Jobs in Ottawa

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Are there any job opportunities in Ottawa? I've just moved back and I'm now looking for a job. It seems that call centers are doing alot of hiring, but I dont want to work there. I want a full time job. Any suggestions?

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I've gone to the house of commons to watch them debate. They ask a question and then yell at the guy when he's trying to answer it. It's a waste of time. I'll do it! :D

Biggie

Mar 23, 2005
Why don't you give this guy legitimate advice?

He's not looking for your sad attempts at humor. He is looking for information about jobs in Ottawa.

Lay off with the slapstick for all that's holy in this world.

BIGGIE

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Biggie, I've known Gonzo for quite some time. If I wish to address his questions with humour, I will. If you know of any jobs in Ottawa, feel free to jump in. Otherwise stay out of a conversation you clearly have no place in.

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
yeah, I have another question about Ottawa other then jobs...ok, don't laugh at me. I've never lived in Ottawa, but what kind of things were popular there in the year of 1995. I'm writing a novel that takes place there and I just want as much information as possible...so far, I have about 15 pages or so. I can post a few of them and if there's something that's "un-Ottawa" about it, you can tell me. Thanks. Toods..

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
MMWWWAAAHAHHAAAHHAA!!!! Good times.
10 years ago I was in high school. There was a local band called Bertha Does Moosejaw that I'd go see. The Pit was a popular place to see bands. Not there anymore. The Senators sucked. Ottawa's football team was called the Roughriders or Rough Riders. One is Saskatchewan. Cafe Wim was a place to play chess and sip tea, like you would in Holland. Coffee culture was big. But Ottawa changes slowley so if you came now it would probably be the same as it was 10 years ago. Most government towns stay the same.

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
sweet Gonzo. Looks like you know quite a lot ;) This will really help. If you have anymore "goodtimes" to share, you can PM me. Really would appreciate it! ;) and hey, according to TO, the Sens still suck, but I'm proud of all of our Canadian teams! GO CANADA! ;)

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Remember that player Alexander Daige? I think thats how you spell it. They paid so much money for a rookie and he didn't produce. Thats why it took so long for the Sens to develop. All they need now is goaltending. Thats why the Laughs, I mean Leafs, beat them in the first round. Ottawa outplayed them every step, except for goaltending.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
True that. I'd go for the Leafs if they were the only Canadian team left. I was rooting for Calgary, arch enemy of my 2nd fav team of all time, the Oilers!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Jobs in Ottawa

Reverend Blair said:
Biggie, I've known Gonzo for quite some time. If I wish to address his questions with humour, I will. If you know of any jobs in Ottawa, feel free to jump in. Otherwise stay out of a conversation you clearly have no place in.

Good times.... :)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Gonzo said:
Are there any job opportunities in Ottawa? I've just moved back and I'm now looking for a job. It seems that call centers are doing alot of hiring, but I dont want to work there. I want a full time job. Any suggestions?

What's your specialty? If you're not french, and looking to get any type of government job, stick with agencies. There is a huge non-profit sector here too.

What was popular in 1995, uhhh Windows 95, the Tragically Hip, and Alanis Morrisette. Melrose Place and 90210 were pretty big then too! :D

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
I still love Alanis. I've have her CD "Jagged Little Pills" since I was 9. My older sister and I loved to rock out to that. ;)