A new look for CC

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I see post numbers.

Looks like I'll have to recode the title bar of posts. It doesn't seem to be compatible with certain configurations.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
To see post numbers I just mouse over the post and the mumbers for that particular poster appear under his/her name...
As for getting to the top or bottom of the page real quick...just press "home" or "end" on your keyboard..
on certain keyboards, yo you may have to press "shift" key at the same time.....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ok, here's a question.

I quickly looked through this thread searching key words that might link me to my answer, but didn't find anything and I've been digging around by myself to figure out where the hell it went, but still can't find them.......

Where'd the emoticons go when posting?

The only way I can get them in a post is by typing in the code from memory.... which doesn't help when I want to use others I'm not too familiar with.

They're not to the right anymore.

Added:

I answered my own question, as they're now located at the top under the icon of the guy's head, which I originally thought was for attaching images (IMG tag code thingy)

Never mind.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
To see post numbers I just mouse over the post and the mumbers for that particular poster appear under his/her name...
As for getting to the top or bottom of the page real quick...just press "home" or "end" on your keyboard..
on certain keyboards, yo you may have to press "shift" key at the same time.....

I did not refer to the number of posts by a member. I was referring to the number that used to be assigned/attached to each post, i.e. the first post following the OP was #1 the second post #2 etc. That number can not be found any more.

I haven't got sufficiently large ego for the need to see the number of posts I posted, neither am I impressed by some high number of posts by somebody else.

BTW, the "edit" function, as used to be, also seems to be a used to be.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I see post numbers no problem, without mousing over anything.
The post # as refered to by Jack I see without mousing over anything also..This post should be #71 unless someone posted before me..:smile:
I did not refer to the number of posts by a member. I was referring to the number that used to be assigned/attached to each post, i.e. the first post following the OP was #1 the second post #2 etc. That number can not be found any more.

I haven't got sufficiently large ego for the need to see the number of posts I posted, neither am I impressed by some high number of posts by somebody else.

To edit click on the little pencil..to right hand corner of your post

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

YukonJack, I don't even pretend to be Tech Savvy at all, but I had an issue very much
like what you're describing above. A bright person gave me this guidance which
solved the issue for me. Click on the Compatibility Button to see if this fixes
the issue for you like it did for me. It's up at the top of your browser, and is
right between your address bar & your refresh button...I'll include a
picture.

This may or may not help you, but it fixed it for me. I'm using Internet Explorer 8, & I
had no post numbers like you, and also no time stamps on the posts either.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Ron, thanks for your attempt, however, for better or worse, I opted for Firefox, so your solution in Internet Explorer does not do it for me.

My "complaint" was not really a complaint. I can still enjoy CC without post numbers, but at times the easiest and simplest way to refer to a previous post (short of quoting) was referring to it by its number.

I still miss the "edit" function though, unless there is some other, more than likely more convoluted way to edit a post (you know, second thought, spelling corrections, etc.) already submitted.

Just have to be more careful about spelling and include my second thoughts in my first ones.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
On my Firefox I have the full meal deal... post numbers, edit buttons, etc. Why some do and some don't is a bizarre little glitch, and likely something you'll have to deal with on your end rather than Andem's.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ron, thanks for your attempt, however, for better or worse, I opted for Firefox, so your solution in Internet Explorer does not do it for me.

My "complaint" was not really a complaint. I can still enjoy CC without post numbers, but at times the easiest and simplest way to refer to a previous post (short of quoting) was referring to it by its number.

I still miss the "edit" function though, unless there is some other, more than likely more convoluted way to edit a post (you know, second thought, spelling corrections, etc.) already submitted.

Just have to be more careful about spelling and include my second thoughts in my first ones.

I am using firefox and can see everything you are saying you can not. to the right of your name and to the left of "re:a new look for CC" is the number 73. The edit botton is now a pencil at the top right of your post.

edit:

edited out the garbage that was already quoted by Das. hmmmmmm...... maybe Andem just doesn't like Jack....lol

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I am using firefox and can see everything you are saying you can not. to the right of your name and to the left of "re:a new look for CC" is the number 73. The edit botton is now a pencil at the top right of your post.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png
Gerryh.....I can see everything also and can even edit my last post from over forty minutes ago with firefox and explorer...
But I'm wondering about any more attempts at helping the guy.....he seems to have a smart a$$ comment for every attempt we do.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
DaSleeper, you hurt my feelings with your "smart a$$" comment. I would expect something like that from gerryh or DurkaDurka, who would find fault with me even if I discovered and shared with the world the cure fore cancer.

After fiddling with "tools" in Firefox, I now can see the post number. Still no "edit" function, though, so I will have a bit more work to do.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I've increased the font size and spacing of posts and find it looks a bit better.

Yukon: I've tried everything I can to reproduce what you're seeing and can't find anything wrong. Is there any setting you found that helped it?