Latest Topics Scroll

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It is? I don't see anything about "locks" in this description:
. Usually, archives. documents or records relating to the activities, business dealings, etc., of a person, family, corporation, association, community, or nation.
2. archives, a place where public records or other historical documents are kept.
3. any extensive record or collection of data: The encyclopedia is an archive of world history. The experience was sealed in the archive of her memory.
v.t.
4. to place or store in an archive: to vote on archiving the city's historic documents.
[1595–1605; orig., as pl. < F archives < L arch(v)a < Gk archeîa, orig. pl. of ARCHEÎON public office, equiv. to arch(£) magistracy, office + -eion suffix of place]

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Can you change history? It's locked.
I am glad that you reminded me though to check out the British Columbia Archives for genealogy. Each new year opens up new information. Information is locked for a certain number of years depending on whether it's a birth/death or marriage.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Jeeeez. Here we go again. there are 6 threads on NHL stuff going at the same time crowding up the main menu. It's stupid.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Alright locking old threads is a great idea. How much time do we want to give a thread until it becomes locked? 1 month after last post? 6 months after thread creation? Any ideas?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Alright locking old threads is a great idea. How much time do we want to give a thread until it becomes locked? 1 month after last post? 6 months after thread creation? Any ideas?
Compromise? 2 months.