to trust anybody and Pickering. Nothing good ever came from Pickering.

End rant.

:roll: Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
Don't beat yourself up, **** happens and so do mistakes. Crime is everywhere.
Look on the bright side,now you have a excuse to upgrade!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
:roll: Now that was an idiotic thing to do!! I don`t give a **** if it were in some filthy rich neighborhood McD`s. Leaving that kind of expensive crap around for the taking shows just how dumb (gullible?) some people can be.

Dougie-doo...tis a dog-eat-dog world out there boy. I hope your son learned something from that move. *sheesh*

Thanx for pointing out the obvious. You are so sensitive at times I am truly touched. I certainly won't repeat my mistake.

They boy doesn't know. There really was no need to spoil his night too.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
About a year ago I was at a McDonalds with my daughter. I had a digital camera with me. When we went out the car I realized I forgot it. When I went back it was gone. I asked the staff. Nothing. About 3 months after that, I was there when the manager asked me if I ever found the camera, because they had one in his lost and found. It was my camera.

I have forgotten my stuff at a Scarb McDs and gone back and got it 1 hour later with no issues. I realize now I was just lucky. I talked to the manager but there was not much he could do. The security camera did not reach over to my table.