How does they make septic tank bacteria?

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
So I am putting this stuff in my septic tank the other day and it made me think, how do they make this stuff? How do they package it so that it's ready to flush into a septic tank and work?

Apparently it's the number one brand in Canada?

71evT7CSVoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I have used this. It doesn't do anything that I can tell. I have an old system, that is slow leaching out. I only have issues when we have extra people for the weekend etc. They used to say to get the system active, you add yeast which I imagine this stuff has in it. My septic pumping guy says these things are just a wate of money, that what you poop into it gets it active.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Surfactants.

Surfactant

Surfactants are chemical compounds that decrease the surface tension or interfacial tension between two liquids, a liquid and a gas, or a liquid and a solid. Surfactants may function as emulsifiers, wetting agents, detergents, foaming agents, or dispersants. The word "surfactant" is a blend of surface-active agent,[1] coined c. 1950.[2]

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I have used this. It doesn't do anything that I can tell. I have an old system, that is slow leaching out. I only have issues when we have extra people for the weekend etc. They used to say to get the system active, you add yeast which I imagine this stuff has in it. My septic pumping guy says these things are just a wate of money, that what you poop into it gets it active.
Weird.

Every few years when I get out tanks pumped out they always have a bottle of liquid they give you to help re-start the system.

As far as I understand it, the septobac just helps combat soaps and other anti-bacterial we use in laundry etc.

Kind of like a booster shot,

But I'm also not a scientist.