JK Rowling

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You know, I've read everything she's written and pretty much everything the Trans community has attacked her for, and quite frankly, I'm on her side. A trans woman is not a woman from my perspective. I'm willing to accept someone saying they're a trans woman, but if you aren't given the sex organs biologically, you are a trans man or a trans woman.

There is a difference.

You can identify as a cross-eyed dodo, and that does not change biology or science. That is the crux of what Rowling has said all along. She never said trans people should be marginalized. She never called for their jailing or shaming or for anything in malice. She just said, "I am a woman and there is a difference between myself and a trans woman."

Since then, she has been subjected to disgusting death threats and being made out as some kind of a monster.

I don't think anyone needs to feel threatened by JK Rowling but we should fear the people trying to cancel her.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You know, I've read everything she's written and pretty much everything the Trans community has attacked her for, and quite frankly, I'm on her side. A trans woman is not a woman from my perspective. I'm willing to accept someone saying they're a trans woman, but if you aren't given the sex organs biologically, you are a trans man or a trans woman.
The “I’ll defend your right to be whomever you believe you are, but you can’t make/force me believe that you’re whomever or whatever you think you are” sort’a thing then…
There is a difference.

You can identify as a cross-eyed dodo, and that does not change biology or science.
“I honestly believe that you believe you’re a cross-eyed dildo, but you can’t make me believe you’re a cross-eyed dodo” etc…
That is the crux of what Rowling has said all along. She never said trans people should be marginalized. She never called for their jailing or shaming or for anything in malice. She just said, "I am a woman and there is a difference between myself and a trans woman."
I’ve never read anything by this author, or seen a Harry Potter movie, etc…but I do follow the news, and she’s been vilified at best, and that is being generously kind about the shit being thrown at her.
Since then, she has been subjected to disgusting death threats and being made out as some kind of a monster.

I don't think anyone needs to feel threatened by JK Rowling but we should fear the people trying to cancel her.
Pretty sure she’s not out physically beating up the trans-folks in her spare time, etc…but she’s sure been prosecuted by the folks with an agenda of censorship and cancelation.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yeah... I call BS on this and you obviously know nothing about the issue except what Joanne wants you to know.

Your ignorance is not legitimate over the reality.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yeah... I call BS on this and you obviously know nothing about the issue except what Joanne wants you to know.

Your ignorance is not legitimate over the reality.

Call BS with what? Find me a quote where Rowling said anything besides what I posted here because I followed this from the beginning, where she respectfully disagreed. Where she said she would march hand in hand in a pride parade with gay and trans people. I followed this very closely, and the backlash for her disagreement and affirming her womanhood and feminism. She has had bomb threats. Some people suggested she be raped, then murdered. Show me the comment Rowling made that deserves the outrage or call BS and parrot the narrative of an tyranical minority.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Call BS with what? Find me a quote where Rowling said anything besides what I posted here because I followed this from the beginning, where she respectfully disagreed. Where she said she would march hand in hand in a pride parade with gay and trans people. I followed this very closely, and the backlash for her disagreement and affirming her womanhood and feminism. She has had bomb threats. Some people suggested she be raped, then murdered. Show me the comment Rowling made that deserves the outrage or call BS and parrot the narrative of an tyranical minority.

Already did.

And that you actually believe she would march hand in hand with gay/trans people after what she's said, and who she supports/allies herself with, then there's no further discussion.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I will add - again - that the bomb, death and other threats against JK are way, WAY over the line and it doesn't matter who says them; GLBTQIA+ people themselves, or allies, shit like that does NOT help. Getting angry about her crap is one thing, but that is just... no.

But here you go, THERE is the actual history of JK Rowling.

If you STILL think she's all so innocent, then again, there's no further discussion.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I thought LGBTQ was a relatively new term, that exploded in vowels and consonants during during the Covid lockdowns…but here is what’s being referred to:
1712233913096.jpegInstitut für Sexualwissenschaft founded by Magnus Hirchfeld…in 1919.
I doubt many institutions, societies, and individuals were safe from Nazi persecution in Germany in that era. I think I stumped Google trying to ask who “wasn’t” persecuted In Germany in the 1930s by the Nazis…seriously.
1712234739416.jpeg

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I thought LGBTQ was a relatively new term, that exploded in vowels and consonants during during the Covid lockdowns…but here is what’s being referred to:
View attachment 21641Institut für Sexualwissenschaft founded by Magnus Hirchfeld…in 1919.
I doubt many institutions, societies, and individuals were safe from Nazi persecution in Germany in that era. I think I stumped Google trying to ask who “wasn’t” persecuted In Germany in the 1930s by the Nazis…seriously.
View attachment 21642
Poofters

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I will add - again - that the bomb, death and other threats against JK are way, WAY over the line and it doesn't matter who says them; GLBTQIA+ people themselves, or allies, shit like that does NOT help. Getting angry about her crap is one thing, but that is just... no.
Sure seems that way from the outside looking in. Dude notes a single “like” on something in 2017, then a second “like” in 2018 that was unliked…and sure seems like grasping…and about 1/6th of the way into the video I’m getting lost in the dissection and by this point I think JKRoling has been pretty realistic and balanced trying to defend someone else being cancelled and censored in the literary field…so it happened to her in turn. Then dude is tossing out terms like TERF’s before hitting 1/3 of the way in, and I’m bailing as this is a lot for this early in the morning in my time zone.

If you STILL think she's all so innocent, then again, there's no further discussion.
This is a 3/4’s of an hour long video again, like an entire hour long TV drama series minus the commercials in length. Is there a shorter version summing up what this guy is going to go on about?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

I still know she is innocent. So, I guess we'll close any further discussion.
Ciao. LOL

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Inserting make believe into peoples lives by legal force...or buying a book by choice.

Nobody is legally obligated to state Harry Potter is real but women with balls are women and you have address them as such or else.