47 million dollars everyone!!

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
If I were to win, I'd buy every regular poster a regular double-double.*

*Redemption must occur within 1 hour of Spade's win.

LOL Spade...thanks...you're very generous! I'll have to look first thing tomorrow morning to see if I won and I'll be sure to let you all know! What a dream!!!!!!!
(I get excited just thinking about winning, imagine the actual winning?) (I'll make sure my will is up to date, just to be safe! LOL)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
With that kind of moolah I think I can afford to give away a little bit of money.;-):lol:
Well then ante up: Here are the prize results -(I paid my share of the winning ticket)
February 21st, 2009

• Lotto 649 Prize Breakdown by location of winning tickets for February 21st draw
    • 6/6 Jackpot
      • 3 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
    • 5/6 + Bonus
      • 3 British Columbia
      • 4 Western Canada
      • 10 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
      • 2 Atlantic Canada

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Well then ante up: Here are the prize results -(I paid my share of the winning ticket)
February 21st, 2009

• Lotto 649 Prize Breakdown by location of winning tickets for February 21st draw
    • 6/6 Jackpot
      • 3 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
    • 5/6 + Bonus
      • 3 British Columbia
      • 4 Western Canada
      • 10 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
      • 2 Atlantic Canada

I noticed the following again..

6/6 Jackpot

• 3 Ontario
Something I know from my sister is that you can buy a ticket in Ontario is you have an address you can use even if you live in BC..

As an example I can buy a ticket under my name in BC but use my Nephews address in Ontario as the bill to for my Visa purchase. I am not quite sure of the legal aspect of it but as my sister has lived in the Caribbean for the last few years I am sure she has look at all those facts.

I wonder how that would change the odds ?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
If you were travelling in Ontario and bought a lottery ticket and won, all it would mean is that you have to go to Ontario to collect the money (or you can mail it if you wanted to take a chance on it). The same is true for every province. Everyone says that you have a greater chance of winning if you live in Ontario because more tickets are sold there. So - if the winning tickets were all quick picks, why wouldn't our chances be the same? On my way to work today, I heard them state on the radio, that the odds of winning 649 were 1 in 14 million. Even in the 5 out of 6 plus the bonus, there was 10 winners in Ontario. It simply doesn't make any sense to me at all. I read a report from a fellow not too long ago - maybe a year, that stated he went to the same store and bought a quick pick every lottery day. He finally realized that everytime he bought a ticket, the numbers were the same as the time before. Obviously a broken ticket machine. Maybe it's like the gas checker sign at our local super store (you know - the one that is supposed to tell you the last time the pump was serviced), it's half torn off so you cannot read the date. Maybe lotto machines should be checked every couple of months. Since all the winning numbers get picked in Ontario (okay - most of the winning numbers) I think that every few months all their machines should be brought to the west. :) Then maybe we'll win!!!! Watcha think - huh?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I noticed the following again..

6/6 Jackpot
  • 3 Ontario
Something I know from my sister is that you can buy a ticket in Ontario is you have an address you can use even if you live in BC..

As an example I can buy a ticket under my name in BC but use my Nephews address in Ontario as the bill to for my Visa purchase. I am not quite sure of the legal aspect of it but as my sister has lived in the Caribbean for the last few years I am sure she has look at all those facts.

I wonder how that would change the odds ?
To the best of my knowledge Sir Francis, you don't even have to live in Canada to win the lottery. You just have to buy your ticket here and collect it in the province you purchased it in. So - while it might show it was won in Ontario or BC, it could have been purchased and won by an American. Personally, I don't think that should be allowed but I believe it is.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
February 21st, 2009

• 6/6 Jackpot
      • 3 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
    • 5/6 + Bonus
      • 3 British Columbia
      • 4 Western Canada
      • 10 Ontario
      • 1 Quebec
      • 2 Atlantic Canada

Considering how I did not get one single number on my ticket(and none on the free play ticket either) I cannot ante anything up. Dang.:-(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I still have to check..
5/6 + Bonus
3 British Columbia

I will gladly collect one of those 3 prizes

I remember I had gotten 4/7 on Super7 and all I got was $78. Why is there such a discrepency between the main prize and the lower prizes? It is hard getting 4 numbers on it, so why should the prize not be worth more? It irks me to no end.

And I hope you win SirFrancis.:cool:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I remember I had gotten 4/7 on Super7 and all I got was $78. Why is there such a discrepency between the main prize and the lower prizes? It is hard getting 4 numbers on it, so why should the prize not be worth more? It irks me to no end.

And I hope you win SirFrancis.:cool:

Payout is lower on Super 7 but if I understand correctly odd are better to win.. I have not looked at how they do this but something on how they calculate the money allocated to payout. Hence 60% to players and 40 % them as example ( numbers just a example ).

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
Well folks, looks like my dreams aren't coming true! LOL If only?? We'll all have to hang tight, put our plans on hold and wait for the winnings, if and when it does happen!! Keep on dreaming! :)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
HEY!!!! I WON!!!! :lol: Ten Bucks!!! :lol: But here's something that's weird...

It's easier (better odds) to win $10 than it is to win $5...8O

3 of 6 (for a $10 prize) the odds are 1:57
2 of 6 +Bonus (for a $5 prize) the odds are 1:81

With that in mind, you'd think that 3 of 6 numbers would be $5 and
2 of 6 +Bonus# would b a $10 prize...but it's not that way.

Odds for 4 of 6 #'s are 1:1,032 >>>>>>>>>>>>(Share of 9.00% of Pools Fund*)
Odds for 5 of 6 #'s are 1:55,491 >>>>>>>>>>>(Share of 4.75% of Pools Fund*)
Odds for 5 of 6 #'s +Bonus are 1:2,330,636 >>(Share of 5.75% of Pools Fund*)
Odds for 6 of 6 #'s are 1:13,983,816 >>>>>>> (Share of 80.50% of Pools Fund*)