pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
And the far right with him.

This is part of a world wide push-back that we're seeing against some of the stupidity and abuses of the extreme left. The left went way too far in the last decade and people are fed up with it.

Here in canada we're seeing it already with things like the municipal elections in bc (which tossed out a lot of the old left leaning crews and elected more right wing municiple leadership) to ford basically not even turning up for an election and still winning handily, and we'll probably see a Pierre majority as a result. In other places we see it as well, and here's yet another example.

Unfortunately, when you get a rebellion against the far left (your kind of friends serryah, who think all right wingers want children to die or whatever), then there's a tendancy to go hard right. We've seen that many times. Hitler and the nazi's rode to power on people's anger and being fed up with the violence of the german communists for example.

I don't know much about many of the people elected in this election, but a quick glance at their histories suggests they're pretty far to the right. Now - there is a tendancy to settle down a little once you're ACTUALLY in power so I'll reserve judgement till we see what they actually do. But the response to extreme leftism is often extreme rightism. That's what happens when you call people scum and nazi's just for disagreeing with you.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Good common sense is making a come back in all the right places . What do you think of the stolen election in Brazil ? The electorate appears to be having their January sixth moment .
Wow - i hadn't even been watching that. What a mess :) That's the thing i hate about republic models of gov't - at least with ours if it were that close between the two leaders it would almost certainly be a minority gov't and the "president" wouldn't have that kind of power and the 'runner up' would still be very relevant.

Well if the left wing guy doesn't deliver i suspect there'll be a serious blowback again and the right wing candidate and his supporters will be back in strength. As we just saw in isreal.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

And the far right with him.

:(
Being on the outside (really on the outside) of the politics in Israel… here is some of the players mentioned in the OP link:

There’s an ebb and flow to everything. In my lifetime I’ve seen bell bottoms come and go…twice…so far.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Being on the outside (really on the outside) of the politics in Israel… here is some of the players mentioned in the OP link:
Well ben at least is a well known commodity - i think calling him 'far right' is a bit of a stretch. But he's been the prime minister before. Isreal tends to be run by coalitions tho, it's rarely one party that's calling the shots.
There’s an ebb and flow to everything. In my lifetime I’ve seen bell bottoms come and go…twice…so far.
I blame the partridge family.

But yes - people rush to one thing and then rush just as fast to the next. When it comes to politics it's like people on an unstable boat - they all rush to one side which causes the boat to start to tip over and they all rush to the other to 'balance' it - which pretty quick causes it to tip over in that direction and the comedy repeats. Basically all politics should be viewed with the benny hill theme song running in the background. ( Daaaaaa dun dun dada dada dunn dunn dada dada dun!)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Don't get me wrong, Lapid sucked and blew a chance to do some 'good', so to speak.

Honestly Israel hasn't had any good leader at all since Rabin was assassinated. He was - thus far - the last chance Israel had for any sort of peace in the region with the Arabs and Palestine in general. No one since has given a shit about any of it, rather they care about the power and continuing the bullshit.

But true - ebb and flow... maybe someday Israel will have the opportunity to be the nation it should be.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Good common sense is making a come back in all the right places . What do you think of the stolen election in Brazil ? The electorate appears to be having their January sixth moment .
Apparently rumor has it that the U.S. interfered with Brazil's election and the people are not allowed to question the results. The U.S is heading the same way too (so I heard).

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Apparently rumor has it that the U.S. interfered with Brazil's election

Well duh, the US is the busybody of the world! (please not sarcasm, I doubt the US interfered with Brazil).

and the people are not allowed to question the results.

Huh, heard that somewhere before...

The U.S is heading the same way too (so I heard).

Oh yeah, that's it.

Heading that way? Depending on who you are, it's already there, Dix. After all, some people up for election next week are already saying if they don't win, the election is rigged...

Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wow - i hadn't even been watching that. What a mess :) That's the thing i hate about republic models of gov't - at least with ours if it were that close between the two leaders it would almost certainly be a minority gov't and the "president" wouldn't have that kind of power and the 'runner up' would still be very relevant.

Well if the left wing guy doesn't deliver i suspect there'll be a serious blowback again and the right wing candidate and his supporters will be back in strength. As we just saw in isreal.
How’s Canada’s minority government working for you ?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
democrats after trump's win in 2016? Yeah - they said stuff like that a lot.

Heading that way? Depending on who you are, it's already there, Dix. After all, some people up for election next week are already saying if they don't win, the election is rigged...
You mean like Democract Stacy Abrams who to this day still claims SHE'S the lawful governor and the election was rigged? Yeah well, always a few of those around.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Don't get me wrong, Lapid sucked and blew a chance to do some 'good', so to speak.

Honestly Israel hasn't had any good leader at all since Rabin was assassinated. He was - thus far - the last chance Israel had for any sort of peace in the region with the Arabs and Palestine in general. No one since has given a shit about any of it, rather they care about the power and continuing the bullshit.

But true - ebb and flow... maybe someday Israel will have the opportunity to be the nation it should be.
All it would take is for Palestine to knock off its bullshit and the peace could begin. But as long as Palestine refuses to renounce their war of extermination against Israel, Isael has absolutely zero reason to play ball.
After the various wars with Israel the Arab muslim countries lost some territory. After it was returned to Jordan and Egypt, they both settled the fuck down with their aggressive crap towards Israel. Israel has done the same with Palestine. Problem is as soon as the Palestinians get it back, they launch attacks against Israel from it.
There's a valid reason why Sderot, a city of just 28,000 people is called the "Bomb Shelter Capital of the World.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well duh, the US is the busybody of the world! (please not sarcasm, I doubt the US interfered with Brazil).

Oh yeah, that's it.

Yeah, that's pretty big stuff compared to the small potatoes of wasting 3 1/2 years and millions of dollars persecuting a duly elected president on a trumped up charge that was purely fabricated by the Democrats and the FBI.
And now the leftards are whining because Republicans are playing a variation of the same game.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wanna make a leftard completely lose their shit? Play their stupid fucking games right back at them.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wanna make a leftard completely lose their shit? Play their stupid fucking games right back at them.
nothing offends them more :)

Basically hypocrisy is the national sport of the left. Justin trudeau, currently under investigation for inapprorpriately suspending civil liberties, declaring the emergency act and seizing people's bank accounts, is furious that doug ford has lawfully envoked the notwithstanding clause which Justin's father agreed to put in the Charter.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Oh, OK. Because somebody did something in the past, any current incident of it must be their doing.

Got it.

Or is that only true for the U.S.? Trying to be specific here.
Ohhh look - the popular left wing tactic of reductio ad absurdum.

Sorry Tec - but it's pretty well recognized that a person or group's past behavior IS in fact an indicator of likely future behavior. Not always, as you pretend to assert, but if someone has done a thing10 times before then it's certainly reasonable to believe that it's possible they did that thing an 11th time.

So far from trying to be specific - you're just being dishonest and deceptive.

The us HAS done such things in the past, it is PLAUSABLE (but not proven) that they've done it here. Cope with it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
All it would take is for Palestine to knock off its bullshit and the peace could begin. But as long as Palestine refuses to renounce their war of extermination against Israel, Isael has absolutely zero reason to play ball.

No, Jin, that's not 'all it would take', not anymore.

NEITHER side wants peace at this point. Not Israel, not Palestine. Neither side.

As I said, Rabin was their LAST chance at it - Palestine WAS willing to quit their BS, and Israel was willing to work with them - but then an extremist ISRAELI from the right wing and from the same party as Ben-Gvir (same generation too IIRC) stopped that.

And no one from Israel stepped up to continue the push for peace that Rabin wanted. No one from Palestine encouraged the plans to continue.

THAT was their chance, and both sides blew it. From that moment on, THAT is when things changed.

After the various wars with Israel the Arab muslim countries lost some territory. After it was returned to Jordan and Egypt, they both settled the fuck down with their aggressive crap towards Israel. Israel has done the same with Palestine.

It's done the same with Palestine - and yet it's now grabbing Palestinian territory AGAINST international law.

Problem is as soon as the Palestinians get it back, they launch attacks against Israel from it.

The phrase - knife to a gun fight - comes to mind whenever I hear this. Only the Palestinians have rocks vs. guns and body armor, or, yes, grenades, suicide bombs, bombs, vs. air strikes and missiles...

Winning isn't likely for Palestine and they know it.

There's a valid reason why Sderot, a city of just 28,000 people is called the "Bomb Shelter Capital of the World.

And there's a valid reason why many people who previously supported Israel now are against them. When you have people in their own goverment demanding that their own people be kicked out of the country, or executed, all because they are of Arab decent, that's a problem. When people with that view now hold a chunk of power in the governing body of that country, that's a problem.

I'm not absolving Palestine of their wrongs and evils, do not get me wrong. Every time Palestine does ANYTHING it feeds these monsters, but when there are Palestinians who are doing nothing but living on land that was theirs for generations, now suddenly being kicked off of it, arrested or killed... that's a problem.

And for Palestinians who perpetuate THEIR end of the hate - bombing people and places, taking shelter in centers where innocents are to 'hide' - that does NOTHING but continue the process.

But let me ask you this, Jin, if YOU were in their place. If YOU were suddenly being kicked off land your family has held for generations, by a government that has no real right to, if they killed one of yours who dared stand up to face the people coming into take what was yours, how would YOU respond?

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2