Holy Hell..will this cold ever stop.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Jo Canadian said:
I don't know why there's complaining about the cold...It's winter :lol: Whaddya expect?

At least for me it feels like it skips from Autumn to Spring. I'm liking it, but If I ever have to move back to Cambridge Bay, I'll be in for a shock....Then I'll complain. :lol:

It's what we in Canada complain about best no?...... What's better than frost-bite and snot-cicles?
No winter? In P.E.I........... how do you manage that ?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
bhoour said:
No winter? In P.E.I........... how do you manage that ?

Well, there's a winter here. It just isn't very...wintery from what I consider winter.

People here still complain, "AARRGG it's -5!!!". And when there's a couple of snowflakes, every road gets the $hit salted out of it. The best is that they will cancel school on a forecast alone. :lol: Which has not always come true.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
[
Well, there's a winter here. It just isn't very...wintery from what I consider winter.
.[/quote
You are lucky...........I think I'm just a suck.
For me as soon as it's cold , it's winter. ( usually Nov._ March, snow or not). I am always cold, even in the summer I get goosebumps, so "winter" is brutal for me. I need someone to keep me warm.
:sex: ................ :roll:

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Holy Hell..will this

I'm a freezebaby too.... but winter's still easier than summer, because I can always put on another layer of clothing and still go out in public. In the middle of a hot summer, once I've peeled down to skin and I'm still sweating, there really aren't many options, LOL.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
I usually wear a sweater at the beach, and it's not for the spf, value.
While every one else is sweating, I'm usually wrapped, and shivering. I've started thinking I'm either fridgid, OR it has sum'n to do with low blood pressure.
Could be worse, my friends in the middle of the counrty are frosted over until some time in March. Living in the most polluted part of the country has advantages. All the industry dirties the snow, ( gotta love the BLACK snow banks), contributes to global warming, which in turn melt the ...... ..........snow!!!

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005

Have you tried getting your thyroid checked? Friend of mine (in Minnesota, no less) couldn't freaking get warm no matter what, and it turned out her thyroid wasn't working properly.

I hear ya on black snowbanks. We get those here in Cleveland, too. Yuck.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, and by the way, even a slight breeze in summer, unless the temp is over 25C or so, will make me shiver a bit too. But not to the extent of needing a sweater at the beach, usually!

My fiance is the opposite: he's always warm. Goes outdoors in shorts and sandals in midwinter if I let him. Radiates heat like a furnace.... he's the only thing keeping me warm at night, though. ;)

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: Holy Hell..will this

Summer said:
Have you tried getting your thyroid checked? Friend of mine (in Minnesota, no less) couldn't freaking get warm no matter what, and it turned out her thyroid wasn't working properly.

I hear ya on black snowbanks. We get those here in Cleveland, too. Yuck.

Been checked out, appparently I'm fine. Just have a laid back circulatorty system. My hubby is always warm , and my kids too.
They sweat at the mere mention of a sunny day. As usual I'm the odd woman out, they tell me to bundle up and not to touch the theremostat.

:roll:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
pastafarian said:
the one fly in the ointment is that my mate wants to move to Nunavut 8O .

Is your mate very large, covered with a beautiful white coat, have a black nose, and eats seals? :)