Cosmology - Astrophysics

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
this infinity space between our ears is God's greatest playground and I'll be damned if It isn't having fun with it!
"If He (God) understands Math and Physics then He exists."
/Frank Tipler/.
God is real, if the "One" used the laws of math and physics to create the Universe.

Attachments

• Laws.jpg
    Laws.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
To understand quantum physics, you need to look at the house where the quantum particles
spend their time. The house has very low temperature, around absolute zero (-273.15°C)
Therefore the basis for understanding the quantum reality is the Cosmic Vacuum.
Reasons and examples:
1- Planck discovered quantum of action (h) in the so-called "Kirchhoff vacuum" /Max von Laue/.
2- Einstein's second postulate states: “The speed of a light quantum in vacuum is constant (c=1)".
3- Dirac discovered the dualistic nature of electrons (E=±MC²) in the "vacuum sea".
4- Problem:
The structure of the cosmic vacuum is unknown and therefore quantum physics looks "weird".

Attachments

• 272-QP.jpg
    272-QP.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
but it's all weird, Izzy, like the weirdos that dream this shit up.

so help me... I'm a beginner weirdo with little time or patience for other weirdos self-delusions

anyway... I'm wondering what is the correlation between mass/density (black hole?) and vacuum.... (is there an absolute vacuum like there is absolute negative temperature? - is there a determined absolute maximum temperature?) (would absolute maximum pressure be found at the core of a black hole?

black holes and vacuums, they both tend to suck, it seems... are they like polar opposites? a bit like magnetic opposites?

it's been said black holes' gravity is so intense not even light can escape it, which to me implies that all particles fall into the black hole faster than the speed of light! aha! so things can travel faster than the speed of light... a revelation to me, but no doubt someone somewhere has already considered it.

can a vacuum be so intense too that even light cannot escape its suction?

anyway... this is the part where everyone gets to tell me "don't give up your day job" lol

:?D

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
but it's all weird, Izzy, like the weirdos that dream this shit up.

so help me... I'm a beginner weirdo with little time or patience for other weirdos self-delusions

anyway... I'm wondering what is the correlation between mass/density (black hole?) and vacuum.... (is there an absolute vacuum like there is absolute negative temperature? - is there a determined absolute maximum temperature?) (would absolute maximum pressure be found at the core of a black hole?

black holes and vacuums, they both tend to suck, it seems... are they like polar opposites? a bit like magnetic opposites?

it's been said black holes' gravity is so intense not even light can escape it, which to me implies that all particles fall into the black hole faster than the speed of light! aha! so things can travel faster than the speed of light... a revelation to me, but no doubt someone somewhere has already considered it.

can a vacuum be so intense too that even light cannot escape its suction?

anyway... this is the part where everyone gets to tell me "don't give up your day job" lol

Vacuum doesn't suck. What you think of as suckage is actually matter pressing into the relative vacuum.

Which kinda sucks.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
that's funny, cuz instead of giving straight to the church of my choice... (the church for people who don't like going to church - which means - you actually don't mind going to it)
[oh shit - I'm starting to sound like Torchy]
(kill me now!!)
(where tf was I? oh yeah...)
... I buy them lottery tickets with a little prayer.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
Where did the Big Bang come from?
From the Singularity.
Where did the Singularity come from?
From the Big Bang.
BB is only playing ping-pong with existing cosmic matter.
In order not to be stupid, you need to ask:
Where did the ping-pong ball come from?
Where did the mattter for playing Big-Bang come from?
Who will ask?

Attachments

• Ping-pong.jpg
    Ping-pong.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
They have. At the event horizon space is curved to the point where all directions point inwards/downwards, whatever.
Gravity exerts a force, it doesn't have a speed. All that means is that the escape velocity required is faster than light can travel.

Gravity "bends" light. Light travels in a straight line until it passes a gravity well at which point it "bends" but the speed remains constant. A black hole is just a super-duper dense gravity well. Light is still traveling at the speed of light when it "disappears" into a black hole.

Reactions: 55Mercury

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
10 July 2023. Gravitational waves spark hunt for cosmic strings and dark matter
The discovery of low-level ripples throughout the universe called the gravitational wav
background has set physicists looking for exotic explanations /By Alex Wilkins/

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
10 July 2023. Gravitational waves spark hunt for cosmic strings and dark matter
The discovery of low-level ripples throughout the universe called the gravitational wav
background has set physicists looking for exotic explanations /By Alex Wilkins/

could objects travelling through space, like comets, meteors, and what the heck, maybe even our own spacecraft, be, in a sense, fracking space, causing these detected low-level ripples?
quantum physicists are rabbit-hole seekers? losing themselves in thought?
sounds about right

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
could objects travelling through space, like comets, meteors, and what the heck, maybe even our own spacecraft, be, in a sense, fracking space, causing these detected low-level ripples?

quantum physicists are rabbit-hole seekers? losing themselves in thought?
sounds about right
Exotic explanations: Gravitational waves spark hunt for cosmic strings and dark matter . . .
when no one knows exactly what cosmic string-particles, dark matter or gravitational waves are
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” ― Confucius

• Haha
Reactions: 55Mercury

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
July 11, 2023. Reinventing cosmology:
Reinventing cosmology: New research puts age of universe at 26.7 — not 13.7 — billion years
By Mohammad Qusir Rather on Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Funny. . . new research puts the age of human migration to the Americas at 26.7 (or thereabouts) -- not 13.7 (roughly) thousand years!

Whoa, dude! What does it all mean?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Funny. . . new research puts the age of human migration to the Americas at 26.7 (or thereabouts) -- not 13.7 (roughly) thousand years!

Whoa, dude! What does it all mean?
It means that during the last Ice Age, humans got to North America buy some other route than across the continent, covered in a mile of ice….

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
Cosmology - Dimensions
2D- Euclidean dimension - 3D Descartes - 4D Minkowski - 5D Kaluza / Klein -
String's dimensions: 7D, 10D, 11D, 27D, MD . . .
with one more new dimension and elephant will fly.

Attachments

• Extra-D-1.jpg
    Extra-D-1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
April 18, 2023. A New Kind of Symmetry Shakes Up Physics:
So-called “higher symmetries” are illuminating everything from particle decays
to the behavior of complex quantum systems.
/Kevin Hartnett/
------
"It’s not an exaggeration to say that every major advance in physics for more than
a century has turned on revelations about symmetry. It’s there at the dawn of general relativity,
in the birth of the Standard Model, in the hunt for the Higgs."