Hamas attacks Israel

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

So at what point will the deaths of the children in Gaza repay for Oct. 7th?
If they cared about their children , as much as you do , they wouldn’t send them to a school built overtop a Hamas bunker . Seams like a no brainer to me . Right no brains , inbreeding does that .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If they cared about their children , as much as you do , they wouldn’t send them to a school built overtop a Hamas bunker . Seams like a no brainer to me . Right no brains , inbreeding does that .
…Or to teach them that it’s both a goal & an honour to grow up (or partially grow up?) to be martyred?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Isn’t that a question for Hamas? Wasn’t a high civilian mortality rate a goal of Oct 7th?

How is the deaths of Gazan children from Israeli attacks a "Hamas" issue, exactly?

Also doesn't answer my question of how much blood of children needs to be spilled to "make up" for Oct 7th?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How is the deaths of Gazan children from Israeli attacks a "Hamas" issue, exactly?

Also doesn't answer my question of how much blood of children needs to be spilled to "make up" for Oct 7th?
Honestly, what reaction do you think Hamas & Friends were fishing for on October 7th, seriously? A hearty round of Kumbaya? They did something so egregious to provoke this exact reaction…as they hid under Gaza in the tunnels funded by UNRWA wearing Palestinians as a hard hat.

How much blood on both sides, Israeli & Arab, needs to be spilled before things go back to the cease-fire that existed October 6th?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Justice minister says protest over Israel-Hamas war at his Toronto home crossed line
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Stephanie Taylor
Published Apr 30, 2024 • 2 minute read

OTTAWA — Justice Minister Arif Virani says protesters who took their cause to his home over the weekend crossed a line.

A few dozen pro-Palestinian protesters showed up at Virani’s Toronto-area home on Saturday, waving flags and placards with his photo on them at the edge of his driveway.

Virani told reporters on his way into a cabinet meeting Tuesday that he believes in the right to “lawful and peaceful protest,” which the Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees.

But he said he considers it crossing the line when protesters show up at his home, saying his wife and kids “do not deserve to be harassed.”

The minister says the same goes for his neighbours, and if people have a problem with him, they should come to his office and leave his family alone.

“It’s my name that’s on my ballot,” Virani said Tuesday.

“They should come to my office. They should leave my family out of it.”

Protesters also demonstrated in front of home of Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly earlier this year, which members of Parliament also condemned.

NDP MP Heather McPherson posted on X that the demonstration at Joly’s home was “appalling.’

“People do not have to agree with politicians and elected representatives, but to harass them at their private homes is completely and utterly unacceptable,” she said in January.

Independent Toronto MP Kevin Vuong criticized the protest at Joly’s home in January and said Saturday on X that Virani’s home is not the proper place to protest. He called on police to act.

“I’m someone who has called out the (attorney general) for inaction, but his home is not the place for protest,” Vuong said.

“His family (and) neighbours have nothing to do (with) this.”

Toronto police said on the weekend they were aware that a demonstration occurred in the area for a short time, but that no arrests were made.

Winnipeg Liberal MP Ben Carr said he found the news that protesters had gone to Virani’s home on Saturday “disturbing,” adding it amounts to “harassment.”

“It is not a response that should be accepted or tolerated ever in Canadian society,” said Carr.

He said if you disagree with the comments your child’s teacher makes on their report card or with the medical advice given by a doctor, you would never take your anger to their home.

“It should be no different for public figures who put themselves in vulnerable situations every day,” he said.

Carr said he is concerned that his own home may become a target and notes most politicians take steps to secure themselves and their families after being elected. He said that can include installing security equipment at their homes.

“Acts of hostility and agitation and intimidation playing out in public spaces and directed at public figures are a growing trend,” he said

“I think it is an unfortunate new reality.”

— With files from Mia Rabson.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is beyond beyond. It would be like having Steven Guilbeault stomping around on your roof scaring your spouse when you’re not home…like the current Federal Liberal Environment Minister MP did to Ralph Kleins wife. Extremely tasteless on both accounts and both should be condemned.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Honestly, what reaction do you think Hamas & Friends were fishing for on October 7th, seriously?

They got exactly what they wanted.

A hearty round of Kumbaya? They did something so egregious to provoke this exact reaction…as they hid under Gaza in the tunnels funded by UNRWA wearing Palestinians as a hard hat.

You've proof of that claim, or is that hyperbole?

How much blood on both sides, Israeli & Arab, needs to be spilled before things go back to the cease-fire that existed October 6th?

Oh, careful Ron, you're sounding like me and that won't sit well with the right wing wackadoo World Guilt types here.

That's pretty much been my point since the get go.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Gospel according to Peter 6.66

"33 hostages for 40 days and nights of ceasefire decreed the Lord "
I’m betting on at least 2 for 1….meaning the 20 surviving hostages that fit the parameters (women, children, elderly, wounded) that Hamas can find for 40 days ceasefire in the initial stage.

Then Hamas will start swapping others & corpses to extend it into a “permanent” ceasefire until Hamas breaks it again.
Top Israeli ministers will convene on Thursday to discuss a proposed Gaza truce to free “some” hostages held by Hamas, as well as prospects for an army sweep of the southern tip of the enclave packed with displaced Palestinians, a government source said.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's war cabinet was provisionally slated to meet at 6.30 pm (1530 GMT), followed by the wider security cabinet, the source said. Israel does not generally publish information on sessions of the two groups.

Israel awaits a response from Hamas on the latest ceasefire offer, presented by Egyptian mediators, which would bring about the release of “some” of the people the Palestinian faction seized in the Oct 7 cross-border attack that triggered the Gaza war.
My takeaway here is that, through cutouts and mediators there’s still talks and negotiations that neither side agrees with the other, & they’re not close enough to find common enough ground to agree on something yet, & the Rafah clock is ticking.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not sure I understand the whole thing.

Either Gaza is a separate, though generally unrecognized, state with Hamas as its government, or it is a rebellious province. Either way, they attacked Israel, pure and simple.

We have experience with both, and in both cases we hammered them until they surrendered unconditionally. We didn't negotiate for a truce. And we consider those wars (our Civil War and WWII) to be our finest hours.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm not sure I understand the whole thing.

Either Gaza is a separate, though generally unrecognized, state with Hamas as its government, or it is a rebellious province.

At it's core? I think, depending on who you are, it's both. And that's part of the problem.

Either way, they attacked Israel, pure and simple.

They did, and did deserve retaliation for it.

But there's retaliation and then there's annihilation/genocide.

We have experience with both, and in both cases we hammered them until they surrendered unconditionally. We didn't negotiate for a truce. And we consider those wars (our Civil War and WWII) to be our finest hours.

In the Civil War, you can't compare that to today's warfare. It'd be totally different if this was being fought with muskets, cannons, sailing ships and men on the field.

WWII - I don't think bringing that into this will help you any. It's because of WWII this is an issue. It's because of WWII - in part - that Israel gets away with it's shit.

What's going on in Gaza/Israel would be like if... say the Sudetenland had attacked Germany first, then Germany stomped on it until there was nearly nothing left. And they claimed they could get away with it, because the region belongs to them anyway and the people there were asking for it (in a nutshell).

And then there's the question I keep asking - when is the blood spilled going to be enough to sate either side? Whether Hamas or Israeli Government... when will it stop?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In the Civil War, you can't compare that to today's warfare. It'd be totally different if this was being fought with muskets, cannons, sailing ships and men on the field.
I don't know. The Burning of Atlanta was pretty thorough. Sherman's March to the Sea was specifically intended to scorch the earth so thoroughly that nobody would be able to take up arms after Sherman's army had been through. It was probably the most thorough, designed destruction since the Mongols.
WWII - I don't think bringing that into this will help you any. It's because of WWII this is an issue. It's because of WWII - in part - that Israel gets away with it's shit.
I was speaking specifically of the U.S. v. Japan. And while WWII's history may be a part of why Israel does what it does, it doesn't change the fact that Israel has been under attack many, many times since 1948.
What's going on in Gaza/Israel would be like if... say the Sudetenland had attacked Germany first, then Germany stomped on it until there was nearly nothing left. And they claimed they could get away with it, because the region belongs to them anyway and the people there were asking for it (in a nutshell).
That's pretty much what the U.S. Civil War was
And then there's the question I keep asking - when is the blood spilled going to be enough to sate either side? Whether Hamas or Israeli Government... when will it stop?
Well, for what it's worth, there's a better chance of Israel stopping than of Hamas doing so. Hamas categorically does not give a shit about the Palestinian people. Israel not only does care about its people, those people have the ability send Nut n' Yahoo on his way (to jail).

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I don't know. The Burning of Atlanta was pretty thorough. Sherman's March to the Sea was specifically intended to scorch the earth so thoroughly that nobody would be able to take up arms after Sherman's army had been through. It was probably the most thorough, designed destruction since the Mongols.

Valid points. And I guess wounded and dead are wounded and dead, no matter how you look at it. Destruction is destruction.

I just think that the not so personal "war" of today is different than those of the Civil War, WWII and so on.

I was speaking specifically of the U.S. v. Japan. And while WWII's history may be a part of why Israel does what it does, it doesn't change the fact that Israel has been under attack many, many times since 1948.

It has; it's why I used to side with Israel. Even though I believed Israel was made from World Guilt, having a place for Jews to call home made sense.

Then I got older, learned more history, and Israel showed it has no wish to be at peace with the people it's supposed to be as part of the agreements made to have it exist. And yes, I know, a beat people can only take so much before they fight back, but the reverse is true of the Palestinians too.

That's pretty much what the U.S. Civil War was

I suppose, yeah.

Well, for what it's worth, there's a better chance of Israel stopping than of Hamas doing so.

No, there really isn't. The moment they refused to give a damn about the hostages and instead continued with their revenge, they showed that there was no stopping.

Hamas categorically does not give a shit about the Palestinian people.

No, it doesn't, and never has.

Israel not only does care about its people,

That's debatable, highly so.

those people have the ability send Nut n' Yahoo on his way (to jail).

Sure, but that doesn't guarantee a worse leader taking his place once he's in jail.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't know who's wrong or right in this. All I know is "fighting fair" don't exist. You're either fighting, or you're fair. Can't be both.

It's also a cautionary tale about leaving things half-done. Israel took over the West Bank and Gaza, but didn't incorporate them (largely under international pressure not to). Thus were created permanent hotbeds of hatred, with the steady drip-drip-drip of attack and reprisal, killing more over time than would have been killed even in an apocalyptic battle.