Hamas attacks Israel

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Israel and Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a ceasefire in Gaza for at least four days, to let in aid and release at least 50 hostages captured by militants in exchange for at least 150 Palestinians jailed in Israel.

The first truce in a brutal near seven-week-old war, reached after mediation by Qatar, was hailed around the world as a sign of progress that could ease the suffering of Gaza's civilians and bring more Israeli hostages home. Israel said the ceasefire could be extended further, as long as more hostages were freed.

Hamas and allied groups captured around 240 hostages when gunmen rampaged through southern Israeli towns on Oct. 7. Previously, Hamas had released just four.

The official start time for the truce is expected to be announced within 24 hours, with the first hostages to go free on Thursday.
Now they can hammer Hezbollah harder for 4 days.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
By the way.....

The UN Conference on Trade and Development Report offers precise details on oil reserves. According to the report, the occupied Palestinian territories have 1,525 billion barrels of proven oil reserves. The gas reserves are relatively small compared to other fields, but the oil reserves are significant.Oct 26, 2023

https://www.gerceknews.com › article
Is Israel attacking Gaza for oil and gas? - Muhdan Saglam

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The only thing stupider than swearing death on people who read a different Really Old Book than the one you read is revisiting every shitty thing themmuns did to usuns back in the day.

Everybody fucked over everybody else back in the day. Get over it. Or keep dying.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Israel and Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a ceasefire in Gaza for at least four days, to let in aid and release at least 50 hostages captured by militants in exchange for at least 150 Palestinians jailed in Israel.

The first truce in a brutal near seven-week-old war, reached after mediation by Qatar, was hailed around the world as a sign of progress that could ease the suffering of Gaza's civilians and bring more Israeli hostages home. Israel said the ceasefire could be extended further, as long as more hostages were freed.

Hamas and allied groups captured around 240 hostages when gunmen rampaged through southern Israeli towns on Oct. 7. Previously, Hamas had released just four.

The official start time for the truce is expected to be announced within 24 hours, with the first hostages to go free on Thursday.
And the band played Waltzing Matilda
As we stopped to bury our slain
And we buried ours
And the Turks buried theirs
And it started all over again
--Eric Bogle

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I have zero sympathy for the Palestinians. Everyone in the world sighed when they elected Hamas as their leader. There will be no peace until Palestinians stop embracing the people who use them as shields and fodder while stealing their aid and living like the lives of billionaires in Qatar. I mean, what the darn shucks did they would happen when they raped and murdered and abducted like knuckle-dragging troglodytes. F___ I absolutely hate zealotry, and we have real issues with it right here in Canada. I might add that these elitists sending their kids to McGill or Ryerson might find their kids on the news once they radicalize these white girls tearing down Missing posters. They're prime for the picking and brainwashing.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I have zero sympathy for the Palestinians. Everyone in the world sighed when they elected Hamas as their leader. There will be no peace until Palestinians stop embracing the people who use them as shields and fodder while stealing their aid and living like the lives of billionaires in Qatar. I mean, what the darn shucks did they would happen when they raped and murdered and abducted like knuckle-dragging troglodytes. F___ I absolutely hate zealotry, and we have real issues with it right here in Canada. I might add that these elitists sending their kids to McGill or Ryerson might find their kids on the news once they radicalize these white girls tearing down Missing posters. They're prime for the picking and brainwashing.
Good to see you, RCS! I hope you and your lady are well.

Not real sure how much choice Joe (or is that Jamal?) Palestinian had in the election, know for a damn fact Jane (or Farah) Palestinian didn't have any. But this is way beyond such concerns. Israel's beef is with Gaza, not with Gazans. Spare me the horseshit about what a great guy Joe or Jane or their cute li'l Akbar may be. The conflict is with their wannabe country. We usually hold up WWII as the textbook case of a "just war." Well, we killed a metric shitload of innocent Germans and Japanese (and French, and Italians) in WWII.

War is hell.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Bibi needs Palestinians.

Have you ever seen or heard of a Jewish labourer, plumber, carpenter etc?

#Watch: video is IDF reportedly pouring seawater into the tunnels.

I have not independently verified this. (Sorry about video format)
Sorta looks like plumbing…or plumbers?

I thought the geology of Gaza was coral & sand making flooding the tunnels pretty much impossible. Maybe not all of it though.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Good to see you, RCS! I hope you and your lady are well.

Not real sure how much choice Joe (or is that Jamal?) Palestinian had in the election, know for a damn fact Jane (or Farah) Palestinian didn't have any. But this is way beyond such concerns. Israel's beef is with Gaza, not with Gazans. Spare me the horseshit about what a great guy Joe or Jane or their cute li'l Akbar may be. The conflict is with their wannabe country. We usually hold up WWII as the textbook case of a "just war." Well, we killed a metric shitload of innocent Germans and Japanese (and French, and Italians) in WWII.

War is hell.
That's why the United States hasn't won a major conflict since, WWII, excluding Korea. Neither the USA or Nato has the stomach to win wars anymore. Any conflict they step into now will be measured by the war we lost in Afghanistan. If you want to win a war you have to kill a lot of people. War is hell, and when you start one, the response is very inappropriate. It's so clear that Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and these other knuckle-dragging zealots don't give a toot about the Palestinians, but everyone from the Arabs to the media ignores that, and cries for the poor Palestinians, they are perpetual victims. They also teach their children to hate early on and the enemy is never Hamas, always the Jews. The Cycle = Terror Attack = Israel Responds = Civilians Die = Outcry for the poor Palestinians = Cease Fire = UN Condemnation = Fund raising for the Palestinians = Hamas rebuilds = Terror Attack = Israel Responds = Civilians Die = Outcry for the poor Palestinians = Cease Fire = It just never effing ends.

Reactions: 55Mercury

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It might not be "popular"......but you comments are based on some harsh realities. In this case "popular" might be over rated.