Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Canadian companies are cranking out heaps of ammo, tech, communications and heavy on logistics both airforce and contract haulers. We're flying shit in like crazy.

Dont be fooled by what appears to be little.
I know one of the ammo manufacturers was planning on opening shop in Ukraine

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We can't afford to because he crashed our GDP over the reduction of Oil, Gas, and mineral production in the name of climate change. Also by stripping our military of any abundance in arms stockpiled, we could have easily reached out to the Eastern European countries and bought up their armor sitting same as France and Germany did, isn't it embarrassing that Australia is sending more arms than us in the aid of Ukraine.

Well, again, I don't think we're sending enough to Ukraine.

What do you say, though, to those who are demanding we stop helping Ukraine, because we can't handle it, afford it, etc? Because honestly, they're right, we can't.

I'm sure you'd get people wondering why helping Ukraine is okay, but helping other nations is not when it's all falling under "helping anyone but Canadians" that a lot of the Con types like to get angsty about.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well, again, I don't think we're sending enough to Ukraine.

What do you say, though, to those who are demanding we stop helping Ukraine, because we can't handle it, afford it, etc? Because honestly, they're right, we can't.

I'm sure you'd get people wondering why helping Ukraine is okay, but helping other nations is not when it's all falling under "helping anyone but Canadians" that a lot of the Con types like to get angsty about.
We were in every major event except Iraqi freedom, Our peacekeepers were in every UN monitored war zone until the Somalia incident Ukraine hits home for over 5% of our population, last census had 1.5% of our population still claiming to be Ukrainian. Tis a little different

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We were in every major event except Iraqi freedom, Our peacekeepers were in every UN monitored war zone until the Somalia incident Ukraine hits home for over 5% of our population, last census had 1.5% of our population still claiming to be Ukrainian. Tis a little different

I agree, it is.

But the times are different than those previous instances too.

I know I'm playing Devil's advocate here but TM, normally you'd be all over this and demanding Canada pull back from external involvement because we "Can't afford it" or some other excuse.

So why does Ukraine get a pass? Just because they have a small population located in Canada?

(again, Devil's advocate; We haven't done enough, we need to do more and personally the Russian war against Ukraine is one of the most important conflicts in the world right now that needs to get resolved with Russia getting the frig out and maybe Vlad dead from being pushed out a window or something)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
IMG_20221108_151102_840.jpg

Poland to help Ukraine adapt Su-24 bombers to carry NATO Storm Shadow missiles

Storm Shadow is an air-to-ground cruise missile. It can be used at any time of the day, in adverse weather conditions, and when the enemy uses electronic countermeasures, it is invisible to radars.

🇺🇦 Ukraine Now

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I agree, it is.

But the times are different than those previous instances too.

I know I'm playing Devil's advocate here but TM, normally you'd be all over this and demanding Canada pull back from external involvement because we "Can't afford it" or some other excuse.

So why does Ukraine get a pass? Just because they have a small population located in Canada?

(again, Devil's advocate; We haven't done enough, we need to do more and personally the Russian war against Ukraine is one of the most important conflicts in the world right now that needs to get resolved with Russia getting the frig out and maybe Vlad dead from being pushed out a window or something)
H'mm interesting I think you have me confused with someone else, I was against Trudie pulling our air force out of Iraq against Isis, I was against Chretien not getting involved in Iraqi freedom (start of the US pulling back from Canada in cross border trade) because his family had businesses in Iraq. I want to see more spending in our armed forces join the THAAD missile pack to help protect our borders, etc.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
H'mm interesting I think you have me confused with someone else, I was against Trudie pulling our air force out of Iraq against Isis, I was against Chretien not getting involved in Iraqi freedom (start of the US pulling back from Canada in cross border trade) because his family had businesses in Iraq. I want to see more spending in our armed forces join the THAAD missile pack to help protect our borders, etc.

So you are one of the supporters that Canada needs to be involved in world issues?

Okay, you're right, I did have you confused with the other types of right leaning asses who want Canada to close up shop to the world and pretend we're an island. I apologize.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sorry Cookie!

Congressional elections will not affect US support for Ukraine

"The vast majority of members of Congress, both Republicans and Democrats, have clearly stated their, our unwavering support for Ukraine," said US Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs.

Meanwhile, NBCnews reports that at this point the Republicans are in the lead in the elections to the US Congress. In the House of Representatives, the Republicans have 219 seats against 216 for the Democrats.

In the Senate, the Democrats still retain the majority: in a 50% to 50% election scenario, Vice President Kamala Harris has a decisive +1 vote.

But the struggle for the Senate is not over yet: the results of the count in Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania may be decisive.

🇺🇦 Ukraine Now