A new look for CC

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's a little paper and pencil in the right hand corner of your post. At least, it is on my web browser.

If I recall correctly, regular members can only use the edit function on a post for a certain amount of time. The only ones that can continually edit posts are Mods and Andem. That way, a post that could be deemed Infraction-worthy isn't changed before the Mods can see it(since we all know that not everyone employs the Report feature when required;) ).

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's a little paper and pencil in the right hand corner of your post. At least, it is on my web browser.

Should look like this:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Not in my case. I just show two members in blue and one isn't on my list.

That is strange. Every single one that I have(and this has been every time I've checked out that section) is either a Friend or is under the "Friendship-requested" option(either through me requesting them or they requesting me).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Karrie - wouldn't being able to edit a post that is "deemed infraction worthy" be a good thing and save the mods the hassle? I know myself I've had second thoughts about posts that might get someone's ass in a knot and made changes. Just seems smart to me. :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Karrie - wouldn't being able to edit a post that is "deemed infraction worthy" be a good thing and save the mods the hassle? I know myself I've had second thoughts about posts that might get someone's ass in a knot and made changes. Just seems smart to me. :smile:

lol... I think the time restriction (at the risk of contradicting shadow), is more about making sure that the post other people quote, stays the same, so the thread doesn't get massively confusing, with tons of posts that are quoting stuff that's disappeared.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One more suggestion, numbering the posts can come in quite handy, along with the time and date.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
If icons are missing, I suspect you're using Internet Explorer 6. This browser does not support many modern standards and I highly urge you to upgrade. I'll see what I can do to make ie6 work.
Nope! Windows 7, latest Google version with the mandatory IE (version #8 eight [8 keeps switching to a smilie! Always does that!] running in the background - useless thing! My page looks nothing like the pic Ron from Regina (thank you, Ron!) put up. I run a grey background.... Um... Thinking deep thinks.... BRB...

Yup! That's the problem. I can't stand glary white pages, so switched from "allow pages to choose their own colours" to an easier on the eyes very light grey.

I now have glary white but all the icons are showing up. Oh well.... Getting out me sunglasses. Sorry to have bothered you!

Oh, yes, I'm with JLM - not permanent edit - though that could be very entertaining <EWG>, but about ten or fifteen more minutes edit time would be excellent. Hmmm....? And definitely needed dates & posts numbers if possible, very useful indeed. Ta!

That's five edits. lol

Last edited:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Bcool, would you mind posting a screenshot? Your description really doesn't sound like what I see. It should work on IE8.

Here's what I see... and what you should see:

(both Classic and Default themes)

Last edited:

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Bcool, would you mind posting a screenshot? Your description really doesn't sound like what I see. It should work on IE8.

Here's what I see... and what you should see:

(both Classic and Default themes)
Sorry! I've been fiddling around trying to take a screenshot in Google & no success. Actually it looks pretty close to the second one down in your .jpg. I think it was my forgetting (I'm a wrinkly, so I'm entitled to forget such things :smile:) that I had those custom settings for the page colour that's caused you all this bother. Actually, kind of odd that just setting the page colour would zap everything like that? I assumed you were going for the steel & minimalist purely functional look. :glasses7:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The blue/white/grey is actually the colour scheme CC used pre-2005. I decided to add it as a theme.

PLEASE NOTE:
I've enlarged the icons on posts, so if you're seeing funny looking icons, just clear your cache or in Firefox, refresh the page a couple of times.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That screenshot suggests to me that you were not logged in when you took it. See there is no reply button nor are there any post functions.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
this is **** mate, no disrespect intended.....I cant even see what anyone has posted in this thread. wheres the edit button, by the way?

I cant even see what I just posted.......for christ sake, it wasnt broken, so dont effffing fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
That screenshot suggests to me that you were not logged in when you took it. See there is no reply button nor are there any post functions.
Oh don't be cross with me! I'm sorry! :crybaby: I just installed the Google app to take a screenshot. Give me a break.... :::sob:::

K, how's this one then? (Only my second pic with this gizmo & I'm a wrinkly remember. lol)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Great Bcool.. now the post you just made should be editable. There is a pencil icon beside the yellow "Report Post" icon. The button will disappear after around (60) minutes.